IGNORED

OK So Who?

REDOXO

There seem to be two main threads

Dean Holden isn’t up to it AND Mark Ashton is the root of The Problem.

Personally I have been behind Holden, but after the last few games I’;m not sure the ‘no excuses we were awful’ sound bite carries much weight anymore.

Ashton, I just don’t know. The trite sound bites and the tone that implies supporters are idiots gets on my wick, but I’m sure someone thinks he’s doing something right.

I am interested In how people would reorganize the club at any level and who would you realistically bring in (at what cost?)

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don’t think we have ever discussed this.

I don’t think we have. We have an academy that churns out players who cant get in the team except the occasional five minutes, Brentford for example got rid of theirs.

I have lost count of the amount of Pro’s on the books.

We have not one but two England International coach’s 

A hierarchy that bleeds across multiple organizations

etc etc etc

Thats before you even talk about how we play

So how would you reorganize?

With SL, MA, JA and DH leading us  to where i don't know. I have said it before and i guess i will get told about the new stadium and training grounds etc. But our only hope of reaching the Premiership is for a new owner to buy the club. Yes i know their have been disasters but also some brilliant take overs. But if you want to get out of this terrible circle we need to break the circle. If we get the right owners that would rid us of SL, MA, JL and DH in one fell swoop. If we don't do that then we have many years of what we have seen since LJ left.

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

With SL, MA, JA and DH leading us  to where i don't know. I have said it before and i guess i will get told about the new stadium and training grounds etc. But our only hope of reaching the Premiership is for a new owner to buy the club. Yes i know their have been disasters but also some brilliant take overs. But if you want to get out of this terrible circle we need to break the circle. If we get the right owners that would rid us of SL, MA, JL and DH in one fell swoop. If we don't do that then we have many years of what we have seen since LJ left.

Since LJ Left!? He was very much part of the same cycle. 

I did post something (started a thread) a little while ago which got merged into another thread about how recent events felt like the quiet period before a take over. 

But I certainly agree with the thrust. It seems that we are going down a road that has created a HUGE squad many of whom have no chance of playing and a structure that is bloating it further. 

The whole thing needs to be critically judged and probably altered, starting at the top. 

So far Mark Ashton has - for all his talk of '20 years in this industry' and his contacts in football and 'planning ahead' and 'consulting throughout the football Industry' has .... after twice undergoing 6 week periods of extensive interviews.... appointed:. 

Steve Lansdown's mate, and Steve Lansdown's mate's mate.

He's a fraud .

Just now, CodeRed said:

So far Mark Ashton has - for all his talk of '20 years in this industry' and his contacts in football and 'planning ahead' and 'consulting throughout the football Industry' has .... after twice undergoing 6 week periods of extensive interviews.... appointed:. 

He's a fraud .

Quote of the week! Well done!

Just now, CodeRed said:

He's a fraud .

You seem to have forgotten that many other Clubs come to us , in awe , and asked how we operate 

Personally I think it’s actually a few thinking ‘Better find out what they are doing so we can make sure we don’t do it their way’

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s because we missed out on Warnock, Hughton, McCarthy, Neil ... but let’s give it to the guy with zero experience or achievements ... AGAIN ???

This. Wouldn't it be simpler to have an owner who knows how to run a business but knows sod all about football (we already have one). That owner then employs a manager that does know about football who has on his cv promotion to the top flight and gives him sole control of everything to do with the football team. No middle men. Just a manager who can manage without any interference and choose his assistant and players.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's a fraud .

Ran out of likes

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by RTL

9 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's a fraud .

tenor.gif

Archived