IGNORED

OK So Who?

REDOXO

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If big pharma have their way and continue to influence the NHS as they do Covid 19 will never go away... In fact, like flu, it won't. So you can look forward to many more lockdowns and many more years of Dean then.

###Howe already refused to work under our structure. ####

I didn't realize, when was this?

I thaught it would never happen ?

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If big pharma have their way and continue to influence the NHS as they do Covid 19 will never go away... In fact, like flu, it won't. So you can look forward to many more lockdowns and many more years of Dean then.

Howe already refused to work under our structure. 

Oh dear. Tinfoil, much?

Need to look for a foreign tactician like many successful clubs have done once deciding on this route. 
Norwich, Brentford, Watford, Reading all in the current top 5, plus Wolves, West Brom, Leeds previously, we need to stop appointing from the manager merry go round list
www.otibclothing.co.uk

13 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Of course we don’t know whether any manager would accept the role. My hunch following the summer’s fiasco is that several would not work in our system/structure. 

Reputedly Paul Cook ruled himself out once he realised the power and influence Ashton has. No good changing the manager without getting rid of Ashton, Rolls, Simpson etc.

Holden wont be going. The club clearly dont have many options of who they can bring in to work under the structure we have.

Or, they are perfectly content to be a lower end championship team playing god awful football. Which is an odd turn around considering the reasons they sacked Johnson. 

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Holden wont be going. The club clearly dont have many options of who they can bring in to work under the structure we have.

Or, they are perfectly content to be a lower end championship team playing god awful football. Which is an odd turn around considering the reasons they sacked Johnson. 

Lansdown is painting himself into a corner. Something has to change. 

14 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You seem to have forgotten that many other Clubs come to us , in awe , and asked how we operate 

Personally I think it’s actually a few thinking ‘Better find out what they are doing so we can make sure we don’t do it their way’

There after our Tombola.............the pheckers?

Paul Cook in. 
Ashton out. 
Holden can stay as a coach if he wants. 
Tinnion to Head of Recruitment. Tinnion then also responsible for the whole scouting network, which needs to be extensive ‘on the ground’ scouting, combined with analytical. 

I wrote last summer on one of the new manager threads about Paul Cook’s recruitment history. It’s superb. He had a very good eye for a player, at the right time - early enough to be ‘gettable’ but not too late to be ‘too expensive’. 
Get him in. If he wants to appoint a chief scout whom he’s previously worked with and trusts, then let him. 

This is why Cook didn’t want the job last year. He’d be thrown under the bus. He’d have no control over ins and outs. So he won’t be able to be free to be the person that’s been successful. Our set up puts restrictions on these kind of managers. They are asked to be a coach, not a manager. Cook in, with full control, and we’ll see a turnaround. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Atticus said:

He looked broken in his post match interview yesterday. 

Very quick in someone's tenure for this 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Paul Cook in. 
Ashton out. 
Holden can stay as a coach if he wants. 
Tinnion to Head of Recruitment. Tinnion then also responsible for the whole scouting network, which needs to be extensive ‘on the ground’ scouting, combined with analytical. 

I wrote last summer on one of the new manager threads about Paul Cook’s recruitment history. It’s superb. He had a very good eye for a player, at the right time - early enough to be ‘gettable’ but not too late to be ‘too expensive’. 
Get him in. If he wants to appoint a chief scout whom he’s previously worked with and trusts, then let him. 

This is why Cook didn’t want the job last year. He’d be thrown under the bus. He’d have no control over ins and outs. So he won’t be able to be free to be the person that’s been successful. Our set up puts restrictions on these kind of managers. They are asked to be a coach, not a manager. Cook in, with full control, and we’ll see a turnaround. 

Funny you mention Tinnion, to me we've made the same mistake in appointing Holden as we did with Tinnion. 

Fortunately for Tinnion he's worked hard to get back to where he is now, his term could easily have finished him in football. 

Let's hope it doesn't destroy Holden 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

He looked broken in his post match interview yesterday. 

Very quick in someone's tenure for this 

Funny you mention Tinnion, to me we've made the same mistake in appointing Holden as we did with Tinnion. 

Fortunately for Tinnion he's worked hard to get back to where he is now, his term could easily have finished him in football. 

Let's hope it doesn't destroy Holden 

Yep. Tinnion knows he’s not a manager. He’s found a position that suits. 
Holden needs to realise he isn’t a manager. Good coach, for sure. But no manager. I hope he continues here as a coach. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Tinnion knows he’s not a manager. He’s found a position that suits. 
Holden needs to realise he isn’t a manager. Good coach, for sure. But no manager. I hope he continues here as a coach. 

Can you see this happening @Harry?

If DH were to be relieved of his duties (unlikely at this stage I would think?), I’d imagine that he would leave the club at the same time?

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Can you see this happening @Harry?

If DH were to be relieved of his duties (unlikely at this stage I would think?), I’d imagine that he would leave the club at the same time?

Depends on his own ego I suppose. Which I don’t think he has one, so he may be humble enough to say “yep,management isn’t for me - I’m a coach”. 

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Do you think City will make a change anytime soon @Harry?

No. I think we’ll wait til later in the season. 
Sadly, those in charge are naive (nay stupid) enough to think that we’re still in with a shout of the playoffs. 
We won’t take action until that is not a possibility. It’s the way SL does things. 
DH had no ‘target’ as such, but if you sack one manager for not getting us to the playoffs, and the next guy comes in with a promise that he’ll take us further, then once playoffs are not possible, I think the trigger is pulled. 
But, as has been mentioned plenty of times, Ashton must go as well. 

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

‘Reputed’ by whom?  I heard he didn’t want to come South.

No. He didn’t want to work in a structure that meant one of his best assets (his recruitment skills) would be restricted. 

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Its all rubbish. Cook has said on numerous occasions what a well run club we are and wouldve snapped our hands off. The reason he didn't get the job is because they decided Holden was the better option. 

We haven't had a "fit" for this club since SC. Those names listed wouldn't get my hopes up but neither did SC when he first came here so who knows. SL has taken his eyes off the football for the rugby and it's showing. Where is JL? He is the chairman but he's more obscure than Keith Dawe was. MA has suddenly acquired a football club but has no idea how to make it work. Sack Ashton and bring back SC and give him LJs budget. At least it would be entertaining.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Paul Cook in. ✅
Ashton out. ✅
Holden can stay as a coach if he wants. ✅
Tinnion to Head of Recruitment. Tinnion then also responsible for the whole scouting network, which needs to be extensive ‘on the ground’ scouting, combined with analytical.✅

I think one other thing is that “playing budget” needs to move across too.  I wouldn’t burden BT with that, but you’d need to bring in that budget control / strategy somewhere within that team.  In effect you split football from non-football operations.  Tinnion’s playing knowledge, management of loan strategy, would allow a coherent plan.  I think I maybe suggested this in the summer.

I wrote last summer on one of the new manager threads about Paul Cook’s recruitment history.

you did indeed.  It was quite similar to your one when LJ arrived believe it or not, but Cook has more pedigree and experience.

It’s superb. He had a very good eye for a player, at the right time - early enough to be ‘gettable’ but not too late to be ‘too expensive’.

exactly that.  Cook’s reputation gets you a Watkins doesn’t it?
✅

⬆️⬆️⬆️.

34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really? He managed Portsmouth. Can't get much more south than that.

Plus he played all over the place.

As multiple other managers have shown, managing in Bristol doesn't mean you have to uproot your family, if that is considered a stumbling block.

18 hours ago, CodeRed said:

So far Mark Ashton has - for all his talk of '20 years in this industry' and his contacts in football and 'planning ahead' and 'consulting throughout the football Industry' has .... after twice undergoing 6 week periods of extensive interviews.... appointed:. 

Steve Lansdown's mate, and Steve Lansdown's mate's mate.

He's a fraud .

Nah, he is a fraudulant PLANT.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I arrived rather late to this thread and apologise, for I now see that you posted yesterday what I posted just a few minutes ago....

No need to apologise Phil, he would have been perfect.

MVB would be my personal choice at present, he had some record at PSV.

Some good stuff in here!

When I started the thread I was really trying to gauge the thoughts of supporters about the entire way the football side is set up!

Accademy great, but is there a pathway to anything except the bench occasionally and a loan to Newport.

We have dozens of young players chomping at the bit, however two or three got five minute cameos and Bakinson became a starter for a while. I suppose what I’m saying ‘over a course of a season’ the two national team youth coach’s couldn’t persuade Dean to start more of them. What is the value of the academy and the two assistants. (The obvious comparison being the Brentford model. I believe they dumped their academy) 

Ashton and CEO of the FC, is a subject most are fed up with, so what do we do? Dump the role, bring in a director of football? Something else?

Dean Holden, if he is fired, to what extent do we reorganize the entire club? 

Should directors be on the board of Bristol Sport, Bristol Rugby and Bristol City, what are the conflicts of interest, if any?

Archived