IGNORED

OK So Who?

REDOXO

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Whatever they are, pay it

Posters on here ridiculed at Bielsas Wages 

Yet he got them promoted whilst being exceedingly entertaining and with a small squad , spending little money and increasing the value of quite a few players x fold in the process.

Our model has us watching about £12 million pounds worth of signings walking out the door for free in June , as it stands

Depends how you want to spend , or waste your money I guess 

Not that it will ever happen.

Howe comes across as a sensitive soul, likes to be close to home. We represent a solid job for him.

Holden is and was always a covid stop-gap surly. He will be here until covid isn't, as long as we are clear of the relegation battle ground. 

But Howe fits because of his personal restrictions or he could be Everton/saints/Newcastle level. 

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They left off the woman at Chelsea too

32 minutes ago, Taz said:

Since when has Sol Campbell been regarded as "Championship Contender".

Whoever produced that list needs to bang their head against the nearest brick wall, perhaps that will knock some sense into them!

I apologise, once more, most profusely for using the first list found on google.

Given it's slightly out of date anyway, I'm amazed LJ wasn't in the A-listers. :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Cowley God no.

Agreed, not sure about Poyet either in all honesty. Didn't he get the bullet somewhere for being outspoken? Not sure he would fit.

Wagner was the Shit04 Manager and was hopeless there so he can stay on the list for a job well done.

Howe, Wagner, Van Bommel or Cook then.

Crikey, I would have some of this...

image.png.3ce95884dcafb2020e1733032b386fa1.png

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Agreed, not sure about Poyet either in all honesty. Didn't he get the bullet somewhere for being outspoken? Not sure he would fit.

Wagner was the Shit04 Manager and was hopeless there so he can stay on the list for a job well done.

Sorry to quote my own post but extrapolate those %'s for MVB and that's a 90 point season.

Get him on the phone now!!

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not a very inspiring list...

image.thumb.png.fd9d43ecd01b047e0393edd31c0a3f7c.png

What have Lampard or Vieira done to merit elevation to the A-List? As managers I mean...can't think of a huge amount.

Benitez is surely A-List above these two! Jardim had a great body of work with Monaco, Lampard and Vieira as managers to date...big playing names but nothing IMO to merit A-List credentials.

@Taz @Roger Red Hat

Would I want Campbell? No. However at least he has worked his way up, or might have started doing so anyway unlike the (relatively speaking) Silver Spoon brigade of Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and maybe Vieira though not so sure on his career appointments thusfar. Early career trajectory?? Well and truly underqualified, though I suppose Derby job sounds more attractive on paper than in reality right now in Rooney's case.

Solskjaer too maybe, though at least he did manage Molde and Cardiff- still clubs that just appoint former heroes or what not, deserve all they get when inevitably proven out of their depth, or at least proven out of their depth at that early stage.

Campbell otoh, was handed not one but two Hospital Passes at Macclesfield and Southend. They didn't go so well but he got stuck in, he kept Macclesfield up I think?

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Taz @Roger Red Hat

Would I want Campbell? No. However at least he has worked his way up, or might have started doing so anyway unlike the (relatively speaking) Silver Spoon brigade of Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Arteta. Early career trajectory?? Well and truly underqualified, though I suppose Derby job sounds more attractive on paper than in reality right now in Rooney's case.

Starting in the second tier is hardly unheard of for coaches, Brendan Rodgers started in the championship, Klopp started at second tier Mainz, Guardiola while a lower level in the club wasn't outside the Barca system, Thomas Frank had only had a Danish top division side before being brought to a role at Brentford and then promoted, Nuno Portuguese top division to La Liga etc surely it doesn't matter where they start as long as they're good enough for the job? Lampard guided Derby to a play off final in his first season hardly a poor achievement and not his fault Chelsea came calling and Rooney seems to be turning Derby around.

Campbell was his own enemy turning up for interviews expecting to get the job because of his playing career, he supposedly turned up to an interview not knowing any of the players nor being able to describe how he'd try and get the team playing. He was invited to a meeting between different groups about tackling racism in football and things like raising the number of BAME coaches and managers, had a Q&A with Dan Ashworth, one question being why was Gary Neville fast tracked to England Assistant, not an unfair question, Ashworth starts giving the answer and is interrupted with 'but I'm Sol Campbell'. 

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Starting in the second tier is hardly unheard of for coaches, Brendan Rodgers started in the championship, Klopp started at second tier Mainz, Guardiola while a lower level in the club wasn't outside the Barca system, Thomas Frank had only had a Danish top division side before being brought to a role at Brentford and then promoted, Nuno Portuguese top division to La Liga etc surely it doesn't matter where they start as long as they're good enough for the job? Lampard guided Derby to a play off final in his first season hardly a poor achievement and not his fault Chelsea came calling and Rooney seems to be turning Derby around.

Campbell was his own enemy turning up for interviews expecting to get the job because of his playing career, he supposedly turned up to an interview not knowing any of the players nor being able to describe how he'd try and get the team playing. He was invited to a meeting between different groups about tackling racism in football and things like raising the number of BAME coaches and managers, had a Q&A with Dan Ashworth, one question being why was Gary Neville fast tracked to England Assistant, not an unfair question, Ashworth starts giving the answer and is interrupted with 'but I'm Sol Campbell'. 

Campbell does seem a bit perhaps to have a bit of a high opinion of himself, it seems interesting what you say, will definitely look into it.

Rodgers begun with a lowly Reading and Watford- Guardiola I'll give you, Frank I'd have to look into him a bit more.

With respect to fast track of managers, maybe it's a bit old fashioned but I do have a bit more respect for those who have done some hard yards outside the top 2 divisions or big hitters in said division- Derby are or were a big hitter in this League- Under Lampard, were in the process of utilising every trick in the book to try and maximise amortisation and in terms of Rooney are not even paying wages correctly- in a way bit more respect for that as it's not Derby with big budget, splashing some cash.

He had mates rates Benefits- Mount and Tomori from Chelsea, Wilson would have been the going rate of course- Lampard and led Derby from 6th, to- er, 6th. He had his positive attributes of course but he was obviously underqualified when that job came and the media "Oh it's so unfair" "Deserved more time"- Think he'd have got a bit less time if his name wasn't Frank Lampard personally.

Were Mainz a bigger hitter in Bundesliga 2? I honestly don't know. About to Google which club Nuno began at...Groundbreaking though, Rio Ave probably some middling, lower middling Portugese club.

That said I've Googled Klopp and Mainz- he led them to their first ever promotion to the Bundesliga- groundbreaking again! Then proceeded to lead them to Europa League within 2 seasons, and in Season 1 they had the lowest budget and finished 11th in the Bundesliga.

He stated he considers the promotion at Mainz to his greatest achievement the other year as it goes.

In May 2012, Rio Ave F.C. sacked manager Carlos Brito and announced the appointment of Espírito Santo.[20] In his second season in charge, the team reached both the Taça de Portugal and Taça da Liga finals,[21] also leading them to the UEFA Europa League for the first time in their history.

He led to Cup finals and Europe for the first time in their history. Arteta had a worse first season and a half than Emery, Lampard led Derby from 6th to 6th and Chelsea from 3rd to 4th though I'll absolutely credit him with blooding youth- that said the first of those two did win the Cup vs the 2nd.

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Posters on here ridiculed at Bielsas Wages 

Yet he got them promoted whilst being exceedingly entertaining and with a small squad , spending little money and increasing the value of quite a few players x fold in the process.

Our model has us watching about £12 million pounds worth of signings walking out the door for free in June , as it stands

Depends how you want to spend , or waste your money I guess 

Sorry, thought we were getting Cotts back then. Happy with that mind!!

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You seem to have forgotten that many other Clubs come to us , in awe , and asked how we operate 

Of course... they're just gagging to lose £30M a year, and assemble an expensive unbalanced squad with little sell on value or the ability required to finish top 6!  Oh -  and of course they all want to know how to manage a £5M striker's contract so he leaves for nothing.

They're definitely in awe......shock and awe how we can f it up so often !

3 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Not that it will ever happen.

Howe comes across as a sensitive soul, likes to be close to home. We represent a solid job for him.

Holden is and was always a covid stop-gap surly. He will be here until covid isn't, as long as we are clear of the relegation battle ground. 

But Howe fits because of his personal restrictions or he could be Everton/saints/Newcastle level. 

If big pharma have their way and continue to influence the NHS as they do Covid 19 will never go away... In fact, like flu, it won't. So you can look forward to many more lockdowns and many more years of Dean then.

Howe already refused to work under our structure. 

10 hours ago, tin said:

Get rid of Ashton, the recruiters and the medics. Appoint Paul Cook as manager, statisticians in recruitment, and build an extensive scouting network that will remain in place after Cook.

Didn't we do this? Or it's supposed to be the current plan? Have a system that outlives the manager and the new manager follows the system - but people complain that decent managers wont want to come in and work within that system?

I'm not saying its working, but I understood that to be the aim?

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If big pharma have their way and continue to influence the NHS as they do Covid 19 will never go away... In fact, like flu, it won't. So you can look forward to many more lockdowns and many more years of Dean then.

Utter nonsense. There won't be "many more lockdowns"

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

If it wasn't for Poyet, Brighton wouldn't be where they are today. He began and created the foundation for the success they are having today.

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

How do you know that about Howe? Not been talked about anywhere before.

Archived