IGNORED

Holden contract

Bassomylord

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

could someone explain how his 1 year rolling contract works? Assuming its as straight forward as it sounds is it a case that it automatically renews unless we end the contract before a certain date? Or is it as simple as a standard 1 year fixed term contract?

My understanding is that it always has a year to go at any time.

I think in effect it renews itself every day so he is always under contract (if successful) or guaranteed a year’s compo (if unsuccessful). In reality it suits the club more than the manager because any manager worth his salt would want atleast a 3 year contract renewed every 18 months. 

4 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I think in effect it renews itself every day so he is always under contract (if successful) or guaranteed a year’s compo (if unsuccessful). In reality it suits the club more than the manager because any manager worth his salt would want atleast a 3 year contract renewed every 18 months. 

Makes sense. Guessing on a lowish wage by Champiosnhop manager standards.....Nice easy pay off.

Hopefully there is a break clause in it and is shown the exit sooner rather than later, we are so poor no identity of how holden wants to set the team up with personal or tactics, we can blame Ashton all we want but Holden is employed to implement these things  on the pitch and he is massively failing  is clearly out of ideas with no sign of improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

I’d question more - why have we employed a Head Coach on a one year rolling contract , but given his two helpers 2 1/2 year contracts

Good thinking that - very logical

mind boggling

Does seem odd. I guess it depends on notice periods and whether there are clauses linking them to Holden. 

Maybe the real question is which one will win the coin toss to be Holden’s replacement. 

A one year rolling contract doesn't necessarily mean it continuously has one year remaining on it. It could be that it is subject to certain clauses having been met or it could mean that if the signatory is still in his position at a certain date it automatically gets renewed by a year. The term 'rolling contract' is far more ambiguous than it once was. We would only know the truth of what this means if we were actually party to the contract, which we are not.

Holden could well have been appointed on a one year contract but the powers that be didn't want to publicly display their lack of faith in him by revealing this fact, so dressed it up a bit by calling it a one year rolling contract, when in effect it might mean if he hasn't been relieved of his duties on the first anniversary of his appointment he automatically gets another one year contract.

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’d question more - why have we employed a Head Coach on a one year rolling contract , but given his two helpers 2 1/2 year contracts

mind boggling

So that they can take over when he gets sacked.

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yep

Doing a very good job there in fairness 

Heading for promotion likely 

But not for me thanks

Agreed, I don't want Ashtons' mate at the club regardless. It would only entwine us even further into his web of spin and waffle.

It's a no from me too. 

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

With Ady Boothroyd As   D Of F ?

On a serious note - not going to happen

If Ashton has the power some claim it will be Appleton

Was a bit surprised he didn’t get it ahead of Holden. His name was mentioned quite a bit if I recall. Tbh at the time I would have preferred Holden over Appleton. Looks like we are planning for life in L1 with a L 1 manager.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Agreed, I don't want Ashtons' mate at the club regardless. It would only entwine us even further into his web of spin and waffle.

It's a no from me too. 

The time has passed but if I was SL I’d have enticed Glen Hoddle as DofF some years back and worked from there - Let him sort out the Head Coach & coaches with , an admin man to run the finances , organisation etc etc 

Right at this moment I’d be asking Klopp if I could take him to dinner (Post CoVid )and ask him who he would recommend

- Not saying I’d automatically follow his advice but I’d certainly explore that avenue

• Admin
1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think we have been over this several hundred times

Up there with "is the game on the red button "

2 minutes ago, Matty Taylors a Red said:

It’s a 1 year contract that will automatically be renewed if neither party opts out. 

It does NOT always have 12 months remaining. Many on here believes it does, it’s a common misconception.

Are you sure?

There's no fixed renewal date

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Up there with "is the game on the red button "

Are you sure?

None of us know Phants

If you read Thornton’s article it suggests there’s a date by which  both parties have to commit to renew or other clause

I have no evidence , obviously,  but I do wonder or suspect that any such date may be in the next couple of months or there is a clause regarding end of season league position 

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you sure?

I don’t know the details of DH’s contract, but I know that legally speaking a “12 month rolling contract” is one where it renews each year automatically at the end of the 12 month period (unless one party chooses not to). 

So if the reports are accurate that he’s on a 12 month rolling contract then yeah I’m sure. I assume the auto renewal date is the anniversary date?

If he’s genuinely on a contract that always has 12 months left then that isn’t a 12 month rolling contract - and to be honest I’d be surprised as I’ve never come across such an employment contract in practice before. 

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

mind boggling

Have they?  I didn’t know that.

Archived