IGNORED

Holden contract

Bassomylord

14 hours ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

If he had any sense he’d walk at the end of the season anyway if things don’t improve. 

Sense probably isn't the word you're looking for there.

Why would anyone walk out of a contract in this business when the alternative is being sacked and paid up? That's not sensible for the person

14 hours ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

If he had any sense he’d walk at the end of the season anyway if things don’t improve. 

34 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sense probably isn't the word you're looking for there.

Why would anyone walk out of a contract in this business when the alternative is being sacked and paid up? That's not sensible for the person

“Leaving by mutual agreement” is a common euphemism used to disguise a sacking and the manager realising his time is up. Both parties agree a settlement of some sort and it doesn’t sound quite as bad. 

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

“Leaving by mutual agreement” is a common euphemism used to disguise a sacking and the manager realising his time is up. Both parties agree a settlement of some sort and it doesn’t sound quite as bad. 

Yes but I'm not sure that's what Ryan was implying

No idea about the nuts and bolts of Holden's contract, and the speculation is just that. However, I remember listening to talksport a few years ago and they were talking about the management game and how precarious it was. Brazil then threw in a comment which they expanded on that it was standard practice to clause a contract in the managers favour that on sacking, they always get a years salary. That was agreed with the LMA as standard to give managers in the lower leagues some security. I don't know if it's true though no reason to disbelieve what people in the game(as it were) are saying. So irrespective of where Dean is in his contract, I believe he'll always get a years money if he goes unless both parties agree not to renew in which case Dean would be barking and doing himself out of a years money.

13 minutes ago, Phillythe kid said:

No idea about the nuts and bolts of Holden's contract, and the speculation is just that. However, I remember listening to talksport a few years ago and they were talking about the management game and how precarious it was. Brazil then threw in a comment which they expanded on that it was standard practice to clause a contract in the managers favour that on sacking, they always get a years salary. That was agreed with the LMA as standard to give managers in the lower leagues some security. I don't know if it's true though no reason to disbelieve what people in the game(as it were) are saying. So irrespective of where Dean is in his contract, I believe he'll always get a years money if he goes unless both parties agree not to renew in which case Dean would be barking and doing himself out of a years money.

Your speculation is no different to anyone else’s.

Mr Brazil may have been wrong.

B4E3ED43-55AE-4ADC-96F2-92EC53BA81A9.thumb.jpeg.97c66ba103239f51c4be4c06be0c6168.jpeg

But, I point you at this, as others have posted too.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

It certainly changed my view on what I thought a rolling contract is / can be.

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2012/05/football-managerial-contracts-devil-in-the-detail/

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

B4E3ED43-55AE-4ADC-96F2-92EC53BA81A9.thumb.jpeg.97c66ba103239f51c4be4c06be0c6168.jpeg

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2012/05/football-managerial-contracts-devil-in-the-detail/

As he so often is!!! ?
Thanks for that, an interesting read!

So would I be right in thinking Dean has 6/7 months left on his contract unless they decide to “roll it over”  A decision which is usually made a couple of months prior to the end of the original fixed term 12 month contract? 

And if Mark Ashton was any good at his job there should be no compensation or gardening leave/notice period as there is no obligation. If we had to pay Dean till he found a new job after us, I fear we will be paying him for a while ? 

We held all the cards with the contract negotiations with Dean being early in his managerial career and it being a step up for him. Would hope Mr Fantastic secured a good contract for the club considering the financials going into next season with COVID. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some of that could become irrelevant I guess, as it’s based on EU law, I am assuming a new court case for a English Manager would take place here and a different outcome or precedent could be arrived at?

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Some of that could become irrelevant I guess, as it’s based on EU law, I am assuming a new court case for a English Manager would take place here and a different outcome or precedent could be arrived at?

The Courts love an opportunity to test the law and set a new precedent when original law becomes obsolete so it's a fair assumption that a case will take place in this country some time soon.

Archived