IGNORED

Sheff Utd v Chelsea McBurnie not wearing shin pads?

Never to the dark side

I hope someone breaks his leg. I’m sure he must have pads of some sort on but they must be about an inch high or something. Firstly he looks a right plonker as his legs are nearly 6 feet long, secondly he is setting a dangerous precedent (literally) & thirdly he is setting an unbelievably bad example to the kids. He should be reprimanded by both his club & the Premier League but it won’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m assuming the laws don’t state how big pads must be so it is all very subjective as to what is suitable or reasonable.

9 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I hope someone breaks his leg. I’m sure he must have pads of some sort on but they must be about an inch high or something. Firstly he looks a right plonker as his legs are nearly 6 feet long, secondly he is setting a dangerous precedent (literally) & thirdly he is setting an unbelievably bad example to the kids. He should be reprimanded by both his club & the Premier League but it won’t happen.

If you think a shin pad would stop the forces involved in breaking that part of a leg you are mistaken. Might stop superficial injury in that area. Also, saying “I hope someone breaks his leg” is such bad form 

3 minutes ago, CosmosUK said:

If you think a shin pad would stop the forces involved in breaking that part of a leg you are mistaken. Might stop superficial injury in that area. Also, saying “I hope someone breaks his leg” is such bad form 

I’m afraid I don’t agree. As the saying goes ‘you reap what you sow’ & he knows the risks of not wearing proper pads.

I think it’s basic physics to suggest that pads reduce the risk of serious leg impact injuries - a bit like helmets reduce the risks of head injuries. They are mandatory at all levels for a reason & yet we have a few players who seem to think they are above the law.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not sure why you would wish someone to have their legs broken whether they are wearing shin pads or not...

One high profile injury might stop hundreds of copy cat incidents. I’d rather it was the perpetrator than some relatively innocent kid.

12 minutes ago, Cardy said:

One high profile injury might stop hundreds of copy cat incidents. I’d rather it was the perpetrator than some relatively innocent kid.

Players should be wearing them and proper ones but still doesn’t mean I would wish anyone to have a broken leg to prove a point. 

8 hours ago, big dosser said:

i never wore shin pads until the refs started to pick up on it now i have kids shin pads like jack grelish makes i laugh when i see grown men looking like they got terminator legs and cant tackle for toffee

Didn't think Jack Grelish wore shin pads, cannot understand why the ref never picks him up over it, 

• Admin
28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Grealish wears shin pads every game. 

He certainly does, but they are miniscule

The midfielder doesn’t like rolling up his socks and explained how that’s unlikely to change throughout the remainder of his career due to superstitious reasons.

"Obviously your socks are supposed to go above your calves,” Grealish was quoted saying by Birmingham Live.

"But one year when I was here, the socks once shrunk in the wash. So they wouldn’t go higher.

"That season, I ended up playing really well. So it became a superstitious thing for me. I thought ‘I’m going to keep doing this because I’ve done well’."

There had previously been speculation that Grealish wore his socks so low after watching footage of Man Utd legend George Best, who would glide past defenders with his socks around his ankles.

But Grealish dismissed this, adding: "A lot of people say that it’s because of George Best. While I love him and admire so much what he did, that isn’t the reason."

You may also be wondering whether Grealish actually wears shin pads. After all, the Football Association’s Laws of the Game clearly state that shinguards are compulsory equipment.

He does, apparently, although they’re described as ‘teenage’ shin pads by a source close to the player.

Birmingham Live have been told the shin pads are between large child and small adult size.

He wears such small shinguards, according to the report, to help him move more freely as he finds the shin pads that go further up his leg to be restrictive.

Image result for jack grealish shin pads

Image result for mcburnie shin pads

2 hours ago, phantom said:

He certainly does, but they are miniscule

The midfielder doesn’t like rolling up his socks and explained how that’s unlikely to change throughout the remainder of his career due to superstitious reasons.

"Obviously your socks are supposed to go above your calves,” Grealish was quoted saying by Birmingham Live.

"But one year when I was here, the socks once shrunk in the wash. So they wouldn’t go higher.

"That season, I ended up playing really well. So it became a superstitious thing for me. I thought ‘I’m going to keep doing this because I’ve done well’."

There had previously been speculation that Grealish wore his socks so low after watching footage of Man Utd legend George Best, who would glide past defenders with his socks around his ankles.

But Grealish dismissed this, adding: "A lot of people say that it’s because of George Best. While I love him and admire so much what he did, that isn’t the reason."

You may also be wondering whether Grealish actually wears shin pads. After all, the Football Association’s Laws of the Game clearly state that shinguards are compulsory equipment.

He does, apparently, although they’re described as ‘teenage’ shin pads by a source close to the player.

Birmingham Live have been told the shin pads are between large child and small adult size.

He wears such small shinguards, according to the report, to help him move more freely as he finds the shin pads that go further up his leg to be restrictive.

Image result for jack grealish shin pads

Image result for mcburnie shin pads

Never understood how it's comfortable. Bugs the hell out of me if mine slip down like that, have to strap them tightly in place.

I don't think they'd do much to stop a broken leg maybe on some occasions, plenty of players have suffered leg breaks with pads as its usually opposing forces rather than direct impact (e.g. planted foot) that causes it. It would stop smaller injuries from being more serious though I'd imagine

Either way, wishing a broken leg on someone is a pretty sick idea.

30 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I have recently retired from years of Muay Thai, we condition our shins by rolling a rolling pin on them and striking wooden poles and trees, its unbelievable how you can build up resilience to injury with practice, resolve and a strong mind. More effective than a flimsy piece of plastic.

got to agree hated shin pads hence why i did not where them and when i did it was kids, never picked up 1 injury, lot older now but when i do play i still put the little ones shin pads on

Archived