IGNORED

Ehh-Lee-a-son scoring against Monaco

bristolcitysweden

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, you have a point in terms of his overall ability BUT would he have made a difference to US this season? Of course he would. His stats from last season, if nothing else, tell you that.

Just a hypothetical, always wondered about...

Weimann- or now with injuries Semenyo- wide right, Eliasson wide left- maybe one narrower, one wider. 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 with the right personnel in the centre.

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

List? In the last two years under Johnson and now Holden?  ...there won’t be many. 

Brownhill, Webster, Reid, Bryan, Dasilva, Bentley, Diedhiou. I’d argue we’ve got good bang for our buck on all of these relative to their ability. There will be more but that’s just a few examples. I’d also say that in terms of value for money we’ve got quite a lot out of Paterson considering his tendency to be inconsistent.

2 hours ago, Real Red said:

Playing in the French Farmers League with Nimes (birthplace of Denim) who look like they will be relegated the way it is going. I can understand him wanting to leave, he hardly started a game and was second best assister in the Championship behind that bloke from West Brom (Perreria?).  Not sure why he moved to Nimes though ??
Face masks available at www.otibclothing.co.uk

French Farmers League with PSG in 3rd, holding off Monaco- PSG in 3rd having lost 3-4 games already this season, Lyon who made the semi finals of the CL last season etc?

Fantastic Monaco side was developing a few years back too, making semis of CL, full of goals...before the inevitable sell-off and dismantling.

Don't think it's as bad as it gets derided as but in terms of the big 5 Leagues in Europe, it's definitely 5th.

EDIT: My guess for PSG League losses was wrong- not 3-4, no- 5!

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Think it speaks volumes that the only club willing to take a serious punt on him are rock bottom of Ligue One and 8 points away from getting out of the relegation zone personally 

Think it speaks volumes that he could step up a level and continue to perform? I agree, he almost certainly would've been huge for us if he'd played more regularly.

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Think it speaks volumes that he could step up a level and continue to perform? I agree, he almost certainly would've been huge for us if he'd played more regularly.

I wouldn’t call it a step up tbh. They’ve only recently come out of Ligue 2, on course to finish bottom, Smaller ground, struggled to get going there. If he’s able to jump ship to another club in the summer maybe it was a good stepping stone. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I wouldn’t call it a step up tbh. They’ve only recently come out of Ligue 2, on course to finish bottom, Smaller ground, struggled to get going there. If he’s able to jump ship to another club in the summer maybe it was a good stepping stone. 

Fair enough. I would, the league as a whole is to a higher standard than the championship and as you say would probably be a good stepping stone. Put yourself in his shoes, sit on the bench for a mid table championship team and probably have few options when your contract expires, or move to a stronger league where minutes are guaranteed? 

Archived