IGNORED

OSIB podcast.

Bassomylord

Tried this for the first time today.....absolutely dreadful.

First im subjected to a shamless gambling plug, then a Facebook group and then they start talking about Cricket? Are the presenters serious or trying to take the piss with their comments.....I couldn't work out if it was a failed comedy sketch or a genuine serious BCFC podcast. Toilet and phone jokes? Sorry. Terrible.

All 3 of those on the podcast don't seem to know anything about football tactics Bristol City or anything football related.

The one by Headhunter I think is better.....they actually talk about football tactics and the club....straight forward Bristol City talk. Not faultless.

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 8

4 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

First im subjected to a shamless gambling plug, then a Facebook group and then they start talking about Cricket? Are the presenters serious or trying to take the piss with their comments.....I couldn't work out if it was a failed comedy sketch or a genuine serious BCFC podcast. Toilet and phone jokes? Sorry. Terrible.

All 3 of those on the podcast don't seem to know anything about football tactics Bristol City or anything football related.

The one by Headhunter I think is better.....they actually talk about football tactics and the club....straight forward Bristol City talk. Not faultless.

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

There was a lot of debate surrounding this when they first were offered the money by Mansion Bet to do the ads. But because you've not listened, or I take it read the threads from Stan on here you obviously missed it. The facebook group I take it is for the people who listen most weeks & also contribute on there.

Don't write it off based on one episode, they start with random chat every week. 

The 'Cider With' episodes are great and well worth a listen. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

Let’s see you do better then. The boys have produced some cracking shows and their ‘Ciders with’ series have been great listens. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

Is this @Lez again? The apparent scholar who went to Magdalen College and continued to misspell its name on a number posts. He also slated everyone on @headhunter's podcast, only to appear on it and sounded a little doltish. 

For what it's worth, I enjoy OSIB and listen most weeks. A balance between humour and debate is important, particularly at the moment with the performances on the pitch being woeful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

To be fair this was a particularly poor OSIB episode and not demonstrable of the quality normally put out.

@Shtanley and @petehinton do a brilliant job with it and normally get the balance of views, the feeling of the supporters and the amount of humour about right. 

Don’t let this one put you off, listen to the one before which was superb or some of the Cider Withs which are excellent. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Yeah it drives me mad when something which is free with optional attendance isn't up to the standards I expect (when I haven't made any effort to help improve it). 

Nice and positive. 

Sponsored by Mansionbet is it an official podcast? If so it needs improving massively. Compare it to Watford Post chalk and cheese 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

To be fair this was a particularly poor OSIB episode and not demonstrable of the quality normally put out.

@Shtanley and @petehinton do a brilliant job with it and normally get the balance of views, the feeling of the supporters and the amount of humour about right. 

Don’t let this one put you off, listen to the one before which was superb or some of the Cider Withs which are excellent. 

I will keep an eye on the cider withs an honest account. 

17 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

Why would you take the time out of your day to post this? 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Haha class tbf, this could be my favourite feedback ever, that’s it the next episode will just be 59 minutes of continuous screaming ending on an additional 2 minutes talking about how Pat Lam should take over as head coach

Are you one of the contributors? I would much rather honest passionate debate than cheap unfunny comedy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Is this @Lez again? The apparent scholar who went to Magdalen College and continued to misspell its name on a number posts. He also slated everyone on @headhunter's podcast, only to appear on it and sounded a little doltish. 

For what it's worth, I enjoy OSIB and listen most weeks. A balance between humour and debate is important, particularly at the moment with the performances on the pitch being woeful. 

Yes, I think Lez was credible on FBC when he appeared in the earlier episodes.

People can be very different behind a keyboard.

• Like 1

Just now, petehinton said:

Happy to chat privately in DM if any constructive criticism lad!

1. No gambling plugs

2. Talk about football

3. Have honest debate 

4. A bit of research.

Maybe as the other poster said it was a bad day at the office. But if it is sponsored by Mansion Bet then is it an official podcast? If so should be much better.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yes, I think Lez was credible on FBC when he appeared in the earlier episodes.

People can be very different behind a keyboard.

As I have had this link drawn to be before I am not Lez and you can check my IP address I have also been called Simon Parker and have no idea who that is either.

7 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Sponsored by Mansionbet is it an official podcast? If so it needs improving massively. Compare it to Watford Post chalk and cheese 

The official podcast is the Robins Nest hosted by 'Downsy'. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/listen-to-the-new-robins-nest-podcast/ that might be more to your taste. 

OSIB was to my knowledge the first fan run City podcast and is a great listen, Stan and the team have done an amazing job since the beginning and certainly don't begrudge them having a gambling sponsor which helps the podcast and allows giveaways etc. Try a few others and see what you think, I much prefer this style of Podcast and the types of discussion than other more dry and serious ones but each to their own. 

A few years ago there were no podcasts about the club now there is: 

• Forever Bristol City Podcast as seen on these forums
  • BS3 Talk podcast
  • robinsatthegate Podcast with Michelle Owen and Gregor McGregor (although they are also sponsored by MansionBet!) 
  • 3 Peaps In A PodCast

Not bad for free and considering the amount of work that goes into each episode most people are very grateful to have the choice. Its great to have constructive feedback as Stan always asks for on various social media channels but to come on and call it garbage isn't very helpful. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, !james said:

The official podcast is the Robins Nest hosted by 'Downsy'. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/listen-to-the-new-robins-nest-podcast/ that might be more to your taste. 

OSIB was to my knowledge the first fan run City podcast and is a great listen, Stan and the team have done an amazing job since the beginning and certainly don't begrudge them having a gambling sponsor which helps the podcast and allows giveaways etc. Try a few others and see what you think, I much prefer this style of Podcast and the types of discussion than other more dry and serious ones but each to their own. 

A few years ago there were no podcasts about the club now there is: 

• Forever Bristol City Podcast as seen on these forums
  • BS3 Talk podcast
  • robinsatthegate Podcast with Michelle Owen and Gregor McGregor (although they are also sponsored by MansionBet!) 
  • 3 Peaps In A PodCast

Not bad for free and considering the amount of work that goes into each episode most people are very grateful to have the choice. Its great to have constructive feedback as Stan always asks for on various social media channels but to come on and call it garbage isn't very helpful. 

Ok makes sense.

Edited by Bassomylord

20 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

It’s not an ‘official’ club one which is one of the reasons it’s good!

Sounds like OSIB won’t appeal to what you are looking for anyway and you’d be better off with FBC or Robins on the Wire if that’s even still going. 

6 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

1. No gambling plugs

2. Talk about football

3. Have honest debate 

4. A bit of research.

Maybe as the other poster said it was a bad day at the office. But if it is sponsored by Mansion Bet then is it an official podcast? If so should be much better.

So they shouldn't take financial support to help them support the podcast? If it wasn't the clubs sponsor would it be so much of an issue? To me it comes across as the club's sponsor helping to support a fan initiative for the fans, and as such with any form of sponsorship recognition for the sponsor.

Haven't listened to the particular episode in question but having listened to a lot I don't think you can criticise the research, especially when it comes to 'A cider with' episodes as a lot of research has gone into them. They haven't been afraid to criticise the club either which would fall under honest.

Its not for everyone perhaps, but to come on trashing it the way you have when you've only listened to one episode is incredibly poor. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

1. No gambling plugs

2. Talk about football

3. Have honest debate 

4. A bit of research.

The fact that OSIB is amateurish is its greatest appeal. 

As I’ve said this episode was poor by their standards but the irrelevant discussion, piss taking and occasional chat about the football is what makes it brilliant.

I think perhaps you’d enjoy Robins Nest more if that’s what you after; which I cannot stand by the way. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Haha class tbf, this could be my favourite feedback ever, that’s it the next episode will just be 59 minutes of continuous screaming ending on an additional 2 minutes talking about how Pat Lam should take over as head coach

Make it 60 minutes of screaming “BASSOOOOOOOO MYYYYYY LOOOORD” please ?

24 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Are you one of the contributors? I would much rather honest passionate debate than cheap unfunny comedy.

‘Honest passionate debate’. How honest we talking? The Wurzels ploughing the fields while chatting about City honest enough? 

17 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

1. No gambling plugs

2. Talk about football

3. Have honest debate 

4. A bit of research.

1) Gambling plugs: fund the operation and it’s only been this season they’ve had ANY sponsorship. Why begrudge them that? If they were sponsored by Thatcher’s would it still bother you?!? 

2) They talk about football you numbnut. So what if it goes off on a tangent...if you don’t like it, move along.

3) Define ‘honest debate’. They tend to debate a bit on OSIB, and they bring up their opinions. If that’s not enough for you then may I suggest obtaining a spherical, orbiting celestial body upon a pole?

4) A bit of research. Really? What facts have they bodged up? Do tell.

And finally: if something’s sponsored (by the shirt sponsor)  it doesn’t mean it’s City’s ‘official podcast’. Maybe if Steve was the benefactor it might have come under the umbrella. 

Edited by Basil Fawlty
  • Like 3

@Bassomylord sounds like you would be right at home on Forever Bristol City, they like a good moan as well, which before people jump on me, I don't actually mind. Enjoy both tbf. So to come on here with your hyperbole suggests far to high an opinion of your own self importance.

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

1. No gambling plugs When this was introduced this season @Shtanley and the guys did canvas the opinion of the patreon supporters - who actually donate £3 a month to support the pod. There was a good discussion around it and in the end they went through with it as the cash helps them produce it. Personally I was against it, but it's not my podcast so up to them. I skip over the advert at the start and listen from then on.

2. Talk about football They openly agree that they don't stick to pure analysis.

3. Have honest debate This week did have three people who have similar views. IMO it is a little more combative when Rob or Josh are on. Dave, Pete and Stan often walk a similar line and have similar opinions. However, to counter that - what is the alternative view of the Cardiff game other than "utter shite"?

4. A bit of research. I would actually agree with this to some extent. As a long-time listener from episode one it does wrankle a little when one of the boys states a stat that's wrong or says some thing like "I've not got the stats but I think it's something like X". My honest feedback is if you're going to chat about that sort of stuff then have some stats to hand.

Maybe as the other poster said it was a bad day at the office. But if it is sponsored by Mansion Bet then is it an official podcast? It is not an official podcast. Two entities can share a sponsor without them being co-dependent. If so should be much better. It is better than the "Robin's Nest".

You probably chose the worst episode you could have chosen for your first listen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You probably chose the worst episode you could have chosen for your first listen.

Out of likes mate but agree and was thinking the same. It was one of the worst for months, not quite the worst but not far off.

Its normally a lot, lot better than that and if they’d listened to last weeks maybe they’d have a different view, or maybe FBC might be more their thing. 

• Like 1