IGNORED

OSIB podcast.

Bassomylord

56 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Yeah it drives me mad when something which is free with optional attendance isn't up to the standards I expect (when I haven't made any effort to help improve it). 

Nice and positive. 

It my reminds of this Ricky Gervais sketch:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think it's class. OSIB's definately my favourite of the city podcasts.

I've always thought podcasts are fairly intimate forms of entertainment, if you regularly listen to one you undoubtedly feel like you know the people on it - which is why they can be a bit chalk and cheese to most. It could also be a generational thing, I think OSIB probably appeals to the younger fan more so than the others (as a sweeping generalisation)

Edited by underhanded

7 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

An honest evaluation. I really like listening to Ian on the couple of times I've heard the other podcast. Honest strsiggt to the point and knowledgeable. Is he on here?

I've never tried FBC (or BS3 Talk). I already have about 6-7 hours of podcasts that I listen to a week and just can't really be arsed to listen to another hour of Bristol City based moaning. The 'live' aspect of FBC doesn't appeal to me at all as I do other stuff after games finish. I like OSIB and have supported it by listening, contributing and donating from day 1 so personally am happy listening to just that.

Simultaneously OSIB shouldn't be beyond (constructive) criticism and development.

For example I've always thought that more than an hour is too long and does demonstrate that there's a little too much waffle and jokes. But then again we're on episode 141 so obviously it works for people.

Edited by ExiledAjax

I can see why, if you're just jumping in fresh without knowing any of the guys, or the style of podcast, then I can understand why you might get that impression from this episode tbh.

I thought it was hilarious and sums up a lot of thoughts about our club at the moment.  The guys nailed the "distracted, 'do we really have to do this?'" vibe perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Tried this for the first time today.....absolutely dreadful.

First im subjected to a shamless gambling plug, then a Facebook group and then they start talking about Cricket? Are the presenters serious or trying to take the piss with their comments.....I couldn't work out if it was a failed comedy sketch or a genuine serious BCFC podcast. Toilet and phone jokes? Sorry. Terrible.

All 3 of those on the podcast don't seem to know anything about football tactics Bristol City or anything football related.

The one by Headhunter I think is better.....they actually talk about football tactics and the club....straight forward Bristol City talk. Not faultless.

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

I listened today too, I think you should take into account they were all pretty pissed off after watching the shite served up on Saturday afternoon. This podcast and BS3 Talk are usually a good listen. 

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

First im subjected to a shamless gambling plug, then a Facebook group and then they start talking about Cricket? Are the presenters serious or trying to take the piss with their comments.....I couldn't work out if it was a failed comedy sketch or a genuine serious BCFC podcast. Toilet and phone jokes? Sorry. Terrible.

All 3 of those on the podcast don't seem to know anything about football tactics Bristol City or anything football related.

The one by Headhunter I think is better.....they actually talk about football tactics and the club....straight forward Bristol City talk. Not faultless.

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

What a ***tish post, to out of the blue have a go at people putting something together off their own backs which you can choose to listen to or not. Presume you’ll be setting something up in competition to the team that put this together then, given how awful you think OSIB is. Surely you can do better?  No?  Thought not. Probably wise as well given the nonsense you post on here most of the time. Get a grip. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

What a ***tish post, to out of the blue have a go at people putting something together off their own backs which you can choose to listen to or not. Presume you’ll be setting something up in competition to the team that put this together then, given how awful you think OSIB is. Surely you can do better?  No?  Thought not. Probably wise as well given the nonsense you post on here most of the time. Get a grip. 

Please re read your last 3 words. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Please re read your last 3 words. Thanks.

I’m fine thanks, I’m not the sad person indiscriminately and publicly having a go at folk who are getting off their backsides trying to put together something positive for the City fan base - for free as well. Something which as has been pointed out you do not need to listen to. What a sad thing to do. But I’ll stop feeding the troll now.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, underhanded said:

I think it's class. OSIB's definately my favourite of the city podcasts.

I've always thought podcasts are fairly intimate forms of entertainment, if you regularly listen to one you undoubtedly feel like you know the people on it - which is why they can be a bit chalk and cheese to most. It could also be a generational thing, I think OSIB probably appeals to the younger fan more so than the others (as a sweeping generalisation)

yes, that is a bit…:dancing2:

Edited by exAtyeoMax

Absolutely love the OSIB podcast, usually much better than the football we have to put up with TBH.
Yeah, there are some episodes that are better than others, but the banter’s fantastic, the guys are usually spot on with their analysis and it’s a bloody good listen. Would love the bloke to go on the podcast and be 1. Interesting 2. Entertaining 3. Able to give and take banter 4. And probably most importantly, not come over as a complete knob head. But given that he’s self assured enough to put his fingers to keyboard after his first listen, think that he may struggle to fulfil the criteria. 
But it would be a laugh watching him try though. Special Episode in the offing. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Absolutely love the OSIB podcast, usually much better than the football we have to put up with TBH.
Yeah, there are some episodes that are better than others, but the banter’s fantastic, the guys are usually spot on with their analysis and it’s a bloody good listen. Would love the bloke to go on the podcast and be 1. Interesting 2. Entertaining 3. Able to give and take banter 4. And probably most importantly, not come over as a complete knob head. But given that he’s self assured enough to put his fingers to keyboard after his first listen, think that he may struggle to fulfil the criteria. 

I dont charge much.

11 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

A Cider With @Bassomylord perhaps? ?

I also listened today and I thought it was good as always, I agree with the ‘in’ bit as previously mentioned by someone. 

I do have some feedback though...

@Shtanley stop saying infamous when you mean famous! Infamous is famous for bad reasons!

The greatest ever OSIB content was in the last but one episode “Cod Sanwiches”. If you didn’t listen then get yourself to 26m 30s and listen to the Callum ODowda section that lasts for about two minutes. Genuinely hilarious! “That’s a shame!” “Three times out of ten!”.

I think the OSIB podcast is brilliant. 

On a separate note, I had time to kill today and so I needed some more content. I randomly chose #28 the outside episode - with the birds cheeping in the background. Loved it. And interestingly I think @petehintoncoined the phrase “dear listeners” that Stan uses so often nowadays. It was the review of the 5-5 with Hull it was interesting to listen back to analysis of Fam from way back then!

FWIW I had my first listen to FBC yesterday... thought it was quite good, although perhaps it was less like a podcast and more like a radio phone in - that’s not necessarily a criticism because I think it’s presenter ( @headhunter is that you?) is very very credible, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a history in radio, but it was a bit less chatty a more led by him. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

Both good productions, but everyone has their preference, I suspect OSIB appeals to a younger demographic (or possibly more immature (I’m 40!) than FBC. 

• Like 4

All the Podcasts offer something a little different, but in my opinion OSIB is the standout by a country mile. Irreverent, not too moany and consistent in its views.

I even found the initial 'lockdown' episode listenable, and still giggle at whenever I hear Sloths mentioned these days!

FBC is like listening to your dad and his mates debating football (I'm not young btw) and seems to swing wildly in opinion of players and team depending on the last performance, whatever that may be.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

FWIW I had my first listen to FBC yesterday... thought it was quite good, although perhaps it was less like a podcast and more like a radio phone in - that’s not necessarily a criticism because I think it’s presenter ( @headhunter is that you?) is very very credible, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a history in radio, but it was a bit less chatty a more led by him. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

Both good productions, but everyone has their preference, I suspect OSIB appeals to a younger demographic (or possibly more immature (I’m 40!) than FBC. 

:facepalm: I'm 52 :sub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Sorry. Absolute garbage.

Thankyou Mark Ashton .................. good to know you listen.  As others have said it reflects perfectly the spirit (or lack of) of the club at present.  Its quite simple - if you dont like it dont download it.  SIMPLES. Bye Mark 

I enjoy all people’s opinions City related whether agree with them or not, especially since lockdown and not being able to get to the ground at the minute. At least it gives some outlet to share the misery or enjoy the better(?!!!) bits of following City.

Have to say, fair play to @Shtanley for his Cider withs... They were excellent, and as good if not better than you get from established broadcasters in terms of the content that @Shtanley  managed to draw out of the interviewee. 

I also like the contrast in styles of FBC and OSIB. I’m 62 but enjoy both. I’ll have to try the other podcasts. All power to people prepared to share their time in creating something about our club that we can watch, read or listen to. 

One thing, as I’m in that older bracket (!!!) now, I’d love there to be some spotlight on City past particularly circa, mid 1960’s (when i started following the City) to mid 80’s. I reckon there would be some great stories to tell from some of the older City players contrasting what it was like being a footballer then compared to now, etc.  

3 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Have to say, fair play to @Shtanley for his Cider withs

I honestly think the "Cider Withs..." should be offered to the Club for archiving. They're genuine, interesting records of the views and experiences of some truly important, and varied, people associated with the Club over the past few decades. In 50 years' time they'd be fascinating to any Bristol City historians.

@Shtanley 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I honestly think the "Cider Withs..." should be offered to the Club for archiving. They're genuine, interesting records of the views and experiences of some truly important, and varied, people associated with the Club over the past few decades. In 50 years' time they'd be fascinating to any Bristol City historians.

@Shtanley 

Absolutely, I think the fact that they seemed more relaxed and informal interviews gave the whole thing a more of a “chat down the pub” feel, it felt a more open discussion that might not have come from the normal media outlets, as naturally the interviewee often feels a bit more guarded.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Shtanley 

Brilliant weren’t they?

Also worth FBC too:

• Bobby Gould 
  • Geoff Twentyman
  • Steve Scott 
  • Like 2

OSIB is very good, similar style to the Peter Crouch podcast. ‘Cider with..’ series is a masterclass of letting the guest just speak and tell their stories. The guests seem much more relaxed without a camera in their face.

I listened to one episode of FBC. It was a bit chaotic and stifled, as it had too many guests. Admittedly it was a early episode and I’m sure it’s improved. I can’t listen to it due to Ian being on there. He was a belter on here and he’s a belter on Twitter. Amusing to see him constantly tweets the club/local journalists with his line ups and being ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2