IGNORED

A LETTER TO SUPPORTERS FROM JON LANSDOWN. (PLEASE)

marmite

Come on Jon. You are the chairman. Lets us know the clubs thinking on Covid, recruitment, season tickets, injuries, on and off field situation, and anything that might help the endless debates on this forum which go round and round, getting nowhere. You are the man to put us straight. Are you really happy with the "progress" under DH and his coaches. If you read or are aware of this forum you will know there is much discontent atm. Come out of hiding and do your job and stop treating us like mushrooms. There are lots of s/t holders who are unsure which way they will go next season. Some guidance from the top would/might help.

19 minutes ago, marmite said:

Come on Jon. You are the chairman. Lets us know the clubs thinking on Covid, recruitment, season tickets, injuries, on and off field situation, and anything that might help the endless debates on this forum which go round and round, getting nowhere. You are the man to put us straight. Are you really happy with the "progress" under DH and his coaches. If you read or are aware of this forum you will know there is much discontent atm. Come out of hiding and do your job and stop treating us like mushrooms. There are lots of s/t holders who are unsure which way they will go next season. Some guidance from the top would/might help.

MA did say the other week that STs probably wouldn't be on sale until the summer at least.

27 minutes ago, marmite said:

Whats the point? Anything MA, JL, SL, DH, etc says gets ripped apart on here, twitter, etc anyway.

He’s not going to give any update on DH or the form. Even if he’s wavering in his support, he would say “we’ve had lots of injuries and Dean has worked hard under these circumstances.”

I feel the only time we’d get a meaningful JL interview in the near future, would be if the decision was made to sack Dean.

Hopefully JL will be speaking by this time next week.

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s not going to give any update on DH or the form. Even if he’s wavering in his support, he would say “we’ve had lots of injuries and Dean has worked hard under these circumstances.”

I feel the only time we’d get a meaningful JL interview in the near future, would be if the decision was made to sack Dean.

Hopefully JL will be speaking by this time next week.

Don’t hold your breath.

It's a chairmans role to communicate effectively with all stakeholders in any business, football shouldn't be any different.

I'd say season ticket supporters are important stakeholders, so yes he should be explaining strategy, progress, issues and actions. It shouldn't be difficult.

• Admin
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

It's not quite time for S/T renewals or the unveiling of the new strip,that's the only thing he seems any use for !

Only 12 days compared to last season

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/202021-season-card-renewals-information/

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Whats the point? Anything MA, JL, SL, DH, etc says gets ripped apart on here, twitter, etc anyway.

I wonder why that may be?

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Give him time. He hasn’t quite got joined up writing yet , bless him.

3 hours ago, marmite said:

That’s actually a perfectly reasonable post that I hope JL reads - whether we get a response is unlikely tho as the hierarchy at AG take little or any notice of otib posters.

We had a thread recently on that very topic.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s actually a perfectly reasonable post that I hope JL reads - whether we get a response is unlikely tho as the hierarchy at AG take little or any notice of otib posters.

I'd disagree 

The club often respond to posts on here, but they'd never openly quote the site as the source

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s about putting it to them in a constructive manner.  I’ve had a few twitter DMs from Dave Barton this season, one just the other night about lack of academy stuff on website, broken links etc.

Looks like he listened! ?

I gave him feedback on Robinstv last season post lockdown, that Toby needed a pro alongside him, and he had received similar feedback from others, and they acted on it.

Seriously though it looks like it was in plan to improve Academy content....in which case, perhaps tell us the plan.

But if you tweet JL or whoever in a knobbish way, don’t expect a reply.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Do they?      :cool2:

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen such a response.

Funnily enough I was watching DH's pre match interview today and, when he said the fans are angry after the Cardiff game, I literally thought to myself  - he must have looked on OTIB.

If he wants to sleep at night I hope he doesn't.   But Ashton and Lansdown don't deserve any sleep putting us thought the endless tripe.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s about putting it to them in a constructive manner.  I’ve had a few twitter DMs from Dave Barton this season, one just the other night about lack of academy stuff on website, broken links etc.

Looks like he listened! ?

I gave him feedback on Robinstv last season post lockdown, that Toby needed a pro alongside him, and he had received similar feedback from others, and they acted on it.

Seriously though it looks like it was in plan to improve Academy content....in which case, perhaps tell us the plan.

But if you tweet JL or whoever in a knobbish way, don’t expect a reply.

Twitter is something else again, speak to people in a polite and constructive way.

Same with Instagram 

Archived