IGNORED

Wilbs

Hampshire Red

Very funny indeed. 

Johnson's Brentisms will never wash with a northern working class fan base. Hes the 'southern fairy' they all love to hate. 

Johnson lasted as long as he did I believe because our mostly middle class fanbase tolerated his management spiel. He had and still has his disciples right till the end.

As one eloquent mackem has so accurate described, all fart and no shite. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Very funny indeed. 

Johnson's Brentisms will never wash with a northern working class fan base. Hes the 'southern fairy' they all love to hate. 

Johnson lasted as long as he did I believe because our mostly middle class fanbase tolerated his management spiel. He had and still has his disciples right till the end.

Is that correct? Dunno about that. Though football has become a lot more middle class in the past 20-30 years perhaps.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is that correct? Dunno about that. Though football has become a lot more middle class in the past 20-30 years perhaps.

It may be correct but not convinced it’s why Lee Johnson lasted for as long as he did. That was probably down to consistently improving our league position and helping the club solidify itself as a top half championship club. 

7 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Very funny indeed. 

That was my favourite :banana:

9 hours ago, Highburnred said:

johnny kayo

Winger
His wanky management speak is starting to wear thin and isn’t disguising the fact he hasn’t improved us one bit, about time he started getting a run of decent results instead of spouting this POMO/USP/clusterbuck corridor bollocks all the time

??

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

Lee Johnson blames: travelling and individual errors for the loss. Some things never change. Also says players need to bring their USP to every game. Deary me

How can someone be so out of touch with the fanbase he is effectively representing? The auto's have probably gone for them after last night (ten point gap now) and yet again they face a scrap to get to the play offs........and then he goes and publically asks players to bring their USP to the game. If I was Chairman of that club I would have interrupted the interview and handed him his P45 on the spot............as the legendary Manager Darryl famously once said "Print that Bastard". You can see already how it's all going to end with Billy the Bullshitter yet we have fans on here, because they are so miserable, angry and immature, pretty much PRAYING that Johnson gets them promoted and then slaughters us out of sight next season so they can proudly announce "told you so".

We really have got a minority of total shithouses supporting us...........

Yep. It's still way too early for him to have identified our core competencies. Needs to be given time to maximise our POMO optimisation strategy, identify our key deliverables and establish the knowledge base that will enable us to be proactive rather than reactive when pushing the envelope.

I was joking when I posted this at the weekend......

I think they get him.

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Hats off to Wilbs. Didn't think I could like the bloke much more but he's won all 4 games in Cotts' absence, getting one over Swindon and Johnson jr in the process. If Shrewsbury beat the gAss in a couple of weeks that'll be some hat trick for him! 

He hasn't won all, they've lost 2 in the league & 1 in the cup. But he's still done a brilliant job & wouldn't have expected to be managing a side this early into his career!

I am surprised about the attention Johnson and Cotterill seem to be getting this season. I don’t recall Cotterill getting much attention on here when at Birmingham briefly.

I can only imagine it’s frustration at our club for, effectively, a continuation of LJ’s regime in Holden’s appointment and another ‘project’ when we probably needed an established and experienced manager (more in the Cotterill mould). 

10 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Very funny indeed. 

He lasted long because the owner tolerated his bs. Nothing to do with the fans. Our owner doesn't really care what we think and has said so many times.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

He hasn't won all, they've lost 2 in the league & 1 in the cup. But he's still done a brilliant job & wouldn't have expected to be managing a side this early into his career!

Yes, apologies. My enthusiasm for the man got the better of me. 

Won 3 of the 5 league games since Cotts taken ill. 

But lost 1-0 at home to Crewe. Rubbish! Wilbs Out! Send for the bedsheets!  ?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I am surprised about the attention Johnson and Cotterill seem to be getting this season. I don’t recall Cotterill getting much attention on here when at Birmingham briefly.

I can only imagine it’s frustration at our club for, effectively, a continuation of LJ’s regime in Holden’s appointment and another ‘project’ when we probably needed an established and experienced manager (more in the Cotterill mould). 

It is exactly this. In any relationship when times are bad you look back on past ones for either comparison, reassurance or to work out “what could/should have been”.

The attention and focus around SC and LJ is understandable as all of us our processing how we are where we are, and the ineptitude of the club to offer any tangible progression with the appointment of Johnson after Cotterill, and especially Holden after Johnson.

It stands to reason, that if the club had appointed in the summer, with imagination, reason, and backed up the words they spouted, we would not be having this level of interest in out past managers - both of which incidentally - had to go when they did, unfortunately Cotts burnt bridges and played his hand all wrong and LJ should have gone with a big pat on the back, reputation intact about 18 months earlier than he did.

We have stood still, and even regressed, so no wonder we are looking backwards.

8 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It may be correct but not convinced it’s why Lee Johnson lasted for as long as he did. That was probably down to consistently improving our league position and helping the club solidify itself as a top half championship club. 

Of course, it was more of a comment in jest. Johnson is a capable manager no doubt but he's so horribly mismatched at Sunderland he's got no hope. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

He lasted long because the owner tolerated his bs. Nothing to do with the fans. Our owner doesn't really care what we think and has said so many times.

Fair point about Lansdown but I think a lot of our fans did buy into his management speak. You'd often see posts praising Johnson for the way he spoke and how 'modern' a coach he was. He certainly had his fans here.

Archived