IGNORED

The Enemy of Football...this guy? "Sports Lawyer NDM"

Mr Popodopolous

Not Mourinho. Though he was labelled one over Anders Frisk.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/nick-de-marco/

This *****...even the name "Blackstone" makes you wonder. Just look at his cases- side of the angels he ain't.

Anyway he stopped the Salary Cap today- feel free to merge but this guy, An Enemy of Football.

I suspect he doesn't so much like the Sport as what he can gain from the Sport.

Along with Agents, people like this typify a lot of the more negative aspects of the Game today?

Without using technical terms, he strikes me as a slimeball.

• The title was changed to The Enemy of Football...this guy? "Sports Lawyer NDM"

I don't like him in terms of his cases he represents.

Also think the Salary Cap was for the Greater Good- maybe I'm simplifying but looking down his list...well we've all got to have representation by someone but can't abide him, on the face of it anyway.

If clubs are somewhat hamstrung to ****** let's say by Covid and they were already badly run, a Salary Cap seems okay- for a while anyway IMO.

This case has its good and bad points, but a Bellend of a fairly high order- this guy. If only there was a way to bar him from football...

As for the Players, with due respect- if ever an Industry needed a reality check as a whole post Covid, a shake-up- it's this one. Gordon Taylor is well past his Sell by date too.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't like him in terms of his cases he represents.

Also think the Salary Cap was for the Greater Good- maybe I'm simplifying but looking down his list...well we've all got to have representation by someone but can't abide him, on the face of it anyway.

If clubs are somewhat hamstrung to ****** let's say by Covid and they were already badly run, a Salary Cap seems okay- for a while anyway IMO.

This case has its good and bad points, but a Bellend of a fairly high order- this guy. If only there was a way to bar him from footballl...

As for the Players, if ever an Industry needed a reality check as a whole post Covid, a shakedown- it's this one. Gordon Taylor is well past his Sell by date 

If he wasn’t instructed by the solicitors then another barrister would be. He’s professionally obliged to accept the case if it’s in his practice area, his diary is free, and he’s being paid the going rate.

Has he done something to you to get your goat?! It’s a weird hill to die on, public criticism of a sports barrister. Peak OTIB! 

34 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

If he wasn’t instructed by the solicitors then another barrister would be. He’s professionally obliged to accept the case if it’s in his practice area, his diary is free, and he’s being paid the going rate.

Has he done something to you to get your goat?! It’s a weird hill to die on, public criticism of a sports barrister. Peak OTIB! 

Seems to take a disproportionate number of cases representing Bellends IMO.

It's a mark of the man I think, shows what a contemptible character he is. Willing to bat for both sides...

Represented PFA in this case vs the EFL but in effect, Derby vs the PFA for Keogh. Won't use words to sum him up but batting for both sides in different cases...I really have to bite my tongue a bit.

Just looking through that list though...hmm.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems to take a disproportionate number of cases representing Bellends IMO.

It's a mark of the man I think, shows what a contemptible character he is. Willing to bat for both sides...

Represented PFA in this case vs the EFL but in effect, Derby vs the PFA for Keogh. Won't use words to sum him up but batting for both sides in different cases...I really have to bite my tongue a bit.

Just looking through that list though...hmm.

That’s the life of a Barrister 

As in criminal cases , one day prosecuting Murderer X , next week defending Murder Y

All Barristers Incl QCs do prosecution and defence work

It’s a job , and they work for who instructs them

images.jpg

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Indeed. It's known as the cab-rank rule. 

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not Mourinho. Though he was labelled one over Anders Frisk.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/nick-de-marco/

This *****...even the name "Blackstone" makes you wonder. Just look at his cases- side of the angels he ain't.

Anyway he stopped the Salary Cap today- feel free to merge but this guy, An Enemy of Football.

I suspect he doesn't so much like the Sport as what he can gain from the Sport.

Along with Agents, people like this typify a lot of the more negative aspects of the Game today?

Without using technical terms, he strikes me as a slimeball.

The strange thing is though is that none of the owners and administrators of football clubs have the balls to do the right and proper thing unless they are handed the ready made excuse of being able to HIDE BEHIND LEGISLATION. The PFA cannot stop you as a club introducing your own salary cap. If Steve Lansdown says "I'm not paying anyone more than £12K per week under any circumstances" then that's that isn't it? Of course it means we'll be shopping in Primark for players rather than Fortnum and Mason as we currently do (yes, I am completely taking the piss) but there is literally nothing Gordon Taylor, the Agents, Nick De Marco and anyone else could do about it. If you, as a club, don't want to pay £16K per week wages YOU DON'T HAVE TO. All you need is a significant number of clubs to gang together on this and you have a salary cap in effect. The problem being there is always likely to be one or two toe rags who sign up and do the dirty on everyone else...............it's football.

But my point is that football, if it really wanted to, could legislate itself without the need for written legislation to hide behind. People need to stop fretting about the Premiership.......for a club like us it's a one season, two seasons maximum, wonder and let's face it we are more likely to end up like Huddersfield than West Brom. The problem is we don't have an Owner and a Board of Directors with either the skills or honesty required to give us a REALISTIC SELL. Instead we are told "top 6, top 6, we're aiming to finish top 6" and all it actually does is give them a zero credibility rating with people who possess the ability to think and judge for themselves. A more cynical person than me would question the truthfulness of what they say. When it comes to the football side of things none of them have a single ounce of credibility in my eyes and until we change this "top 6" bullshit that is preached every season into something more achievable that will not change..

13 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

He wasn’t instructed by agents, foreign chairman or the tv companies, but by the PFA. In other words, he represented  every one of the players in City’s squad- the ones we cheer on every week.

Do you really think the PFA represent that majority of professional footballers or just a few at the top who earn the same as Taylor

In this instance the PFA was specifically representing players in the EFL, including the Championship, as these were the ones affected by/ and opposed to the proposed salary

46 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Do you really think the PFA represent that majority of professional footballers or just a few at the top who earn the same as Taylor

46 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

cap.

Matt Hughes on this guy in his Ahead Of The Game.

Fair assessment and bit kind tbh.

Might also add interested to see he was on the Panel against Macclesfield for non Payment of wages last summer, while representing Stevenage in a separate case.

Yet if Derby and Sheffield Wednesday get charged with late payment of wages he'll be representing them I'm sure.

Scumbag.

Wonder if Macclesfield fans are aware. They sure should be.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Matt Hughes on this guy in his Ahead Of The Game.

Fair assessment and bit kind tbh.

Might also add interested to see he was on the Panel against Macclesfield for non Payment of wages last summer, while representing Stevenage in a separate case.

Yet if Derby and Sheffield Wednesday get charged with late payment of wages he'll be representing them I'm sure.

Scumbag.

You’re still ignoring the point that he’s employed to present an argument, rather than actually believing it personally?

55 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You’re still ignoring the point that he’s employed to present an argument, rather than actually believing it personally?

I'm not sure I buy it. It's possible of course but his article in The Times however makes me think not. Going on about salary cap not compatible with ambition and investment.

Wants what he can gain from the game, not any care about what's good for it. He's a QPR fan apparently, wonder when he started.

Archived