IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

He is so full of cr@p, how on earth could Lansdown have been so taken in by it.

Probably because Ashton is also full of it!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Potentially, or potentially not.

Strange how SL’s cheque book was found after he sacked SC wasn’t it.

SC gave us fans the best season in decades, he deserved some loyalty from the owner imo. 

We were in terrible form and the fans were not happy- I'm conflicted on the end of Cotts, part of me thinks it was needed and part of me isn't sure. Seem to recall the row between fan and Cotts after the Preston game?

He was refusing to fill his bench, there were some reasonable loanees- I'm wondering if a season of consolidation until the income grew properly in 2016/17 might have been in order, and then Cotts might have benefited from that extra income in the transfer market.

One eyed revisionists such as NickJ though...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Sunderland fans have worked out that David Brent talks bollocks after 12 games. It took Lansdown almost 5 years. It should be laughable but actually angers me to think we replaced a top bloke and great man manager and motivator with that cretin. 

As if that wasn’t bad enough.... to rub our noses in it we get the Cretin’s apprentice! 

• Like 14

Always has been and always will be a total bluffer.  4 jobs, zero achievements.  I don't expect him to be at Sunderland next season as they will not tolerate the utter nonsense that comes out of his mouth.  He's only likely to survive a bit longer as there's no supporters. Total, total bluffer. 

This has taken them 12 games to figure out and sounds all too familiar:

"I liked his first interview when he talked about getting bodies in the box and pulling crosses back but he seems to think he is some sort of football scientist and baffle people with jargon. Sadly, it got boring pretty quick. It sounds good when you are winning but when you can’t organise a team for shite you look a bit stupid. I’m guessing the players have stopped listening too..."

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Potentially, or potentially not.

Strange how SL’s cheque book was found after he sacked SC wasn’t it.

SC gave us fans the best season in decades, he deserved some loyalty from the owner imo. 

This is bollocks, the cheque book was open to Cotts but he tried to spend it all on one player, twice, and not even in the  most important position at the time. When that failed he decided to throw his toys out of the pram and leave spaces on the bench rather even give some of the kids a bit of experience. 

I don't know why we have to keep going over this, we had one wonderful season which we are all grateful for, but he was the one that tried to initiate a power grab on the back of it and failed. If we were getting any decent results in this league, he might have succeeded.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 3

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Some cracking comments on that forum...made me chuckle.

My first thought when he signed for Sunderland, was if he continues with his way of talking he will get slaughtered. Needs to reign it right in.

It hasn’t taken the mackhams long to realise what a load of bollocks LJ speaks.

I love the comment  ‘he’s been on a course’ ..........:rofl2br:wish I’d thought of that when he was at AG.

Its his way of bigging himself up, subconsciously covering his own inadequacies. 

Edited by Robbored

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is bollocks, the cheque book was open to Cotts but he tried to spend it all on one player, twice, and not even in the  most important position at the time. When that failed he decided to throw his toys out of the pram and leave spaces on the bench rather even give some of the kids a bit of experience. 

I don't know why we have to keep going over this, we had one wonderful season which we are all grateful for, but he was the one that tried to initiate a power grab on the back of it and failed. If we were getting any decent results in this league, he might have succeeded.

Spouted about unrealistic targets, who would never have come here anyway, in order to get his retaliation in first.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Three years ago today:

City 3-0 Sunderland (HT)

Don’t recall what the scoreline finished up that day, but I bet we ******* smashed them!

and as above, just a couple of weeks prior we went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the world and had every chance of beating them.

The wheels came off after that cup run, and I think the players put so much into those 3 big games that it all fell apart. We couldn't match the intensity of the games pre-Xmas. The Wolves game was a big turning point in the league too.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yep, this is yet another ‘love in’ for Cotterill and we’ve been here many times before............:sleeping:

You’re absolutely right PSR. SC has sacked for two main reasons. Not giving youth an opportunity and asking SL for finances to sign a striker claiming ‘I’ve got all I can out of this squad’. 

He was sacked shortly afterwards and in came another  Johnson..................:cool2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He was potentially taking us straight back down in Jan 2016- did you miss that key point?

Yes, it’s amazing how people forget. 
Also, Lee Johnson helped us to some reasonable finishing positions in the Championship. It’s amazing how people forget that. But I suppose he didn’t win the Champions League so best to rubbish him as much as possible.

• Like 2

Worked him out in 12 weeks!

"His wanky management speak is starting to wear thin and isn’t disguising the fact he hasn’t improved us one bit, about time he started getting a run of decent results instead of spouting this POMO/USP/absolute shambles corridor bollocks all the time"

and

"Billy Bullshit. Cliched David Brent pseudo intellectual shite.
Lee, the thick northerners have their bullshit detector out mate. Cut the crap."

Edited by CodeRed

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It hasn’t taken the mackhams long to realise what a load of bollocks LJ speaks.

I love the comment  ‘he’s been on a course’ ..........:rofl2br:wish I’d thought of that when he was at AG.

Its his way of bigging himself up, subconsciously covering his own inadequacies. 

I still think he's a good coach at this level...he reminds me of an enthusiastic student...which he is still in reality. 

At least he's trying to be better.

You can't help but admire his dedication and enthusiasm.

Fans would warm to him more if he spoke in layman's terms.

Tbh...as a coach or manager, whatever you say, win or lose, you set yourself up for ridicule.

You've only got to look at our own DH. So many said what a breath of fresh air, no bullshit, straight talker. Poor performances later...and he's clueless and out of his depth :laugh:...so you can't win.

TBF...I think LJ is a better coach than DH. But neither good enough to make us top 6 candidates imo.

And in all honesty...if we stick with DH I think he'll relegate us.

• Like 5

I worked in Tyneside for a while, and the Mackams know there football, trust me.

They won’t be taken in by all his bullsh*t for long from that cretin. How the heck did he last so long at City. Oh yeh, the CEO and owner loved all the bullsh*t. Quite a few on here did also.

If my memory is right, Cotts wanted some £££s for transfer targets he ID’d and got a NO, so Cotts played politics with SL and the rest is history.

Poor old DH has inherited the mess. Major clear out coming this summer IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I still think he's a good coach at this level...he reminds me of an enthusiastic student...which he is still in reality. 

At least he's trying to be better.

You can't help but admire his dedication and enthusiasm.

Fans would warm to him more if he spoke in layman's terms.

Tbh...as a coach or manager, whatever you say, win or lose, you set yourself up for ridicule.

You've only got to look at our own DH. So many said what a breath of fresh air, no bullshit, straight talker. Poor performances later...and he's clueless and out of his depth :laugh:...so you can't win.

TBF...I think LJ is a better coach than DH. But neither good enough to make us top 6 candidates imo.

And in all honesty...if we stick with DH I think he'll relegate us.

The ‘breath of fresh air’ referred to meant to me not necessarily  the appointment of Deano but his two assistants in Simpson and Downing who are both experienced coaches with different ideas and methods. Under LJ coaching had become stale and lacked innovation.

I don’t think Deano will relegate us but mid table mediocrity is the best we can expect this season.

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I worked in Tyneside for a while, and the Mackams know there football, trust me.

They won’t be taken in by all his bullsh*t for long from that cretin. How the heck did he last so long at City. Oh yeh, the CEO and owner loved all the bullsh*t. Quite a few on here did also.

If my memory is right, Cotts wanted some £££s for transfer targets he ID’d and got a NO, so Cotts played politics with SL and the rest is history.

He lasted so long because we continued to improve under his management.

He took a relegation threatened side, that may well have gone down that season under Cotts, to a side on the cusp of the play offs. Nothing to do with his phrases or Brentisms

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The ‘breath of fresh air’ referred to meant to me not necessarily  the appointment of Deano but his two assistants in Simpson and Downing who are both experienced coaches with different ideas and methods. Under LJ coaching had become stale and lacked innovation.

I don’t think Deano will relegate us but mid table mediocrity is the best we can expect this season.

I'm assuming he means if Holden stays for next season he'll relegate us. If he stays for next season he will need to clear out and almost start again because this squad of players, despite people who watch them get totally bummed week in, week out and still think they are top 6 material for some bizarre reason, are going nowhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Cretin ?  Really?  Is that necessary? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Because it was the good old days! You know the days when we used to attack, have shots on goal, score goals and win games.

• Like 1