IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

They might as well wait until the end of the season to form an opinion IMHO. 

We all know he is streaky but if his streaks in L1 are 29 points in 11 games and then one in 3 that's pretty decent and will get you promoted.

If on the other hand this streak runs until the end of the season then that's poor. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Looks like LJ is thinking of us allowing Wigan to win tonight and move above the Gas; agent Wright back in the side too!!

Just read their forum and found this, .... the locals are getting restless:

He got lucky with a New Owner bounce. The bloke was shit and tinkering and was given deserved criticism for his tactics and stupid speak after his first 10 games.
New owner came in and the players were playing out of there skin. He kept it simple and piped down after getting deserved criticism. He now thinks he’s gods gift again and has reverted to trying to tinker and try anything, and with the new owner bounce gone we’ve fell on our arses.

The truth is, he thinks he’s Pep Guardiola, and way too clever for us and for league one. The reality is, Bristol fans were bang on, he’s a streaky average Manager, who won’t take us forward.

Sound familiar?

More here: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/lee-johnson.1547640/page-3

Ha ha. 
Bit of an overreaction there methinks. 
They’ve just lost 2 in a row having just lost only 2 in 28!!! 
I think a 17-9-2 record affords him a bit of wriggle room after 2 defeats. ?

• Like 5

Nothing wrong with LJ, gave us some good times (as well as bad) but Lee and his dad were, and still are Bristol City through and through, Sunderland have got a good manager who will get them promoted I'm sure, I for one wish him all the best.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 2

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 

13-8-5 in Lg1.....still a good record though.

I said that when took over, playoffs was minimum expectation, and I’m pretty sure he will deliver that.  Tick in the box.

But I bet he had sights on autos after the good run.  Still on, but bit of nerves....and playoffs, they are there to be shot at.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

13-8-5 in Lg1.....still a good record though.

I said that when took over, playoffs was minimum expectation, and I’m pretty sure he will deliver that.  Tick in the box.

But I bet he had sights on autos after the good run.  Still on, but bit of nerves....and playoffs, they are there to be shot at.

I was looking at the run they’ve been on in all comps prior to the 2 defeats in a row - essentially disproving the ‘streaky’ tag (for his time at Sunderland) 

Edited by Harry

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 

This is Sunderland fans we’re talking about here...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I was looking at the run they’ve been on in all comps prior to the 2 defeats in a row - essentially disproving the ‘streaky’ tag (for his time at Sunderland) 

To me it's not the fact they have had a small blip, it came at a time when Automatic promotion was essentially in their own hands, they suddenly go on a blip. As soon as he is in the ascendency it slips out of his handz

Feels similar to when we beat WBA 3-2 and were 5th and then ended 8th.

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

If on the other hand this streak runs until the end of the season then that's poor. 

It would just be so weird if they do go on a losing streak now. Streaky at 3 different clubs and over multiple seasons here but nothing really tangible to explain it, unless it's sort of become a self-fulfilling prophecy after say the first 2 at Barnsley and here. Do the players start to think 'here we go again' and are affected psychologically. I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day.....

• Like 1

Just reading their forum reminded me how frustrating LJ is.

Developing players, lovely bloke but counter that with streaky runs, endless formation changes, random team selections.

He hasn't yet started calling out players and blaming everyone but himself but no doubt baffling them with his clever remarks and catchphrases. 

I wish him well, and hope he finds the magic formula but don't miss him one bit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

You get the odd clown on here saying that this forum is toxic and City fans are one of the worst around. I suggest they go and gave a look at Sunderlands forum. They absolutely despise him. 

Their match day thread is full of precisely the same observations made by the OTIB LJ sceptics.

He's in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

You get the odd clown on here saying that this forum is toxic and City fans are one of the worst around. I suggest they go and gave a look at Sunderlands forum. They absolutely despise him. 

They loved him though when they had the long unbeaten run, and if they win the play-offs will love him again. It's one extreme or the other up there.

5 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Totally agree - I’ve posted on here many times that Bristol City fans just don’t do ‘toxic’ - we just don’t. I was in the away end at Maine Road when Man City wanted Peter Swales out of their club - good grief, the atmosphere that day was pure evil - Moss Side’s finest all turned out that day to vent their anger and frustration and it was frighteningly ‘toxic’ - light years away from the odd mumble and grumble towards the bench that you may witness at Ashton Gate.

Newcastle fans do ‘toxic’ well too - eg when they wanted Pardew out - and there are countless further examples of fans of other clubs creating ‘toxic’ atmospheres around their clubs - but Bristol City fans don’t come close to that - our owners, board members, managers, players and staff get a relatively relaxed and comfortable time when they are involved with our club - they don’t get a hard time - they just get a fantastic City in which to live and work - unless you choose to live in Guernsey ... ??

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think they would wanna lose tonight whilst Charlton, Pompey and Lincoln all win.

Missing out on a play off spot would be prime LJ.

You predicted that scenario well!...that's exactly what happened.

EDIT: I wrote too soon - implausibly Accrington got a 95th minute equaliser v Pompey and Crewe a 96th equaliser against Charlton

Sunderland still favourites to remain in the play-offs I'd say.

Edited by Red Exile

36 minutes ago, Banned User said:
"My assistant manager keeps telling me I have to get into meditation, to relax. I’ll meditate when I’m dead. In the meantime I’ve got to get promoted.”

That's a genuine LJ quote by the way.

He is not a good leader. Truly lacks humility which is a key trait of being a good leader. 

1 hour ago, Banned User said:
"My assistant manager keeps telling me I have to get into meditation, to relax. I’ll meditate when I’m dead. In the meantime I’ve got to get promoted.”

That's a genuine LJ quote by the way.

That quote is very similar to David Brent's Ian Botham quote