IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

32 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think, in part, the answer to the OTIB vitriol lies in something LJ had no control over...the way in which he was defended for so long by many on here as though he was some sort of messiah. They went on defending him long after his flaws had been exposed and loved doing it as it wound others up...myself included on occasion! I notice that a few of the same folk passionately supported the almost indefensible appointment of Dean Holden, and having been let down then decided that Pearson was the wrong choice. There's a contrarian tendency who greatly enjoyed LJ's tenure.

Personally I liked him as a player, made the most of the talent he had. As a manager I found him irritating and pretentious.

The opposite of the man we've just appointed.

I totally agree but would add part of that is human nature. Some of the vitriol LJ had as a player and manager was nothing to do with his ability, and still hasn't been forgotten with some fans. Naturally that puts some people on the defensive, not to say being balanced wouldn't be a better alternative, but you end up defending some out-there accusations instead of mounting your own criticisms in some cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Just went on the Sunderland forum to have a look. Who's the poster named as 'Bristol City'? Embarrassing posting topics to say Pearson signed on with us and rightly so their fans are like who the **** cares.

I really don't like that, its ok to go on other forums to have a reasoned debate or offer thoughts (personally I don't) but to go on and embarrass us as a fan base really annoys me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M.D said:

I really don't like that, its ok to go on other forums to have a reasoned debate or offer thoughts (personally I don't) but to go on and embarrass us as a fan base really annoys me

Agreed its cringe. Just seems anywhere that LJ is employed as a coach brings a stream of past club supporters to his new endeavours (such as that weird Barnsley fan) who pops on here from time to time to say how great they are. Its just weird someone is posting how great NP is to Sunderland supporters and rightly so they are picking it to pieces.

On 10/02/2021 at 09:47, Fordy62 said:

To be fair, you’d struggle to find *any* manager who couldn’t achieve a mid table finish if he was allowed to increase the wage bill from 13m to 37m. When you look at it like that, I’m not sure establishing us as a mid table side is quite so impressive. 

Put it in perspective though and look at the rest of the wage bills in the league we are no where near around the playoffs in budget terms 

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Agreed its cringe. Just seems anywhere that LJ is employed as a coach brings a stream of past club supporters to his new endeavours (such as that weird Barnsley fan) who pops on here from time to time to say how great they are. Its just weird someone is posting how great NP is to Sunderland supporters and rightly so they are picking it to pieces.

totally, if you go on a forum for another club you have to show the upmost respect, look how we are with other fans. We do except them and value points they make but it's treading on a very thin line.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd say the reverse.

Couldn't stand him as a player. If an opposition player came within 6 feet of him he'd pass the ball as if it was an unexploded grenade, often with little thought or accuracy. He was static and lightweight. It didn't help that father dearest picked him even when he was out-of-form. 

As a manager, I think he makes the most of what he has. He isn't the best, but is by no means the worst. Many of the poor recruitment decisions seem to be the fault of someone else.  I never minded his interviews as much as others seem to. He always seemed pretty straightforward. His habit of bringing on obvious substitutions 20-30 minutes too late was infuriating though.

I couldn't abide the little ****** as either.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2021 at 10:02, NickJ said:

Havent looked for a while but Sunderland fans continue to be unimpressed with the LJ bullshit.

Worst run since 2017/2018 doesn't ruffle Johnson

Just a question of pressing the right re-set button apparently. He's even confident and looking forward to the play offs. Is he right or is he alright?

My instinct tells me he’s waffling shite.

He's done here, proved he's not upto the job.

Needs to reset himself the fkn chancer. If he spent as much time picking the team as he does on selecting his touchline attire we'd be sound. Bloke's not fit for purpose.

Well it should. I dont like him and his smirk.

I’ve watched blokes in betting shops confident that the next one will win and wipe out all their losses. Johnson’s the same as them. He’s a gambler dressed up as a tactical and motivational genius.

johnston thinks he some sort of genius

Why does he always come out with riddles clichés etc. starting to really get on my nerves now. speaks a good game but cant deliver. he would have a great career in politics. dont like him

Lee Johnson says one or two players have been affected by their contract situation at #SAFC.

Sounds to me like he's throwing them under the bus.

Seems like it’s look at them and not Lee scenario

He's such a bullshit merchant. ******' hell.

Maybe they don't know their pomos from their super strengths.

Surely all the other clubs must have some players in the same situation...?

Sunderland fans after one season of LJ...

Animated GIF

I know many won’t care but I just read on some random Facebook link that Sunderland haven’t won a game in their last 7. They went from automatic promotion contenders to now looking over their shoulders in the playoff places.

Given the runs he had at Barnsley and with us, the theme seems to keep repeating itself. Granted he turned their fortunes around when he joined them but how can one manager have such a terrible record of winless runs club after club after club?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I know many won’t care but I just read on some random Facebook link that Sunderland haven’t won a game in their last 7. They went from automatic promotion contenders to now looking over their shoulders in the playoff places.

Given the runs he had at Barnsley and with us, the theme seems to keep repeating itself. Granted he turned their fortunes around when he joined them but how can one manager have such a terrible record of winless runs club after club after club?

Of course, the non-losing streaks probably won't be mentioned here or on Sunderlands forum.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You didn’t need to hunt round random Facebook pages to find that out….you can still find his fortunes followed closely on here! There are one or two posters far more interested in Sunderland’s last seven games than City’s last 9 home games without a win ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

You didn’t need to hunt round random Facebook pages to find that out….you can still find his fortunes followed closely on here! There are one or two posters far more interested in Sunderland’s last seven games than City’s last 9 home games without a win ?

Guilty as charged. I'm totally invested in Johnson's (and Mcallaster's) career successes or failings as to me they are Bristol City men far more than most of the passers through that we have atm 

14 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Sunderland in the Championship with 40,000 crowds next season, or Lincoln/Blackpool (with 9,000 crowds)? Plenty of good reasons why it'd be better for us for LJ to flop there

Well you would think so but we've managed to be worse than Barnsley, Luton, Millwall, QPR, Preston etc and somehow better than Derby, Wednesday, poss Forest

On 10/02/2021 at 00:48, Portland Bill said:

Potentially, or potentially not.

Strange how SL’s cheque book was found after he sacked SC wasn’t it.

SC gave us fans the best season in decades, he deserved some loyalty from the owner imo. 

Yes mate so true we havent seen footy that comes anywhere near that been going downhill ever since and to give our warchest to that cretin sticks in my throat .

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes mate so true we havent seen footy that comes anywhere near that been going downhill ever since and to give our warchest to that cretin sticks in my throat .

Another one fast asleep when SC was trying to spend the whole budget on Andre Gray or Dwight Gayle, the money was there if he had tried to use it wisely.