IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Sunderland was always a gamble for him...going to a club that actually expected to win promotion, something LJ has never achieved as a manager at any level in well over 400 matches and never looked like achieving with us for all the 'clubs in the bag' he was handed. Be interesting to see what he does next. 

What he does next is a genuinely interesting question… I think it’ll probably be league one again. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone is winding you up!

Oh Dave. Hang your head!

• Haha 1

Shame that it's not worked out for LJ at Sunderland. Seems a bit of a knee jerk decision given that they're 3rd in the league.

I find the malice and vitriol towards him from some of our fans rather peculiar. Of course he has flaws (as all managers do), but I have no doubt that he gave his all during his time here and always had the best interest of the club at heart. (The same can't be said for Ashton, however, who I think is much more deserving of disrespect). 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fordy62 said:

What he does next is a genuinely interesting question… I think it’ll probably be league one again. 

I wonder what the record is for number of games managed without ever gaining a promotion? He's currently on 449. I know he liked to set records.

I'd have said LJ was a perfect fit for a club with lots of resources and limited expectations.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Sunderland was always a gamble for him...going to a club that actually expected to win promotion, something LJ has never achieved as a manager at any level in well over 400 matches and never looked like achieving with us for all the 'clubs in the bag' he was handed. Be interesting to see what he does next. 

I agree. I think it was a bold move and was surprised he went for it. He's done his profile some real damage though I think - fired from mid table championship, fired from really big budget/club in L1.

Not sure where he goes next, he needs to win something when he does though.

Just now, Red Exile said:

I wonder what the record is for number of games managed without ever gaining a promotion? He's currently on 449. I know he liked to set records.

I'd have said LJ was a perfect fit for a club with lots of resources and limited expectations.

Wasn't that us? ;)

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Not a massive fan of LJ, and I thought he was a strange appointment for us, and he got overthinking paralysis after getting drunk on a ego-heavy Cup run…..

However, who in Gods name do Sunderland think they are?! They are embarrassing from top to bottom, and their fans are vitriolic, deluded and completely unsavoury.

This is a bit harsh I think but ultimately an amusing soap opera about our ex-manager and a bonkers club.

still a true sleeping giant though.......

I feel sorry for him. Don’t know the ins and outs of it all of course, and their loss yesterday was terrible but I thought he’d get them up this year - they were still in a really good position.

This is the closest they’ve got to a return to the championship in years, not sure what else they expect.

Hope they **** it right up now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I truly don't get this thing about mocking players and managers who delivered better times for us than we have now.

Flint, Pack, Reid, Bryan, Johnson. And so on.

They absolutely don't hate us, they don't deny the good times we had.... what pleasure is there in ridiculing them now?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Listening to Sunderland fans on Twitter spaces - saying inconsistency is what has killed him. Battered by the teams around them too often, no consistency from game to game, sometimes even half from half, using players in the wrong positions. All sounds familiar to his time here tbh. 

• Like 5