Jump to content
IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s


NickJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/03/2021 at 10:25, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds as if Sunderland are starting to play with 'identity' and passing the ball quickly and playing attacking football.

Which is what we were treated to that season when we had a strong League Cup run.

Then the random transfer policy kicked in fully coupled with a new tombola and everything started going to shit.

You mean when Mark Ashton decided to get too involved?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/03/2021 at 16:57, Kid in the Riot said:

Seems he's been bestowed the highest honour Sunderland has to offer. He's had a pizzeria named after him.

 

20210310_165558.jpg

Nice front window😂 wait until they go on a 12 game losing run pizzas will be flying back through the window 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The title of this post has now become reality. 

7th when he took over now knocking on the door of automatic promotion. 

They don't concede many, they've lost the fewest number of games and their goal difference is second only to Hull. 

They have to go to Peterborough and Hull and have Lincoln at home, so it's very much doable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

They don't concede many, they've lost the fewest number of games and their goal difference is second only to Hull. 

They have to go to Peterborough and Hull and have Lincoln at home, so it's very much doable. 

They currently only have one fit centre half too, and he went off injured on Sunday, so big injury problems but getting the results required. 

9 wins and a draw from their last 10 games, and 5 clean sheets on the bounce with barely any fit defenders. 

Sunderland fans, understandably, very impressed. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The title of this post has now become reality. 

7th when he took over now knocking on the door of automatic promotion. 

Yep, fair play to LJ, he must've known he was on a hiding to nothing going there, but games in hand too that puts the Mackems in the automatic positions....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Yep, fair play to LJ, he must've known he was on a hiding to nothing going there, but games in hand too that puts the Mackems in the automatic positions....

Despite current league standing they are a considerably bigger club than us too, and currently he is more than meeting expectation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/03/2021 at 23:05, Banned User said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This club will return to the Premier League with Lee Johnson at the helm!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/leadbitter-talking-about-johnson.1545007/page-3

The quote "you can tell the players respect him" shows me that he's not been there long enough yet for his weakness to come to light. LJ is very forward thinking and has a lot going for him but we've all seen what happens when the confidence drops. I'll be interested to see how the players react to him when they begin to struggle and he starts messing with his tactics, making obvious mistakes etc as he did with us. They're still riding that positive air that inspires good run of form, let's see how they react to a run of poor results before we talk about how great LJ is. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck to him.

LJ didn’t take us too much further forward in his time here but it wasn’t the disaster that some make out either.

His CV prior to us was ok but some could understandably not see past his connection with SL.

What I would say is he is at a bigger club, although in a lower league & if they do go up I’d expect them to avoid being in a relegation scrap next season, which is usually the fate of many promoted side (look at this season’s table, all 3 are in the bottom 5, 2 will probably go back down).

Final point, our last head coach will never get offered a job like Sunderland, will he?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

The quote "you can tell the players respect him" shows me that he's not been there long enough yet for his weakness to come to light. LJ is very forward thinking and has a lot going for him but we've all seen what happens when the confidence drops. I'll be interested to see how the players react to him when they begin to struggle and he starts messing with his tactics, making obvious mistakes etc as he did with us. They're still riding that positive air that inspires good run of form, let's see how they react to a run of poor results before we talk about how great LJ is. 

There's every chance he'll have them promoted with a trophy too by the time this matters though. In which case, it's job done already really isn't it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The quote "you can tell the players respect him" shows me that he's not been there long enough yet for his weakness to come to light. LJ is very forward thinking and has a lot going for him but we've all seen what happens when the confidence drops. I'll be interested to see how the players react to him when they begin to struggle and he starts messing with his tactics, making obvious mistakes etc as he did with us. They're still riding that positive air that inspires good run of form, let's see how they react to a run of poor results before we talk about how great LJ is. 

Sometimes people learn from experiences and change accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sometimes people learn from experiences and change accordingly.

Sssh. Don't say that. You'll offend some of the OTIB posters who make an early decision and stick with it.

These are the same people that write players off after a poor 45 minutes, or believe young players like Massengo are the finished article at 19, and can't possibly improve.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

As do some of the anti-Johnson City brigade who took great delight earlier in this thread at drawing attention to those Sunderland fans.

And those posters who on page one were taking great delight in the negative comments seem to have gone very quiet on this thread!

If you can give it out, as they did, it’s just good grace if they can return to the thread - admit they were probably a little hasty and acknowledge that he’s actually doing a good job so far. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LJ is doing well with Sunderland and I'm pleased for him.
He tried his best for us and gave everything he had. It was right that he went when he did and I wouldn't swop him for Nigel, but he did deliver us 4 years of top-half championship football and an amazing cup run during his tenure, for which I thank him.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Don't judge a Manager/Head Coach when they're flying. Judge them when things are not going well, and how quickly they can react and respond accordingly to get back on track

Arguably that's exactly what he's done. Sunderland were going through a couple of sticky results before this run relative to a club of their size in league 1 (hence the thread). His managerial honeymoon grace period period was over and a few fans were starting to get a bit frustrated after losing to Shrewsbury. Since then their form has been fantastic. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Arguably that's exactly what he's done. Sunderland were going through a couple of sticky results before this run relative to a club of their size in league 1 (hence the thread). His managerial honeymoon grace period period was over and a few fans were starting to get a bit frustrated after losing to Shrewsbury. Since then their form has been fantastic. 

 

 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And those posters who on page one were taking great delight in the negative comments seem to have gone very quiet on this thread!

If you can give it out, as they did, it’s just good grace if they can return to the thread - admit they were probably a little hasty and acknowledge that he’s actually doing a good job so far. 

i for one wont hide could not stand him as a player or manager. Not a patch on cotts and miles behind Pearson, and up to now has not achieve a great deal. Yes he got Sunderland doing fine big team in tin pot league that we won at a canter, and getting the best out of charlie wyke and aden mcgaidy shame he could not do that with are centre forwards and Kasey palmer. Lets see what happens when they lose a game. The only time i will be a massive fan of lj is when they hopefully smash  that lot in blue and white quarters then i will give him some respect for a few minutes only.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, big dosser said:

Lets see what happens when they lose a game.

They lost to Shrewsbury and since won 9 games (including at Wembley) and drew 1. Surely that's more than just fine?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...