IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

1 hour ago, Selred said:

It was in the Sun. Know I'm not going mental! 

Yep, fair play you’re spot on. I didn’t remember that the original thread came from a rumour in the Sun. I was wrong.

I did remember correctly that a poster on here claimed it was a done deal and he’d signed. He also wasn’t happy to be questioned about it, angry little individual.

2039121D-EDC7-404F-AD2B-99918E2550A2.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Such a shame Sunderland got battered and the shiny suited one's team lost as well.

NOT! 

Streaky Lee strikes again maybe? One of his infamous losing streaks? I've got no problem with LJ TBH.

As for Ipswich.... ??

I see some of them have already worked out Bakinson today!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Weird result considering they’d lost 2 in 13 in the league before today. Come on Lee, bounce back

One of their fans saying they’d conceded 18 in 4… I’m guessing he’s just picked out their 4 worst results… surely you’re not allowed to do that?!

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think “Pitch Personalities” is a new one on us!

"Prancing", too, I think he said.

How refreshing we have the concise, straight to the point, honesty of Nige for our post match analysis these days rather than this meaningless waffle.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Awful score but he will be judged on one thing at end of season and be gone if it isn’t delivered. Guess time will tell but they can of course come back from today but also could go on a horror streak. Be interesting to see what happens but should he not deliver promotion then not can’t see him getting another big role again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think “Pitch Personalities” is a new one on us!

Just watching Elaine Page (bird that used to sing musicals) on the telly singing 'Short People' (really), right now, and she goes:

"Short people got no reason 

Short people got no reason

To live

They got little hands

And little eyes

And they walk around

Tellin' great big lies ..... "

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
Thread resurrected. No posts since 17th Sept. 

Since then, Sunderland have played 23 league games, won 13, drawn 6 and lost 4. 
All of a sudden Fordy is back on his anti LJ thread. 

Agenda? Much!! ?

Sunderland also delivered the worst ever result in their history in the lowest tier they've ever played in. That's not an agenda that, as Roy Castle once said, is a record breaker. Given their manager loves to boast records on his CV he can have that one for nothing.....

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Moments of Pleasure said:

Just watching Elaine Page (bird that used to sing musicals) on the telly singing 'Short People' (really), right now, and she goes:

"Short people got no reason 

To live

They got little hands

And little eyes

And they walk around

Tellin' great big lies ..... "

I just hope she sang with the irony Randy Newman injected into the lyric.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
Thread resurrected. No posts since 17th Sept. 

Since then, Sunderland have played 23 league games, won 13, drawn 6 and lost 4. 
All of a sudden Fordy is back on his anti LJ thread. 

Agenda? Much!! ?

I just needed to highlight “pitch personalities” ???

On 17/09/2021 at 04:58, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he also deserves plenty of credit for taking the Sunderland role.

One of the criticisms of LJ during his time here was that throughout his career he's played it safe - either playing for his dad or under SL here.

Sunderland is nothing like that - success will be demanded given the stature of the club and he will have to deliver. It was a very brave choice of club.

Sunderland needed a manager Johnson was on the short list, they interviewed him. He got the job and took it. It was not as if it happened any other way unless you know something different. 

Im not sure what credit there is. He managed clubs not owned by SL or assisted by GJ before he got here did he not? 

I do agree Sunderland demands success…and yet specialize in failure!

The bloke has his opportunity to put Bristol City behind him and make a name for himself! Good luck to him!

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Sunderland also delivered the worst ever result in their history in the lowest tier they've ever played in. That's not an agenda that, as Roy Castle once said, is a record breaker. Given their manager loves to boast records on his CV he can have that one for nothing.....

Given they’ve only spent 4 seasons at that level, that’s not exactly some massive historic blunder that he’s presided over. 
Here’s another fact. Since their relegation 4 years ago, he’s got the best record of any other Sunderland manager. 
Here’s another fact. Aside from a 26 game period in 1977/78, he has the best win percentage of any Sunderland manager since 1889!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Given they’ve only spent 4 seasons at that level, that’s not exactly some massive historic blunder that he’s presided over. 
Here’s another fact. Since their relegation 4 years ago, he’s got the best record of any other Sunderland manager. 
Here’s another fact. Aside from a 26 game period in 1977/78, he has the best win percentage of any Sunderland manager since 1889!! 

You crack me up!

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Think you need to go on their forum and put many of their fans right then because they don't seem to see him in as positive a light as you do............

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can't sleep Lee....?

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You crack me up!

Harry's response is one step afar from claiming to be 'the best looking bloke in the burns unit'.

God only knows what he'd make of the Mackams themselves reminding they've the most expensive squad ever assembled at that level, that with the resource spent they should waltz out of that Division or why 5,200 supporters didn't travel to a club who's recently staved off extinction expecting to be dicked six zip ( and lucky to get zip at that.) How ungrateful must the Mackams be to overlook the success Johnson has so far delivered?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s almost parody that this thread gets dug up from several months ago.

There’s a few posters on here, who should really know better, that clearly have a massive personal issue with a former manager who doesn’t even know they exist. 

What's having an issue with somebody to do with whether or not they know you exist? He purports to be a high profile manager, happy to tell him face to face what I think of him. There's a good chance he might well remember me from the touchline conversations he forced me (and plenty of others) to have when he was here.

I detest Johnson for the damage he delivered my beloved club, damage that'll extend for years to come, much as the Mackams have come to realise the damage he's doing to theirs. And if he doesn't know I exist was all that praising of fans when he was here further Johnsonesque bull? Can't have it both ways, save in his case he likes to think he can given he's been found out again talking meaningless claptrap. 

Great quote from the Mackams: "If he was a chocolate he'd eat himself". You'll find it under their stark realization: "In 400 odd games what's he ever won?"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

What's having an issue with somebody to do with whether or not they know you exist? He purports to be a high profile manager, happy to tell him face to face what I think of him. There's a good chance he might well remember me from the touchline conversations he forced me (and plenty of others) to have when he was here.

I detest Johnson for the damage he delivered my beloved club, damage that'll extend for years to come, much as the Mackams have come to realise the damage he's doing to theirs. And if he doesn't know I exist was all that praising of fans when he was here further Johnsonesque bull? Can't have it both ways, save in his case he likes to think he can given he's been found out again talking meaningless claptrap. 

Great quote from the Mackams: "If he was a chocolate he'd eat himself". You'll find it under their stark realization: "In 400 odd games what's he ever won?"

I just think it’s ‘small dick energy’ - I’d love to use a more intellectual phrase, but that’s exactly what it is.

It’s a personal issue and enjoying the misfortune of someone who literally has no idea that you exist. 

It’s sad really, he tried his best and was desperate to succeed here. I genuinely am baffled why anyone would care as much as people seem to do.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I just think it’s ‘small dick energy’ - I’d love to use a more intellectual phrase, but that’s exactly what it is.

It’s a personal issue and enjoying the misfortune of someone who literally has no idea that you exist. 

It’s sad really, he tried his best and was desperate to succeed here. I genuinely am baffled why anyone would care as much as people seem to do.

Does anyone we talk about on OTIB have any idea that we exist? It’s a forum no? No one expects the subjects we debate to actually pay any attention to what we discuss surely? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Does anyone we talk about on OTIB have any idea that we exist? It’s a forum no? No one expects the subjects we debate to actually pay any attention to what we discuss surely? 

That’s true of course - I just think it’s more pertinent when the subject (in this case LJ) left the club almost 2 years ago.

I genuinely think it’s sad this thread gets regurgitated whenever Sunderland hit a bad patch. Overall they seem to be doing ok.