IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Some cracking comments on that forum...made me chuckle.

My first thought when he signed for Sunderland, was if he continues with his way of talking he will get slaughtered. Needs to reign it right in.

One of my favourites:

"Someone tell him him he’s supposed to be managing a footy club and not a junior executive at an advertising agency. USP my ****ing arse.
Unless he means his uniquely shit patter"

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2021 at 00:11, NickJ said:

Sunderland fans have worked out that David Brent talks bollocks after 12 games. It took Lansdown almost 5 years. It should be laughable but actually angers me to think we replaced a top bloke and great man manager and motivator with that cretin. 

Well said mate vile bullshitting  **** .

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 09:22, Davefevs said:

I very much suspect the unofficial arrival of Ashton in Dec 2015 (officially appointed in January), to prepare his sacking might’ve caused the flip / row.  Especially when SOD and Burt, then Cotts and Burt had chucked all Ashton’s 2012 Recruitment stuff in the bin.  Cotts knew he was a gonner.  One day I’m gonna stalk him at Millennium Square and ask him!!! ???

Pretty sly from SL to sack Cotts by text (allegedly).

Pretty sly from SL to sack Cotts the evening he’d done his afternoon pre-match presser.

Pretty sly from SL to appoint Ashton (officially) two days later.

There is still a 2012 Ashton recommendation in the Recruitment Analysis team, and a mate of Jon Lansdowns too, who I understand has had a variety of jobs until they found one they could hide him in.

Can't remember the ins and outs of it but I'm pretty sure it was done at such a time Cotts couldn't say bye to the players. Great way to treat one of the only men who's ever needed the keys to the trophy cabinet.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes i have he was a bully in the  dressing room have a former player as a very good friend dont believe all that Mr nice guy stuff on T.v.

Yes it's funny isnt it, many people if faced with a choice of saying whether that was describing LJ or SC, would say SC, due to perceptions, but everything I heard about SC, from somebody who witnessed it first hand, is that he is very good at managing and relating to players, all of whom had a lot of respect for him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if his name was John Leeson, people would be talking about him as one of the better city managers, alot lot of hate lee gets is purely due to him being lee johnson from people who never liked him as a player

He'd probably need a whole new personality too. I liked him as a player, thought he received a massive amount of necessary stick. 

As a manager though, Jesus... I'm still 100% sure we will be the only Championship club e ever manages and that was down to nepotism, again. 

If he fails to take Sunderland up all his guff in the world won't be able to answer in any future interview "How have you managed for 8 years and never earned a promotion?".

At some stage his CV will be louder than his PowerPoint and David Brent squeaks. 

Edited by dREDful