46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gilmartin

Hunt | Mariappa | Cundy | Baker | Rowe

Walsh | Lansbury | Paterson

Weimann | Diedhiou

Subs:

Wollacott, Adelakun, Hinds

(bold one year option)

Those are some good wages off the books to reset and go again incorporating more youth next year further helping keep the wage bill low.

olosunde to replace hunt on a free

jephcott to replace Diedhiou 

keep walsh of course

maybe utilise the loan market like Swansea and blackburn have done for a cb or two on loan from the prem to replace the outgoings of Baker, mariappa, Mawson, and maybe Moore if we deemed him not good enough.

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gilmartin

Hunt | Mariappa | Cundy | Baker | Rowe

Walsh | Lansbury | Paterson

Weimann | Diedhiou

Subs:

Wollacott, Adelakun, Hinds

(bold one year option)

Could almost be the injured XI too. Weimann is an interesting one re: extension.  A real managers fave and at this point in time, a real gamble. Not sure how this one plays out. 

2 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Those are some good wages off the books to reset and go again incorporating more youth next year further helping keep the wage bill low.

olosunde to replace hunt on a free

jephcott to replace Diedhiou 

keep walsh of course

maybe utilise the loan market like Swansea and blackburn have done for a cb or two on loan from the prem to replace the outgoings of Baker, mariappa, Mawson, and maybe Moore if we deemed him not good enough.

By my calculations we’d save £5m on wages and £5m on amortisation, so £10m off our cost base.  Sounds great, until you realise that our revenues are likely to be down more than £10m too.  So we lose 15 players and in effect we are left in the same position.

This is why I bleat on about Mark Ashton’s performance as CEO.  He’s leaving us in a bad position.

There has been a lot of mention that if we do offer new contracts to any of our OOC players, then they should be on far reduced terms because of covid. That is fine in principle, but in a perverse way I think bigger clubs will be targeting the cream of the Championships OOC players over those currently in contract, as no one will be wanting to pay a fee - hence why I think it is a two way street.  If you are Patterson or Diedhiou for example, waiting until the summer to see what is on the table from other clubs is not a bad approach to take.

Archived