IGNORED

Tonight....

TomThumb84

With both mawson and kalas being unable to cut out cardiffs 2 goals on saturday, i think mariappa should be given a game at centre half,

that still gives you the problem at left back though. If we  dont think mariappa can play left back (which the recent evidence indicates) then

with the absence of any other suitable candidate surely we should play a youngster who is left footed (if we have one).

It would be good experience for that youngster, hopefully, and will not cost us any league points.

Do we have a left footed youngster ready to be given a game, if so chuck him in.

3 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

With both mawson and kalas being unable to cut out cardiffs 2 goals on saturday, i think mariappa should be given a game at centre half,

that still gives you the problem at left back though. If we  dont think mariappa can play left back (which the recent evidence indicates) then

with the absence of any other suitable candidate surely we should play a youngster who is left footed (if we have one).

It would be good experience for that youngster, hopefully, and will not cost us any league points.

Do we have a left footed youngster ready to be given a game, if so chuck him in.

Towler, I believe.

The comment on here that "don't worry, we can afford to lose this one" has been pinned on the dressing room door all season.

Personally, if we can register more shots on target than further players injured and out for the season, tonight will be progress.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

I lived and worked in Sheffield for a year and would quite happily sit in their "Kop End" for the occasional evening match. On the whole a pretty good bunch of fans (once they'd recovered from the shock of someone sitting in their Home End with a Bath accent). Good city for a night out too.  

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

The main thing is it’s ‘Something exciting’ ????

( Thought it a bit of a naive thing to say atm , personally, and intrigued to see what it is )

If it is indeed Towler, then it would certainly be exciting for him.

I just hope the poor lad doesn’t freeze - metaphorically, of course, although a rather chilly night is expected.

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Me?   I am just hoping to avoid embarrassment on National TV..........if he plays Mariappa at left back again, then it will be confirmed that he has terminally lost the plot.  We will win? I doubt it?

It's on national TV ?

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m not sure whether or not yet are joking, BIg Tone, but the match is on the BBC, Iplayer.

You will be able to watch it with a VPN or, alternatively, via one of the usual streams.

No not joking. Thanks for the advice

Personally, we know Holden set out at the beginning of the season to play 3-5-2, so I'd play Semenyo as the left wing back, and get someone with high energy levels such as Nagy or Massengo to double up down that side when defending.

I keep hearing commentators on Robins TV saying how hard Semenyo works to get back and defend, so I think that's one of our better options.

Think I'd prefer that rather than play Towler and see his confidence get shot to bits, especially as Sheffield Utd will be targeted that area.

Archived