IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

The play offs are going to be a tough ask, even a glass half full supporter like myself acknowledges that. I think we play our strongest team with the chance of an FA Cup quarter final the carrot.

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Mawson

Hunt Lansbury Vyner

Paterson Massengo

Diedhou Wells

3-5-2 Vyner the best fit at left wing back. Good on the ball, athletic, and versatile if the formation isn't working COYR

Sorry, should be Moore in the centre defence not Vyner...again ?

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

The play offs are going to be a tough ask, even a glass half full supporter like myself acknowledges that. I think we play our strongest team with the chance of an FA Cup quarter final the carrot.

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Mawson

Hunt Lansbury Vyner

Paterson Massengo

Diedhou Wells

3-5-2 Vyner the best fit at left wing back. Good on the ball, athletic, and versatile if the formation isn't working COYR

Sorry, should be Moore in the centre defence not Vyner...again ?

we have a chance if DH gets the sack tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Avoiding relegation is now the priority.  Play only first team squad players who need minutes.  Rest all the others and fill the match day squad with under 23s and u18s.

wow, I did not think we were that bad that relegation to beat was the priority. However you maybe correct. this season will go down in BCFC history and have a big write up not just for covid but for the negligence in the owners of the club apponting probably the worse head coach in history since 1884  when this great club started out with partnerships with Southville and Bedminster and the result in BCFC forming in 1897. 

Alas this season is over for now.

23 minutes ago, City oz said:

wow, I did not think we were that bad that relegation to beat was the priority. However you maybe correct. this season will go down in BCFC history and have a big write up not just for covid but for the negligence in the owners of the club apponting probably the worse head coach in history since 1884  when this great club started out with partnerships with Southville and Bedminster and the result in BCFC forming in 1897. 

Bobby Houghton?  Pulis?  Sadly, Brian Tinnion?

Bents

Hunt Maps Maws Kalas Owura

Vyner   Massengo

Lansbury

Fam      Wells

Surely time to return to 5-3-2? Kalas to give Owura all the help he needs protecting our left side.

2 hours ago, City oz said:

Well this is peak OTIB over reaction

One thing these type of threads always highlight, is that no matter how much fans think the coach/manager is wrong with his team selections - there is never an agreed consensus on what the team should actually look like. 

Perhaps the man who spends every day with the players and knows all the fitness levels and everyday knocks and niggles might still be the best placed person to pick the team?

Bentley

Vyner              Kalas            Mawson

Nagy                                                                                                         Hunt

Williams             Lansbury

Palmer

Paterson               Wells

With no left footed option, id go with Hunt there, as at least he has the experience of playing as a wing back, rather than having no experience & not naturally left footed. Nagy gives you the athleticism a wing back requires, but I accept a bit left field. Hopefully Williams & Lansbury will be all the better with some minutes in their legs from Saturday & that needs to continue if we are to get the best out of them. Palmer gives you the creativity that we all crave, along with having some insurance behind him. Paterson again gives you creativity, but has a goal in him & probably played his best football when pushing further forward with Reid. Also think two clever footballers like Paterson & Palmer could potentially link really well, would be an interesting watch at least. Then get Wells where he is at his best, centrally, playing on the shoulder & around the six yard box. Not stuck out wide, looking frustrated & fed up. Think he could really feed off Palmer & Paterson getting on the ball. COYR

50 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

One thing these type of threads always highlight, is that no matter how much fans think the coach/manager is wrong with his team selections - there is never an agreed consensus on what the team should actually look like. 

Perhaps the man who spends every day with the players and knows all the fitness levels and everyday knocks and niggles might still be the best placed person to pick the team?

I guess the proofs in the pudding. COYR

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Bents

Hunt Maps Maws Kalas Owura

Vyner   Massengo

Lansbury

Fam      Wells

Surely time to return to 5-3-2? Kalas to give Owura all the help he needs protecting our left side.

Owura is self isolating hence why he wasn’t in squad yesterday. Not sure how long he is in that process though...

58 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I've liked your post, but only wish I could 'like' it several times more 

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Good grief! Two shocking performances and dire football matches (yesterday and Derby) in a bang average season and a general sense that we’re treading water in contrast to the past several years of steady progress. 
If you want negligence and worst of times, try 40 years ago: eleven year unsustainable contracts, bankruptcy, three relegations in 750 days. Those were bad times. 

Bentley

Hunt     Vyner        Kalas        Mawson   Moore

Williams

Nagy      Bakinson    Massengo            

Wells

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Mawson Moore

Vyner Lansbury Massengo

Palmer

Famara Wells

Moore for me best fit as a left back with no expectations to get forward (though he is capable of bringing the ball out). Doesn’t give us a lot of width but we are going to need to be solid against a premier league side. 

14 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Mawson Moore

Vyner Lansbury Massengo

Palmer

Famara Wells

Moore for me best fit as a left back with no expectations to get forward (though he is capable of bringing the ball out). Doesn’t give us a lot of width but we are going to need to be solid against a premier league side. 

Unfortunately, whilst I like and really admire Taylor Moore, both as a central defender and as a thoroughly pleasant young man, I cannot help but feel he is not comfortable playing on the left - and certainly not as a fullback.

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, whilst I like and really admire Taylor Moore, both as a central defender and as a thoroughly pleasant young man, I cannot help but feel he is not comfortable playing on the left - and certainly not as a fullback.

I do agree, but I think the Mariappa experiment has proven to have failed and it’s time to try something else. At least Moore has a bit of pace which can get him out to trouble in some situations. 
The other alternative might be to play Hunt/Vyner there who have some full back experience. 
What I’m trying to say is please god not Mariappa again 

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

I do agree, but I think the Mariappa experiment has proven to have failed and it’s time to try something else. At least Moore has a bit of pace which can get him out to trouble in some situations. 
The other alternative might be to play Hunt/Vyner there who have some full back experience. 
What I’m trying to say is please god not Mariappa again 

I think TM is a better bet, he can use his left foot as he showed yesterday and is deceptively fast, earlier when we were stuck for a LCB it was Moore who stepped up to do it, not Vyner.  Not sure Vyner or Hunt is any better on the left, but if they are you could put TM as RB.

Archived