IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thoughts on trying Nagy there temporarily? Seems to have the right sort of attributes to fill in short term. 

He'd certainly run enough for the role that's for sure. It's just try plug the hole until Sessegnon or Nurse return I guess. Even COD I think would be an ideal LWB.

57 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Towler never seemed the most mobile of defenders, maybe left side in a back three but then who's the LWB gonna be. 

Good look to the kid if ends up making his debut, especially in an unfamiliar position!

Towler is starting at wing back mate.

Going to be an awkward watch. Wish him the best of luck.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If it was me - I’d try something like this

Bentley

Vyner, Kalas, Mawson, Towler

Williams, Bakinson

Semenyo, Palmer, Lansbury

Wells

Nice team, although, for me, Nagy has been our best midfielder this season and Massengo our best midfielder in our last two games. They would also provide a bit more energy than Tyreeq. I do like Bakinson, looks a class act but he does need to work on his concentration IMHO. 

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Nice team, although, for me, Nagy has been our best midfielder this season and Massengo our best midfielder in our last two games. They would also provide a bit more energy than Tyreeq. I do like Bakinson, looks a class act but he does need to work on his concentration IMHO. 

Fair comments. In hindsight Massengo should probably play ahead of Bakinson. Feel Palmer and Lansbury definitely need minutes so want to see them start. Williams too.

1 hour ago, Lenners said:

Towler is starting at wing back mate.

Going to be an awkward watch. Wish him the best of luck.

As far as I’m aware I don’t think he’s played LB for City, let alone LWB.  Brave shout.  Good luck to the lad.

Hes only relatively recently moved to CB / LCB from midfield.  The bits I’ve seen is that he’s composed on the ball....I just hope the 5 months training every day with the first team has speeded up his development.

On 07/02/2021 at 14:31, Simon79 said:

Bentley

Vyner              Kalas            Mawson

Nagy                                                                                                         Hunt

Williams             Lansbury

Palmer

Paterson               

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As far as I’m aware I don’t think he’s played LB for City, let alone LWB.  Brave shout.  Good luck to the lad.

Hes only relatively recently moved to CB / LCB from midfield.  The bits I’ve seen is that he’s composed on the ball....I just hope the 5 months training every day with the first team has speeded up his development.

All I know is he's a big lad, 6 foot 4, a sweet left foot and loves a tackle...

Are you up for the cup? Well as much as the players seemed up for the severnside derby at least...

Concussion subs are in use.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/feb/08/concussion-subs-permitted-in-emirates-fa-cup-fifth-round-20210502

I heard Dean Holden's given up on finding a solution at left back. He's throwing in the Towler...

Sorry.

I guess I just want a performance tonight, a reaction, a few chances, to have a go, front foot football, busy bees and USPs! I want to breathe the fresh air dammit!

COYR!

Given that Sheff Utd are down and out in terms of the league, this is all they have to play for. I would expect a comfortable 2-0 win for them.

They have improved recently too - won two of last 4 PL games including one away at Man U. The other two narrow defeats v Man City and Chelsea.

Personally I'm not excited about this at all - its all about getting this season done and returning in the championship next season hopefully without all the injuries and possibly without Holden.

Archived