IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Personally I'm not excited about this at all - its all about getting this season done and returning in the championship next season hopefully without all the injuries and possibly without Holden.

Talk about wishing your life away..! 

What a bizzare way of looking at things, whilst half way through the current season and heading into a 5th round FA Cup match...

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Talk about wishing your life away..! 

What a bizzare way of looking at things, whilst half way through the current season and heading into a 5th round FA Cup match...

Because if we get through then we cant even go to the first QF we would have reached in x years. Football all about experiences and watching my team from home in an empty stadium is not an experience I enjoy particularly. So yeh not excited at all or about the rest of this covid season.

For anyone who has seen Ryley Towler play what’s he like? Is he quick, aggressive, good passer or anything else worth knowing. Has he ever played LB or LWB before as thought he was a CM converted to CBS’s? 

Brilliant to see another Bristol boy from academy get a start & good luck Ryley 

13 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Because if we get through then we cant even go to the first QF we would have reached in x years. Football all about experiences and watching my team from home in an empty stadium is not an experience I enjoy particularly. So yeh not excited at all or about the rest of this covid season.

Yeah it's shite, but it's all we've got at the moment. 

I agree it is horrible not being there and it would be gutting to miss a massive match, but better to be involved in them, than not. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah it's shite, but it's all we've got at the moment. 

I agree it is horrible not being there and it would be gutting to miss a massive match, but better to be involved in them, than not. 

Which is why I'm quite happy to go out this round and finish mid table this season all ready for a proper season next. The only thing that has been frustrating this season is the quality of football as watching from home you can't enjoy anything except that.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think I remember Tins saying Towler is 6 foot 3.

It probably makes sense in some ways him being wing back with extra protection in Mawson or whoever plays left centre back.

But I'm not sure he's used to chasing up and down the line. Usually when I think of good wing backs I think of shorter players with great energy. 

Would be interesting to see Vyner on the other wing back role and have Moore - Kalas - Mawson along the back 3.

Would be like 5 centre backs then when all pushed back defending.

Yes, he’s at least 2 inches taller than the same height Vince Harper (???)...and from what I’ve seen generally in limited viewings, he isn’t a “tackler”.  He’s a nice composed left footed footballer.

Not a galloper imho either.

Big chance for him to shine though.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think I remember Tins saying Towler is 6 foot 3.

It probably makes sense in some ways him being wing back with extra protection in Mawson or whoever plays left centre back.

But I'm not sure he's used to chasing up and down the line. Usually when I think of good wing backs I think of shorter players with great energy. 

Would be interesting to see Vyner on the other wing back role and have Moore - Kalas - Mawson along the back 3.

Would be like 5 centre backs then when all pushed back defending.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, he’s at least 2 inches taller than the same height Vince Harper (???)...and from what I’ve seen generally in limited viewings, he isn’t a “tackler”.  He’s a nice composed left footed footballer.

Not a galloper imho either.

Big chance for him to shine though.

Agree with both these posts

Seen him a couple of times though a while back

Looked ‘ok’ but Baldwin looked better when I saw them

Might have developed and kicked on but he didn’t excite at that time or have immediate qualities that say someone like Kelly had

Anyway , Good Luck to him if he does play 

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Help me out. Ryley  Towler, central midfield, contract runs out this year. Is he left footed or right footed., or is he strong on both feet?

Left

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ryley’s grandad was my manager at wick & I played with his dad in the same team. Ryley wasn’t even born last time I saw either of them ??‍???‍?

I played for Wick with Big Jon Towler, he used to phone up in his high pitch voice on the Friday and say “alright Danny, alright for Saturday?”, I played in goal!  Hard as nails on the pitch!  

18 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Strangely I'm looking forward to the game. Hopefully as we are on TV (I player) we will turn up and actually have a decent game.. 

It will be interesting to see how the team and Holden apply themselves. Could a heavy defeat and dreadful performance cost him his job? Probably not but feels like he hasn't got long.

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It will be interesting to see how the team and Holden apply themselves. Could a heavy defeat and dreadful performance cost him his job? Probably not but feels like he hasn't got long.

I would think he has the next three games but who knows he could just be another yes man Steve loves.

Archived