IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

So..... we have ended up going with 4 centre halves, a kid making his debut at left wing-back, and Williams and Paterson that have 55 mins of 1st team football between them in 4 months, at the expense of Nagy who has carried us at times, and HNM who has been our main bright spark in the last couple of games but is the fall guy again.

Add to that an insistence to play a centre forward that has been anonymous and is leaving since the window shut paired with a guy who we signed on the basis of being able to lead a line on his own at QPR.

The “Kasey Palmer Experiment” is ongoing as no-one seemingly knows what to do with him.

Hope I am wrong and we win tonight but then what for Saturday? Dean likes to go unchanged after a win (keeper aside)....

Could lose both and then selection not justified. Honestly wish I could see the plan. I would have been picking my strongest tonight - club needs a lift, I am not sure that is it, but then more worryingly not sure Dean knows what it is either.

Have very much been an advocate of Vyner in Centre Mid, but only because of our lack of options. 

No reason to play him there IMO when Massengo has come in an been excellent (and we also have Nagy & Bakinson). I'd have rather seen round pegs in round holes where possible and moved him back into the back 3 instead of Moore, who we know loves a howler. Would have given us more pace at the back and probably enabled us to retain possession a bit better in midfield.

Good luck to Towler, no pressure on him at all. Just hope he's not too demoralized come the end!! 

Dean Holden should hang his head in shame at selecting a player that he works with and sees in training every day, when it's clear that the otib experts, who have more than likely never seen him kick a football, are adamant that he's unable to play in the selected position (without knowing for certain which position he'll be asked to play. Could be CB or LWB). 

Let's see how the game goes first, eh..? 

Remember that most liked the look of the line up pre-Cardiff game..! 

Ps: I agree with the concerns over Taylor Moore, although that is based on the wild notion of having seen him play several times..! 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

However I don't know what more Nagy can do. And if Holden doesn't really fancy him after the way he's played this season then I expect he isn't a Holden favourite and will be sold if we get decent enough offers in the summer.

We look back to pre season pecking order.

Massengo ahead of Bakinson and Nagy

I really don't think he likes Nagy, which is fair if you're looking for a stronger midfielder type (Vyner frame if not attitude)

Nagy - playing well consistently - dropped

HNM - arguably MOM in his last two outings - dropped

Vyner, a defender, in midfield. 

A debut at left back, an area widely known as our weak spot. Good luck to the guy. Hope he does well. 

Got to hope Paterson and Williams are on top form after long injury layoffs or we’ll be overrun in the middle. 

Wasn’t confident before, less so now seeing that lineup 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Holden clearly prefers Vyner to Nagy, Bakinson and Massengo.

To be fair I think Vyner has done well. 

Bakinson shown his quality and I think will go on to be a quality regular starter for us in the future.

Massengo can become brilliant from 19 to his early 20s.

However I don't know what more Nagy can do. And if Holden doesn't really fancy him after the way he's played this season then I expect he isn't a Holden favourite and will be sold if we get decent enough offers in the summer.

Vyner done ok but he’s not a midfielder. Nagy in with  williams & pato and vyner in the back 3 . I honestly can’t see the logic  in this line up 

An XI that looks quite strong at first glance. Then you start to look at it in detail and the oddities jump out at you.

Best of luck to Towler, Moore, Vyner and O'Leary. There's alot resting on the shoulders of Kalas, Paterson and Diedhiou to lead those young lads through this and organise the team into an effective unit.

Bogle v Towler...not sure I see beyond Sheff Utd winning that particular battle.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Holden clearly prefers Vyner to Nagy, Bakinson and Massengo.

To be fair I think Vyner has done well. 

Bakinson shown his quality and I think will go on to be a quality regular starter for us in the future.

Massengo can become brilliant from 19 to his early 20s.

Let’s hope Holden is gone before the summer so that doesn’t happen - a proper manager would surely rate a player of Nagy’s ability..!

Archived