IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Did well, good game.

Towler gave us some balance, promising.

Better when Massengo and Nagy came on,gave us some forward impetus that was seriously lacking earlier.

Happy with that performance.

Who would have thought that bring on the best midfielder this season and the best midfielder in the last three games would improve us?  Oh yes, that’s right EVERYBODY. 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really depressing reading some of the comments on this thread.  I see a very decent performance, marred by an undeserved red card.

Its a bit drab and lifeless. We lack any belief on ball. But I agree there are definitely positives. Defence. Towler at LB has shored up that side. And the subs have all looked lively - KP for second game in a row. 

I'd be up for a front two of Semenyo and KP given the form of the other strikers we have but doubt that's a popular view (and will never happen so..)

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing that occurred to me.

Don't think that the penalty was wrong, probably red card too but VAR only at PL grounds?

Rights and wrongs aside, at AG it wouldn't have been a penalty. Probably.

Apart from VAR being absolute shite, the fact they can have it in some games in the same competition and not others is also a joke. Especially when it has such a huge impact.

8 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Actually thinking about it playing with ten men without Wells is probably more effective for than playing with 11 with Wells in the team so no wonder we’ve done better in the last ten minutes!

Wells is an absolute liability. He sucks  the energy out of the team. He is not a team player with a bad attitude. For me the best chance we Had was just in the 2nd half when he chose to shoot and not pass to Paterson who was totally unmarked. Seriously crap 

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well done Towler. Let's start playing him regularly. And if we have a young right back in the U23's then kick out Hunt and play him instead. The free kick by Hunt at the end summed him up.

Sessegnon played yesterday, one or two weeks till he's back I'd expect, interview implied he may play a couple more for them. After him they seem to be using a 1st year scholar (16/17 year old) at right back 

Just now, NotRoyal said:

Wells is an absolute liability. He sucks  the energy out of the team. He is not a team player with a bad attitude. For me the best chance we Had was just in the 2nd half when he chose to shoot and not pass to Paterson who was totally unmarked. Seriously crap 

Winds me up with his needless fouling all the time 

I can take the losing, but we’re just sooooooo boring to watch. 

We’re in trouble have no doubts about that. Midfield was the major concern. 

Now add a newly totally disinterest Fam, to an already disinterested Wells, injured and old Martin and non-goal scoring Semenyo. Hardly an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Plus, not forgetting, no left back. 

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

He was top scorer in the league before he came to us & if you watch footage of his time there, he looked exactly the same. Just the way he is I suppose. 

I can deal with disinterested, a lot of great strikers look disinterested, but they actually do the biz when they get their one moment in a game, this fella doesn’t. Missing an open Pato sums the bloke up. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not trying to slaughter one player but what does Jack Hunt bring to BCFC? I could add others but not the purpose of this post,

An energetic offering from the team, never really in it for a result but neither was it an awful performance.

Towler can feel proud of his first team debut. 

When he gets it right - not always - he’s our best crosser of the ball.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing that occurred to me.

Don't think that the penalty was wrong, probably red card too but VAR only at PL grounds?

Rights and wrongs aside, at AG it wouldn't have been a penalty. Probably.

Agree re VAR, doesn't make sense in this competition - either its at all games or none.

Definite penalty, Mawson unlucky to get a red for it though.

Archived