IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not trying to slaughter one player but what does Jack Hunt bring to BCFC? I could add others but not the purpose of this post,

An energetic offering from the team, never really in it for a result but neither was it an awful performance.

Towler can feel proud of his first team debut. 

Yeah I think weakness in full back area is a big hidden issue for us. Maybe not hidden over last few weeks on left. But we give away the ball so much in full back position. JH's pass completion can't be much higher than 60%.

Generally a reasonable run out.

Positives:

Towler - lightweight but otherwise did really well and has a great future.

Taylor Moore - solid IMO

Max - as always looks good.

Negatives:

Lack of fire power in the final 3rd. Fam is good but the others are just sub standard. Our GD in the league confirms this.

We will survive the season with no doubt but to progress is another story.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing that occurred to me.

Don't think that the penalty was wrong, probably red card too but VAR only at PL grounds?

Rights and wrongs aside, at AG it wouldn't have been a penalty. Probably.

It’s ridiculous having a competition where this exists only at 20 grounds, it’s hardly a level playing field and while we didn’t look like scoring neither did they really 

VAR should either be at every game or none 

A narrow defeat against a PL team is OK: unfortunately it brough also an injury (Dean and his staff are at fault for this one) and a red card (clear cut chance, so IMO it was the right decision).

Positives: 1) Towler looks good, and maybe could solve our LB issue; 2) we defendend well against the Blades; 3) having Pato back could give us more attacking threat in the league; 4) now we can concentrate on the Championship.

Negatives: losing Mawson (for 1 or 3 games?) and probably Williams (for many games, I fear), but also the lack of goals (especially from Wells).

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Well played City .........with few additions and departures we might have a side.  No disgrace, and we will play Sheff Utd again next season.

You really have become accustomed to the terrible standard of football that we have to endure and therefore have set the bar very low.

If you found any attacking threat or, God forbid, some entertainment in that performance then you're a true optimist.

O'Leary - awful decision making.  not just the rushes of blood but also at corners.

Kalas and Mawson top class.  Mawson very unlucky with that decision

Moore top class although he still seems to mis-control when under pressure

Towler - great start but he will face better teams even if he plays again this season

Paterson - grim.  If you want to lose the ball in your own half when players have stepped forward, let "Pato" have it.

Wells - very poor.  Fammy - just averagely poor

It feels like Semenyo, Massengo, Nagy could be so much better with a manager who plays with a bit of positivity.

Therefore, sack Holden now.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

That was a free hit tonight. A chance to get some confidence in the players have a few shots let them play with freedom. But no negative boring shit. 

I thought we were compact enough, had some nice passing moves but certainly insufficient threat. Hopefully Towler will get a run of games at LB/LWB if the other options out.

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Who would have thought that bring on the best midfielder this season and the best midfielder in the last three games would improve us?  Oh yes, that’s right EVERYBODY. 

Sorry everybody but the fake coaches we have.

Strange when we had the extra person in midfield and Semenyo up front we started playing the ball on the deck and looking OK rather than lumping up field back to sheffield

We played more football in the last 10 mins than in the first 80. With Semenyo and Palmer on we had a bit more energy and invention  The subs should have come on at half time Hunt was turgid, we could learn a lot from tonight. We have the players but it has to be a high energy approach not a laboured stroll. It’s taken Holden until tonight to play a left back in the left back position! The team selection and set up is our biggest problem 

Archived