Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

My annoyance is more with the rule really, deflection from thigh onto hand and not deliberate make it incredibly harsh, should have to be a deliberate hand ball to be red as the penalty is a big advantage from an unintentional action

Exactly and the game is worse for it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Not really, can’t say I’ve seen anything of note from him all year, other than generally looking disinterested. I’d show more heart than him and I’m slightly rotund and almost 50

He was top scorer in the league before he came to us & if you watch footage of his time there, he looked exactly the same. Just the way he is I suppose. 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Did well, good game.

Towler gave us some balance, promising.

Better when Massengo and Nagy came on,gave us some forward impetus that was seriously lacking earlier.

Happy with that performance.

Who would have thought that bring on the best midfielder this season and the best midfielder in the last three games would improve us?  Oh yes, that’s right EVERYBODY. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really depressing reading some of the comments on this thread.  I see a very decent performance, marred by an undeserved red card.

Its a bit drab and lifeless. We lack any belief on ball. But I agree there are definitely positives. Defence. Towler at LB has shored up that side. And the subs have all looked lively - KP for second game in a row. 

I'd be up for a front two of Semenyo and KP given the form of the other strikers we have but doubt that's a popular view (and will never happen so..)

I'm not trying to slaughter one player but what does Jack Hunt bring to BCFC? I could add others but not the purpose of this post,

An energetic offering from the team, never really in it for a result but neither was it an awful performance.

Towler can feel proud of his first team debut. 

No disgrace in that. Despite the Blades 63% possession they only just edged us in shots on target as we defended well. Can't complain about the penalty devision but I think the red card is harsh: it's not as if he made a keepers save or punched the ball off the line. Young Towler did OK I thought. Main concern may be injury to Williams. 

• Like 2
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing that occurred to me.

Don't think that the penalty was wrong, probably red card too but VAR only at PL grounds?

Rights and wrongs aside, at AG it wouldn't have been a penalty. Probably.

Apart from VAR being absolute shite, the fact they can have it in some games in the same competition and not others is also a joke. Especially when it has such a huge impact.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Actually thinking about it playing with ten men without Wells is probably more effective for than playing with 11 with Wells in the team so no wonder we’ve done better in the last ten minutes!

Wells is an absolute liability. He sucks  the energy out of the team. He is not a team player with a bad attitude. For me the best chance we Had was just in the 2nd half when he chose to shoot and not pass to Paterson who was totally unmarked. Seriously crap 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

What is Jack Hunt's passing ability on football manager?

Don't know as don't do it but I imagine very good.

Hunt is easily the best crosser of a ball in our team.  Unfortunately, give him a dead ball... :no:

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

His commentary was awful, imagine being sat on a plane next to him......

You wouldn’t need to down a few stiff drinks before take-off to get any kip on the plane, would up you?

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well done Towler. Let's start playing him regularly. And if we have a young right back in the U23's then kick out Hunt and play him instead. The free kick by Hunt at the end summed him up.

Sessegnon played yesterday, one or two weeks till he's back I'd expect, interview implied he may play a couple more for them. After him they seem to be using a 1st year scholar (16/17 year old) at right back