IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

We played ok

Wells not squaring was crminal, Diedhou was abysmal.  Brewster was even worse though

Deffo a Pen and a Red

We looked massively better with Nagy, Massengo, Palmer and Semenyo on. 

Towler was superb. 

Can we start 4-4-1-1

I've seen games where we've been given the penalty but the player who gave it away and was already on a yellow stayed on the pitch - no card given!

Just now, bris red said:

Nah I don’t share your optimism, I genuinely can’t see where our next win will come from. We are in trouble right now IMO.

Think we will be ok overall, think there are 3 teams worse than us, thank god the for start of the season though, else I agree we’d be a spot of bother. Not totally optimistic about Watford and Reading mind.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

These people still don’t get it, **** knows why. Sack Dean and guess who gets to take 6 weeks appointing the next nondescript doomed to failure Manager.

Indeed. When Dean gets the sack which he will at some point its dumb and dumber who will them embark on another ‘’long and vigorous process’’ to find the next doomed manager.. 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We werent terrible, but, still. Went out with a whimper sadly. We really don't have much to look forward to with this coaching setup imo. 

This is what pisses me off more than anything . We don’t have a go . What the **** are we scared of , it’s not Russian roulette . It’s a cup game against a team that’s vulnerable . I was amazed Semenyo was on the bench. The ******* lot needs to go.  It’s passive it’s boring . Everyone is waiting for something to happen 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought we were compact enough, had some nice passing moves but certainly insufficient threat. Hopefully Towler will get a run of games at LB/LWB if the other options out.

Agree but that is standard for a professional football club. The same as it is standard to create chances and score goals. If we were winning games 1-0 I could stomach it . But we aren’t scoring or creating we aren’t keeping clean sheets and we are not winning games. We are in free for all and it’s very concerning IMO

6 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

You really have become accustomed to the terrible standard of football that we have to endure and therefore have set the bar very low.

If you found any attacking threat or, God forbid, some entertainment in that performance then you're a true optimist.

Our final 3rd performance is a worry I agree but generally tonight we did ok. Not the result I wanted obviously but I do take some positives from the game.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

You really have become accustomed to the terrible standard of football that we have to endure and therefore have set the bar very low.

If you found any attacking threat or, God forbid, some entertainment in that performance then you're a true optimist.

As i have said elsewhere we need pace upfront and bite in midfield...........but we are not too faraway with 2 or 3 additions and after giving Wells his pension.......we defended well, but have no attack

5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

We played ok

Wells not squaring was crminal, Diedhou was abysmal.  Brewster was even worse though

Deffo a Pen and a Red

We looked massively better with Nagy, Massengo, Palmer and Semenyo on. 

Towler was superb. 

Can we start 4-4-1-1

Utter shite . Pen yes, never a red . We were playing against a team lacking confidence , like ourselves but we had **** all to lose . Pluses. Williams, pato . Negative . The ******* manager 

8 minutes ago, City1970 said:

They are not the problem, they were appointed by the problem. 

They are the problem. I’m afraid. No positivity. No possession or pattern of play. At times we were like a pub team Ashton does not train them and pick the team. There are enough good players at the club to get better results than we are getting 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

We could have lost 5-0 and it still wouldn't have been as bad as some make out.

Agreed. Seriously, some people should take a break from both the forum and watching City. You can literally see the mental health deterioration in a few. It’s just constant moan, whinge, negativity and it’s day after day. People are spending two hours of their life dreaming up how the table will look in 6 games time, literally talking themselves into a “we’re doomed scenario”.

We ain’t that good and it’s not changing any time soon. We will muddle through and get the results we need to stay up THIS SEASON but pretty it certainly won’t be.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Disagree. I thought he looked pretty dodgy this evening. Came out for unneeded balls, and was lucky(?) for the Pen as the ball went under his body before cleared. 

He has shown his class before. Ok made a couple of mistakes but hey he's human. If Bentley was to move on I would have no problem with Max between the sticks. He did make a few good saves if you didn't see them.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

These people still don’t get it, **** knows why. Sack Dean and guess who gets to take 6 weeks appointing the next nondescript doomed to failure Manager.

The fact MA appointed LJ at the right time is the only thing that gives me the idea there’s a small chance he may get it right

7 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I would like to see a midfield three of Massengo, Williams and Palmer behind Semenyo and Paterson personally 

Totally agree would play semenyo up top on his own , bit of a gamble as he is not great in front of goal but he can bully play in behind and create space for Palmer and pato behind to exploit . 

Worth a go , can’t be any worse that Nahki wells atm .

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

Well it was not to bad, but lets face the reality. Sheffield United are bottom by a long way in the league above us, and were the better team tonight. We are as a club at best mid table Championship and worst a bottom of the league club. It hurts me to say that.

No, Sheffield are bottom 3 by a distance not bottom by a distance.

Certainly not a classic and the better team won. We looked well organized defensively and as usual we’re lacking up front with no real chances, mind if only NW had squared it to Pato.....

Williams going off injured is a big concern and Jack Hunt looked to be struggling at the end, losing Mawson for league games is another downer.

Increasingly I have the feeling we just need to get through this season, give everyone a decent rest and start afresh next season.

Archived