IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

Fair play we had a right go at em tonight . Proper cup tie and we played with blood and thunder . Deano and his staff can’t take great pride in our performance and us fans are lucky to have a young up and coming manager leading  us to the Premiership. His recruitment of two experienced England youth coaches has proved a master stroke . We have so much to push for this season and the promised land isn’t too far away 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Fair play we had a right go at em tonight . Proper cup tie and we played with blood and thunder . Deano and his staff can’t take great pride in our performance and us fans are lucky to have a young up and coming manager leading  us to the Premiership. His recruitment of two experienced England youth coaches has proved a master stroke . We have so much to push for this season and the promised land isn’t too far away 

He's just said "the season is on now". 

Hold on to your trousers everyone.

59 minutes ago, NotRoyal said:

They are the problem. I’m afraid. No positivity. No possession or pattern of play. At times we were like a pub team Ashton does not train them and pick the team. There are enough good players at the club to get better results than we are getting 

Agree with all that, but the buck stops at the top. 

49 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We needed to buy a striker with pace, not Wells, he is all wrong for a side with no wingers...

Well, he seems to be played as a winger most of the time so perhaps he is expected to cross it to himself?! Laughable, he’s a striker, put him in the f@cking box and get the ball to him. He will probably leave and score shedloads of goals at a club that realises he is a striker ... 

30 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Exactly. Changes were way too late. Why can’t we at lest have a go. It’s a cup competition. Keeper didn’t even come up for Hunt’ pinpoint free kick.

The problem was, it was balancing staying in the game for a final push vs trying to get back into it. 11 v 10, 1 down etc. Agree on the lack of O'Leary coming up however.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, he seems to be played as a winger most of the time so perhaps he is expected to cross it to himself?! Laughable, he’s a striker, put him in the f@cking box and get the ball to him. He will probably leave and score shedloads of goals at a club that realises he is a striker ... 

Ones that play to his strengths too.

Not a fan of pairing him with Diedhiou. Rather have him maybe alongside Semenyo with Palmer behind or perhaps Paterson wide left, Semenyo wide right with Wells central.

Were Weimann fit this would also help. Definitely shouldn't have Wells in a wider role though. Weakens us offensively and defensively.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The problem was, it was balancing staying in the game for a final push vs trying to get back into it. 11 v 10, 1 down etc. Agree on the lack of O'Leary coming up however.

I don't think we looked any worse when we were down a man. I'm not sure that's a complement given the implication.

32 minutes ago, Zed@BCFC said:

We seem to be going through the motions of expecting to lose, but hoping we get a chance out of nowhere that can change things. It's hard to watch a team with a blunt attack and selfish striker and few chances created which seem to be getting fewer by the game.  Yes you need to start from the back and be organized defensively but apart from eager youth tonight a soulless, aimless team display.

Entertainment is not expected anymore but a team that tries until the final whistle is always respected by the fans.

The appointment of experience is a factor, you just have to take a jealous look at Bristol rugby and the difference a world class coach makes assisted by quality players.  Yes it's cheaper but does the current setup realize that  to succeed in football costs.  They need to be honest and tell us what their real aims are.  The Premiership is not going to happen with the current leadership - starting with CEO.

How much do you think we need to spend then.

Transfer fees, wages etc.

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You are seriously mental mate. Proper nut job !

I should look in the mirror my Ole fruit

6 yr old tantrums , doesn’t  know the rules , obnoxious ..... I’ll leave it there 

I think you  have serious issues

Back in your box, ........or should I say ......cupboard

Breath on you is wasted 

* If you want to keep it going and call me names like a little girl please free feel to message me and we can carry on the discussion without boring others 

Archived