IGNORED

Sheffield United (A) - Weds 10th Feb 19:30 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome at full time?

• Bristol City Win
    • Draw (goes to extra time and penalties.)
    • Sheffield United Win
  2. 2. How many will City score?

• 3+ (Our only two times this season were in cup competitions!)
  3. 3. How many will Sheffield United score?

• 3+ (They've only done this once this season... guess who against! I'll give you a clue, they're loyal and true.)
  4. 4. IF it's a draw at full time, what's the outcome?

• Bristol City win after extra time.
    • Bristol City win after penalties.
    • Sheffield United win after extra time.
    • Sheffield United win after penalties.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/21 at 19:31

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I rate Nagy. 

People had a problem with me saying in the summer that I thought Nagy was somewhere near the bottom of Holden's preferred midfielders out of all our options and that he probably wants to sell him.

I based that on the fact that Korey was ahead of him end of last season for Holden and he didn't want to keep Korey. Nagy had been fit for quite some time so didn't seem like it was because of coming back from an injury.

However this season he came in for Bakinson against Huddersfield and was superb and certainly back then was outstanding in that run in the side. 

Even more recently I tend to see him as one of our better performers even if he hasn't been as good as he had been in earlier months. But back then he was in the single pivot where he seems more effective rather than in a 2.

So even after doing really well he can't get in. He's not a Holden favourite imo and will be gone if we get a half decent offer.

Nagy has been asked to do a crazy amount of work in that midfield. I’m guessing he’s being rested.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Holden clearly prefers Vyner to Nagy, Bakinson and Massengo.

To be fair I think Vyner has done well. 

Bakinson shown his quality and I think will go on to be a quality regular starter for us in the future.

Massengo can become brilliant from 19 to his early 20s.

However I don't know what more Nagy can do. And if Holden doesn't really fancy him after the way he's played this season then I expect he isn't a Holden favourite and will be sold if we get decent enough offers in the summer.

What more can he do? Influence a game? Boss a midfield? Dont see the fuss about him tbh.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bell and Antoine on at half time for Wells and Diedhiou if the game if we are losing. Why not 

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thankyou Yoda?

The farce is strong with this coach.

:) 

12 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Nagy - playing well consistently - dropped

HNM - arguably MOM in his last two outings - dropped

Vyner, a defender, in midfield. 

A debut at left back, an area widely known as our weak spot. Good luck to the guy. Hope he does well. 

Got to hope Paterson and Williams are on top form after long injury layoffs or we’ll be overrun in the middle. 

Wasn’t confident before, less so now seeing that lineup 

Is it dropped or is it cup rotation? Is Bentley dropped?

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Good luck to Towler tonight. Hope he has a great debut. Hope that he is not left too isolated on the left as Bogle had been one of Sheff United's main attacking threats recently.

If the BBC are right he won't get to see much of Bogle!

Screenshot_20210210-191428_Ecosia.jpg

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yes an extended rest in a 5th round FA Cup tie following his resting in our local derby that ended with us having now lost more than we have won this season.

He could be carrying a knock? Who knows? He’s done more work than anyone in that midfield and the last thing we need is another fatigue injury for people to get their teeth into. My guess is he’ll be back playing in the vast majority of our remaining games.

Archived