IGNORED

Another red has sadly left us

phantom

• Admin

Really gutted to have heard lifelong friend and fellow City fan Lester Solway has lost his battle with cancer.

He passed away listening to The Wurzels earlier today.

I first met Lester watching Weston-super-Mare FC and other time got more involved in the club there, he even roped me into repainting their old Woodspring Park ground one summer !!

When we realised we had a mutual liking of all things Bristol City we started following City more and more, home and away

Those that know about the "Yellow Submarine" he was a regular on the early coach trips that were organised including the infamous double decker bus to Sheffield Wednesday

He always had a smile on his face and would light up a room with his funny anecdotes and jokes

May he now Rest In Peace

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Really gutted to have heard lifelong friend and fellow City fan Lester Solway has lost his battle with cancer.

I first met Lester watching Weston-super-Mare FC and other time got more involved in the club there, he even roped me into repainting their old Woodspring Park ground one summer !!

When we realised we had a mutual liking of all things Bristol City we started following City more and more, home and away

Those that know about the "Yellow Submarine" he was a regular on the early coach trips that were organised including the infamous double decker bus to Sheffield Wednesday

He always had a smile on his face and would light up a room with his funny anecdotes and jokes

May he now Rest In Peace

Bloody funny trip to Sheff Wed on that bus! Enjoyable times with the Subbers.

RIP Lester

1 hour ago, phantom said:

May he now Rest In Peace

Very sad to hear your news. May Lester rest peacefully.

Archived