IGNORED

Another red has sadly left us

phantom

Ah gutted to hear this - Lester lived near me where I grew up in Weston, I started going to City with his step-son, Dave. Both immense characters and Lester was die hard. Debated with him the merits (and otherwise) of LJ tenure last year, I had no idea he was poorly. Used to love the post match cider in the Ship where he really would always tell it how it was! Rest well mate. 

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Now I`ve seen the picture I know who it is now - funny how you can see people in the same setting for years without knowing their names.

RIP Lester.

Same as you, seen him around loads over the years but like many other fans I see, I didn’t know his name.

I was thinking this the other day, how many faces I know and have seen age over the years, they’re a part of my life but I don’t really know them. There’s  a guy I can remember seeing around 1980, I can remember thinking he looked a bit like Terry Cooper at the time. I swear I’ve see him home and away every game I’ve been to, haven’t a clue who he is or where he’s from. So many others too.

RIP Fellow red

Archived