IGNORED

Williams

Hampshire Red

I could be hard on Wells by saying extra pressure has been put on every player has been overstretched playing with 10men every time NW plays. 

Not sure we'll ever know the real reasons for all these injuries that ha e transformed a top 2squad into half a senior squad still needing 4 wins to stay up. 

Sad and unfortunate but do t you just wish posters on here would realise it's injuries not DH that have caused our losses. Ask Clip Klopp to do well with 10 top players out! He makes enough excuses with one CB out. 

35 minutes ago, tin said:

That’s what you get for rushing him back from a long-term injury with only one U23 game under his belt, unfortunately. Hopefully he only went off as a precaution and it’s not too bad.

Yep and I think some could misunderstand the term rushing him back. I have no doubts he was fit to come back into the first team but two starts in a row 4 days apart after not playing for 6-7 months is mad. Especially as this was a cup game. Also have to factor in 70 minutes in a u23 match a week ago. We have enough midfielders that he didn’t have to start tonight. 

• Admin
41 minutes ago, tin said:

That’s what you get for rushing him back from a long-term injury with only one U23 game under his belt, unfortunately. Hopefully he only went off as a precaution and it’s not too bad.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep and I think some could misunderstand the term rushing him back. I have no doubts he was fit to come back into the first team but two starts in a row 4 days apart after not playing for 6-7 months is mad. Especially as this was a cup game. Also have to factor in 70 minutes in a u23 match a week ago. We have enough midfielders that he didn’t have to start tonight. 

Sorry to be pedantic he played twice for U23s 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Totally mad. It’s not like Holden was short of options in central midfield tonight. Any one of Nagy, Massengo, Bakinson or Palmer could’ve been used instead. Holden’s to blame if Williams is out for another long spell, IMO. Let’s hope he’s not.

Bottom line is this.

You can bemoan luck over injuries all you like. You can blame a gypsy curse, game frequency, need to play certain players.

But if you play someone just off six months out with a hamstring injury twice in five days after they’ve only played 100 minutes in the U23 that’s not bad luck. That’s moronic.

28 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I could be hard on Wells by saying extra pressure has been put on every player has been overstretched playing with 10men every time NW plays. 

Not sure we'll ever know the real reasons for all these injuries that ha e transformed a top 2squad into half a senior squad still needing 4 wins to stay up. 

Sad and unfortunate but do t you just wish posters on here would realise it's injuries not DH that have caused our losses. Ask Clip Klopp to do well with 10 top players out! He makes enough excuses with one CB out. 

It’s not having the balls to play youth in there natural position over experience out of.  

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Oh Jesus. I missed the game... is Williams injured again?!

Yes. I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to the game but think he was holding his calf and told the physio its gone. That is a lip reading though. Didn’t look horrible but even a slight strain or pull and could be a month. 

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Totally mad. It’s not like Holden was short of options in central midfield either. Any one of Nagy, Massengo, Bakinson or Palmer could’ve been used instead. Holden’s to blame if Williams is out for another long spell, IMO. Let’s hope he’s not.

Especially the 3 more traditional cm you mentioned have played well in spells over the course of this season. Also Paterson been given a lot of minutes since his return as well. I get they are important players but was this game important enough to risk them both from the start? 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Especially the 3 more traditional cm you mentioned have played well in spells over the course of this season. Also Paterson been given a lot of minutes since his return as well. I get they are important players but was this game important enough to risk them both from the start? 

Holden’s got previous for this, mind. Earlier in the season I used the term “running them into the ground”, referring to his reluctance to rotate Weimann and Paterson. They soon looked tired and eventually got injured. He’s done the same with Williams and Pato since they’ve returned. Why bring Palmer back if Pato’s going to be an automatic pick? He should be phasing them back in slowly after injury IMO, especially when he has a plethora of options in those positions — and that’s not said in hindsight, it’s common sense.

56 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bottom line is this.

You can bemoan luck over injuries all you like. You can blame a gypsy curse, game frequency, need to play certain players.

But if you play someone just off six months out with a hamstring injury twice in five days after they’ve only played 100 minutes in the U23 that’s not bad luck. That’s moronic.

Deano: "We are following the science."

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Could see today what he can bring. Very good all round player. 

Agreed. Grew into the game, understandably, but gave glimpses of being a cut above every other midfielder we have. Just after half time he bravely won a 50/50 challenge against 2 sheffield players, not long after nearly split the sheffield defence with a long threaded pass that was cut out at the last .

Then went off injured!

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed. Grew into the game, understandably, but gave glimpses of being a cut above every other midfielder we have. Just after half time he bravely won a 50/50 challenge against 2 sheffield players, not long after nearly split the sheffield defence with a long threaded pass that was cut out at the last .

Then went off injured!

Yeah.  He looks proper.  Clearly a leader too..

Archived