IGNORED

Towler

daored

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Finally, a positive from a game!

Very solid debut, but as always, young lad, keep expectations realistic.

Good on the ball, but needs to be stronger - which is to be expected for an 18 year old. 

I agree , season is over for us now. Prime opportunity to give the likes of Towler regular game time, look at options upfront let’s play people who want to be here next season 

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Good debut , good positional play. Has to start Saturday 

Yeah - I'm not going to get carried away after one game but he was solid and looked more at home on the left side of defence than any of our fit players at the moment.

I feel Moore has earned a chance to cover for Mawson too, to be honest. 

Just now, daored said:

I agree , season is over for us now. Prime opportunity to give the likes of Towler regular game time, look at options upfront let’s play people who want to be here next season 

I've been saying this for a while - despite giving a few youth players more games, it's taking 4 or more injuries in their position for them to get on the pitch for more than 10 minutes under Holden.

Time to look to next season and give them all debuts and experience. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I'm not going to get carried away after one game but he was solid and looked more at home on the left side of defence than any of our fit players at the moment.

I feel Moore has earned a chance to cover for Mawson too, to be honest. 

I’d rather play Moore right now , Mawson unlikely to be here next season (Fulham likely to get relegated). Plus Towler over Marippa who again unlikely to be here next season 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Thought he, understandably, looked a bit unsure of himself early on but grew into it and was very good after half time.

Exactly how I saw it, very conservative first half with his use of the ball, but actually,  when he got his head up and looked forwards, did very well.

As far as 18 year old debuts go, the lad can feel very pleased with himself tonight.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That volleyed back heal on the touchline was class.

Had a very assured display. More excited about what's to come in a few years maybe but at 18, that is some performance. 

Reminds me a bit of Kelly. Looks about the same height, taller than Mawson when lined up. And deceptively quick. Got a calmness to his play.

He could even get forward last 10 mins or so when we had Semenyo up top with Palmer in behind. Some actual all round strength, pace and technical ability in forward areas. 

Gambled in the second half could have been through on goal! we’re meant to have a pathway Saturday will prove it 

Played ok but I don’t think we should get carried away.

Looks neat and tidy on the ball.

But for a ‘left back’ looked a bit light weight and lacked aggression for me. Very young so will get physically stronger.

I would like to see what he is like going forward. If he plays in a back 5 will need to get forward more.

Archived