IGNORED

Towler

daored

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

He's 6ft 8 and built like a brick sh*t'ouse.

"Went by the name of Towler. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell!"

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nothing better than a Bristol boy playing for our club . Well done RT

Ryley: always remember: You are representing, and holding the dreams of, and responsible for the happiness of, hundreds if not thousands of overweight undersexed disillusioned miserable sad moaning semi-alcoholic junk food fattenned middle and old aged - and balding - men on OTIB. Whose glory days are well behind us, er, them. The glory is down to you, now.

Good luck, son.

2 hours ago, daored said:

Good debut , good positional play. Has to start Saturday 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, daored said:

Gambled in the second half could have been through on goal! we’re meant to have a pathway Saturday will prove it 

As debuts go, the young man did well well, as many have said he grew into the game.

Think it was deliberate that Williams played left side to help him, and he played it pretty safe.  No surprise with that, ease yourself into the game, find your feet.

Got caught out of position a couple of times, but this is a well-drilled Utd side who knows their 352 inside out.

As for Saturday, let’s see how he comes through Thursday and Friday first of all.  We saw with Vyner’s debut at MKD, and subsequent roasting by Jamie Murphy on the Tuesday (0-4 Brighton) that you sometimes get a come down in the next game, especially so soon after.

Ismaela Sarr on the right wing for Watford who play 4231/442, and Holden might not even go 352, especially with Mawson, so I doubt think pathway lip-service needs to be the shout if he doesn’t start on Saturday.

Sink or swim tonight.  Definitely a swim.

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Let’s not get carried away. Bogle looked their most dangerous player and our left side did little to close him down and limit his impact.

I know we are all searching for positives and I hope he comes good, but I fear he’s not yet up to a strong Championship winger. Sorry.

I fear you fell for the commentary love in for Bogle, who may have taken up 1 or 2 good positions, didn't actually do anything apart from miss a complete sitter. McGoldrick was the danger man tonight and when he drifted out wide he was ineffective. When he came inside, our non-existent midfield allowed him to ditacte the play. Was not down to Towler.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s because “he likes a tackle” isn’t true. ???

I'm not convinced yet! Biggest tackle of the night - oo-err - was Williams with a full lunge and I winced when he went in for it, mainly cos I thought it could break him.

Archived