IGNORED

We lack any sort of penetration

Major Isewater

I genuinely think Semenyo up front, poss with Palmer behind is the way we have to go. FD and NW are completely static imo and part of the problem. It was the same issue with Martin. Semenyo may be, at best, an inconsistent finisher but he will pull people out of position and run channels, creating space for others. 

We would then have to get midfielders in the box in support. 

28 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

:laugh: Not much in the way of foreplay either, Major

I got a DVD called The Secrets of Foreplay.

It was OK but I fast forwarded through the boring bit at the beginning.

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

I genuinely think Semenyo up front, poss with Palmer behind is the way we have to go. FD and NW are completely static imo and part of the problem. It was the same issue with Martin. Semenyo may be, at best, an inconsistent finisher but he will pull people out of position and run channels, creating space for others. 

We would then have to get midfielders in the box in support. 

im with you on this 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Let’s face it, none of us would bother to watch City games if we didn’t support them. The football is dire.

Zero ambition, always safety first, no movement and no attacking threat. We have been the same for the last 2-3 seasons, it’s all so depressing.

No broadcaster wanted us on tele, we were pushed to iplayer as we were deemed even less attractive to the neutral than Holby City. 

Which is completely fair. 

10 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On paper pretty much our entire squad have a decent pedigree to their careers, I am now firmly of the thinking that it's the coaching set up that isn't getting the most out of the players now, in truth not even 50% of their capabilities.

This is the problem.

It’s been posted many times now, but the truth is the latter part of Johnson’s time and now Holden, are somehow contriving to create a whole less than the sum of all parts.

Quite an achievement really.

Wells is a prime example of this. Somebody who when a team play to his strengths, scores 20 a year. We sign him and expect him to fit our model? Why? Why sign him? What surprise can there be when he doesn’t score 20 a season?

16 minutes ago, 054123 said:

This is the problem.

It’s been posted many times now, but the truth is the latter part of Johnson’s time and now Holden, are somehow contriving to create a whole less than the sum of all parts.

Quite an achievement really.

Wells is a prime example of this. Somebody who when a team play to his strengths, scores 20 a year. We sign him and expect him to fit our model? Why? Why sign him? What surprise can there be when he doesn’t score 20 a season?

He’s never scored 20 league goals in a season , even in League 2

And hit 20 in all competitions once in his career - whilst in League 2

He never was what many seemed to think

Archived