IGNORED

Season Over

TomThumb84

So, after 5 days, 3 shots on target, 0 goals, 2 defeats and 1 red card, thats that I think folks.

If there was a couple of matches where we needed the up and at ‘em words of our Head Coach to translate to the pitch then these last two were it.

Despite the magnitude of a local derby to push on to the Top 6, and a place in the QF’s of the FA Cup up for grabs we have been served up a diabolical display and a so/so plucky display against a side bottom of the Prem and 10 league places above us.

Of more concern will be that there are people who think we actually had a go and left it all on the pitch. The complete acceptance that we are maximising our potential.

Out of both competitions, with a whimper, February 10th.

Positives - Towler, Nagy (again), HNM (again), Vyner. 

We had a better shape today and I thought up to the front two we did as much as could be expected. We look like we get’ 5-3-2 more. Front two were just not at the races today.

It’s not tonight’s performance. It’s the rest of the last couple of months that have been the problem. I do not think we looked a bad side tonight.

Isn't this the most amount of FA cup games we've won and furthest we've gone in like 17 years? Hardly a whimper.

We lost to a team who played their strongest possible team against our 2nd choice goalie 6th choice left back, 4th choice centre back, 2 players just back from injury and 2 strikers who don't want to be here. If you were expecting some kind of prime Total Ajax football, then I suggest you stop making the same topics every day and just add your comments onto the other 560 topics which they can be lost in.

Season isn't over. There are 18 games left in the championship. There are 46 games in a season if you didn't know, not 28.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

We had a better shape today and I thought up to the front two we did as much as could be expected. We look like we get’ 5-3-2 more. Front two were just not at the races today.

It’s not tonight’s performance. It’s the rest of the last couple of months that have been the problem. I do not think we looked a bad side tonight.

Not as bad - but its a low benchmark.

37% possession 

2 shots on target

1 corner

We need to be more than be happy we are a containing outfit and “not awful”.

Was just thinking the same myself. Seems like light years ago that we were playing decent football and giving Man City a game, home and away. Now we struggle against most sides in our league and play dire football. 

As I've said several times before. We are a rudderless ship, drifting slowly along. We will continue to develop some decent talent and they will be sold at a healthy profit. 

The owner won't employ a top quality manager, unlike his rugby team and we will stagnate in the championship unless the wheels really come off and we're relegated. 

Bristol feckin Sport my arse

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

Isn't this the most amount of FA cup games we've won and furthest we've gone in like 17 years? Hardly a whimper.

We lost to a team who played their strongest possible team against our 2nd choice goalie 6th choice left back, 4th choice centre back, 2 players just back from injury and 2 strikers who don't want to be here. If you were expecting some kind of prime Total Ajax football, then I suggest you stop making the same topics every day and just add your comments onto the other 560 topics which they can be lost in.

Season isn't over. There are 18 games left in the championship. There are 46 games in a season if you didn't know, not 28.

@TomThumb84 is a swindon fan so our season being over in Feb is quite realistic

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

We lost to a team with 3 league wins all season whilst mustering 37% possession and 2 shots on target with a QF place up for grabs, whilst extending our current form to 2 wins in 12.

What will it take for you to begin to accept that we are not working right now?

Was that honestly a satisfying blood and thunder, throw the kitchen sink at it cup tie performance for you?

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@TomThumb84 is a swindon fan so our season being over in Feb is quite realistic

Grow up. On what basis do you make that statement?

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Not as bad - but its a low benchmark.

37% possession 

2 shots on target

1 corner

We need to be more than be happy we are a containing outfit and “not awful”.

I get that entirely, and clearly the top two were very poor.

Tactically for what it is worth, I thought we got it as right as we could today to get an upset. It just went the other way. As far as being a ‘containing’ side the issue recently is we have been very poor at that too. We were never going to blow them away. We looked a mid table Championship side, which is a lot better than some of our efforts recently.

Biggest frustration is the Williams injury for me. If that is down to playing him too early, for shame on the club.

The bar is so low these days in terms of what a good performance is. That was poor again against a team full of championship players bar a couple and people seem to accept it. The standard of attacking play I’ve watched this season has been nothing short of abysmal.

Just now, Hocca said:

The bar is so low these days in terms of what a good performance is. That was poor again against a team full of championship players bar a couple and people seem to accept it. The standard of attacking play I’ve watched this season has been nothing short of abysmal.

Absolutely!! Standards are so low a 10 minute period in the game that resulted in zero shots on goal is being hailed as a turned corner.

We are absolutely shite to watch and have been for months.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I wouldn't hold your breath

Its obvious why he was appointed - a cheap appointment to keep City going during uncertain times. To start with they talked of a big experienced name coming but as it became apparent that life wouldn't be normal anytime soon they had to reassess. I don't think he will be here long term.

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Absolutely!! Standards are so low a 10 minute period in the game that resulted in zero shots on goal is being hailed as a turned corner.

We are absolutely shite to watch and have been for months.

I find it astounding that some are almost celebrating that we did not get smashed tonight and managed a couple of passes in a few spaced-out passages of play.

We have gone out of the Cup tonight without much of a fuss and a portion of the fanbase are in a state of apathetic bliss about it.

2 wins in 12 dreary games and ah well never mind, be grateful blah blah blah.

It’s been over for a while now but until point accumulations say otherwise there is still hope but my god what turn around is needed, some would say a miracle. I Keep looking down at the moment and not up, what’s the gap to the relegation zone?! Because its being closed. 

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not quite over, but I fear the entertainment is. 

In value-for-money terms, this is the worst performing team this club has ever assembled. The football is utter garbage. 

There’s a lot of over the top garbage spouted on here by people unable to control their emotions but I can’t argue with this post at all. Spot on.

First things first: I wanted us to win tonight. I always want us to win.

But to lose like that helps nobody.

Deano will come out and say we went toe to toe with a premier league side and were only undone by a VAR penalty. Same as every week where we only lose by one or two because Bents saves us so we can say it’s been fine margins. The xG stats say otherwise.

So, tonight. In the first half Sheff Utd hit the bar when it’s easier to score. A header at close range somehow goes into Max’s hands. We should be 2-0 down. 

We have our one good moment ballsed by Wells.

Coming up to the pen, it was coming. They stepped up, we stepped back.

Another escape straight after the pen.

Burke squares to Fleck at the last and it should be another.

So, it ends up 1-0. Dean gets his narrative which doesn’t touch reality when you look at the balance of clear chances. And “we go again”.

I want us to win against Watford, whoever’s in charge. But a huge part of me says if we were to lose it would have been better for the chances to go as above, lose 5-1 and give Holden his P45 than the 1-0 which allows the Holden “close” narrative to continue and bleed into future games.

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Its obvious why he was appointed - a cheap appointment to keep City going during uncertain times. To start with they talked of a big experienced name coming but as it became apparent that life wouldn't be normal anytime soon they had to reassess. I don't think he will be here long term.

I hope you're right. I really do. I just trust those in charge to make the right decision, the next time one has to be made.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Thought they were both pretty anonymous, everything Wells touched looked half hearted. 

Two pathetic strikes in quick succession at the end of the first half, don't get me started about the shocking selfishness at the start of the second half. 

Diedhiou with no affective touches all game 

Neither looked like scoring 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

First things first: I wanted us to win tonight. I always want us to win.

But to lose like that helps nobody.

Deano will come out and say we went toe to toe with a premier league side and were only undone by a VAR penalty. Same as every week where we only lose by one or two because Bents saves us so we can say it’s been fine margins. The xG stats say otherwise.

So, tonight. In the first half Sheff Utd hit the bar when it’s easier to score. A header at close range somehow goes into Max’s hands. We should be 2-0 down. 

We have our one good moment ballsed by Wells.

Coming up to the pen, it was coming. They stepped up, we stepped back.

Another escape straight after the pen.

Burke squares to Fleck at the last and it should be another.

So, it ends up 1-0. Dean gets his narrative which doesn’t touch reality when you look at the balance of clear chances. And “we go again”.

I want us to win against Watford, whoever’s in charge. But a huge part of me says if we were to lose it would have been better for the chances to go as above, lose 5-1 and give Holden his P45 than the 1-0 which allows the Holden “close” narrative to continue and bleed into future games.

A sad sign of the times

You are a pretty positive poster Silvio and when you post above it’s a sign things are bad 

Can’t disagree with any of it

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I hope you're right. I really do. I just trust those in charge to make the right decision, the next time one has to be made.

For them as the covid thing got worse, it made sense as if he was a success then it will be great but if not then it was just someone to tide us over during what I call a 'joke' or not proper season. I can see the logic in it - if we were all able to go he would never have been appointed.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yeah it's a weird one. Slow motion makes things look worse. Don't get why they don't look at full speed as well as slow mo.

Because they are stupid - things are always easy to spot every little thing in slow motion but from anyone who has ever played the game, it doesn't work like that. Mawson is running to defend the goal so of course his arms aren't going to be by his side yet the rules say he should go. Nonsense rules implemented made by people with no common sense. The players all want rid of it as do the fans yet nothing will happen.

Archived