IGNORED

Season Over

TomThumb84

17 minutes ago, Hocca said:

The bar is so low these days in terms of what a good performance is. That was poor again against a team full of championship players bar a couple and people seem to accept it. The standard of attacking play I’ve watched this season has been nothing short of abysmal.

SUFC we’re awful - a championship team in waiting. Unfortunately for us so we’re Fam & Wells.

14 minutes ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

I would honestly have a massive Player overhaul in the summer and also get a new manager in.  

All players out of contract release. You’d look to sign Mawson but he’d be too expensive and if Fulham are relegated will probably go there. I’d give contracts to Walsh, Pato and Weimann.

Management clear first.

25 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

We lost to a team with 3 league wins all season whilst mustering 37% possession and 2 shots on target with a QF place up for grabs, whilst extending our current form to 2 wins in 12.

What will it take for you to begin to accept that we are not working right now?

Was that honestly a satisfying blood and thunder, throw the kitchen sink at it cup tie performance for you?

Grow up. On what basis do you make that statement?

We lost to a team who beat Man Utd at OT a couple of weeks ago!!! 

42 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

So, after 5 days, 3 shots on target, 0 goals, 2 defeats and 1 red card, thats that I think folks.

If there was a couple of matches where we needed the up and at ‘em words of our Head Coach to translate to the pitch then these last two were it.

Despite the magnitude of a local derby to push on to the Top 6, and a place in the QF’s of the FA Cup up for grabs we have been served up a diabolical display and a so/so plucky display against a side bottom of the Prem and 10 league places above us.

Of more concern will be that there are people who think we actually had a go and left it all on the pitch. The complete acceptance that we are maximising our potential.

Out of both competitions, with a whimper, February 10th.

Positives - Towler, Nagy (again), HNM (again), Vyner. 

So where exactly do you see us ?

Worth mentioning that Sheff U have won 2 of their last 4 PL games and the other 2 were lost by one gol against Chelsea and Man City. They are clearly improving although obviously too late to save them from going down.

2 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Season is not over. If you do the math we can still relegate and judging how we play we are the worst team out of the 24 ones. Every game will be tough.

Maths

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Worth mentioning that Sheff U have won 2 of their last 4 PL games and the other 2 were lost by one gol against Chelsea and Man City. They are clearly improving although obviously too late to save them from going down.

Maths

A+
Gold Star

Mihai is Romanaian -  I think his English is excellent

Hows your Romanian ?

30 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Your post, what do you think

Is it a trick question?

I think we are on a run of 3 wins in 11, (not 2 from 12 as I said in error) have now lost more league games than we have won, have lost in a Cup game, rarely create more than 3 shots on target, and are more likely than not to miss our self-proclaimed objective of finishing in the Top 6 by a long way.

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Maths

Thank you for that ! I

I am not born in UK and clearly I am not living there. Even so, I am sure that my English is pretty decent for a conversation with you and for even a job that requires English skills. It will get only better not worse.

And by the way, my English is more like a US English so "do the math" is perfectly fine. Have a nice evening !

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Thank you for that ! I

I am not born in UK and clearly I am not living there. Even so, I am sure that my English is pretty decent for a conversation with you and for even a job that requires English skills. It will get only better not worse.

And by the way, my English is more like a US English so "do the math" is perfectly fine. Have a nice evening !

Good man ??

Just now, Mihai said:

Thank you for that ! I

No your English is good although like you say Math is an American thing and I'm not a massive fan of it.

My response to you was an obscure reference to a scene in tv show called Peep Show - more just a reaction to hearing it.

6 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Thank you for that ! I

Your English is not ‘pretty decent’

Its excellent Mihai ???? ??

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No your English is good although like you say Math is an American thing and I'm not a massive fan of it.

My response to you was an obscure reference to a scene in tv show called Peep Show - more just a reaction to hearing it.

We are okay, no worries. I love Bristol City ( despite our run ) and I like to keep an eye on this forum and be a part of it.

In the past some people made fun of my English a few times and in 2008-2009 for sure it was bad when I made this account but I was only a teenager.

And if I use some US phrases..yeah.. It is from watching movies and most of them are made by Americans with their accent. That is normal, I can't hear a lot of English and most of it comes from Movies and a bit from my job where I can hear 100 different accents but none is UK.

I remember back then in London my first time in England I had problems talking with some people until I got used with the UK accent, and a buddy from Liverpool that I met in Bucharest had a very hard to understand accent, clearly not the universal one. ( He had to repeat himself a lot ) haha. 

Cheers ! 

18 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Is it a trick question?

I think we are on a run of 2 wins in 12, have now lost more league games than we have won, have lost in a Cup game, rarely create more than 3 shots on target, and are more likely than not to miss our self-proclaimed objective of finishing in the Top 6 by a long way.

Good idea to check your facts I think

Just now, Mihai said:

We are okay, no worries. I love Bristol City ( despite our run ) and I like to keep an eye on this forum and be a part of it.

In the past some people made fun of my English a few times and in 2008-2009 for sure it was bad when I made this account but I was only a teenager.

And if I use some US phrases..yeah.. It is from watching movies and most of them are made by Americans with their accent. That is normal, I can't hear a lot of English and most of it comes from Movies and a bit from my job where I can hear 100 different accents but none is UK.

I remember back then in London my first time in England I had problems talking with some people until I got used with the UK accent, and a buddy from Liverpool that I met in Bucharest had a very hard to understand accent, clearly not the universal one. ( He had to repeat himself a lot ) haha. 

Cheers ! 

Understandable on the American thing. Good effort being a City fan from Romania!

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

....in a tv show, if we’re being pedants about people’s (second)  language skills, surely? 

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Cheers ! 

God bless you for choosing Bristol City, you poor sod!

If you’re looking for a second team to look out for, can I suggest Shrewsbury Town?! ? 

Archived