IGNORED

Season Over

TomThumb84

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Understandable on the American thing. Good effort being a City fan from Romania!

Yeah, and it is not easy to be a City fan, a lot of ups and downs but... 15 years passed and I am still here, waiting for a promotion ( hope to be before I will become a grandpa)

I hope to have a holiday in Bristol in the next year after this stupid pandemic will be over, but it is not easy to travel very often for sure.

Just now, Mihai said:

Yeah, and it is not easy to be a City fan, a lot of ups and downs but... 15 years passed and I am still here, waiting for a promotion ( hope to be before I will become a grandpa)

I hope to have a holiday in Bristol in the next year after this stupid pandemic will be over, but it is not easy to travel very often for sure.

What's the story then for you supporting Bristol City. I mean 15 years ago we were in league one - seems odd timing? Unless that was year we went up under GJ? 

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Isn't this the most amount of FA cup games we've won and furthest we've gone in like 17 years? Hardly a whimper.

We lost to a team who played their strongest possible team against our 2nd choice goalie 6th choice left back, 4th choice centre back, 2 players just back from injury and 2 strikers who don't want to be here. If you were expecting some kind of prime Total Ajax football, then I suggest you stop making the same topics every day and just add your comments onto the other 560 topics which they can be lost in.

Season isn't over. There are 18 games left in the championship. There are 46 games in a season if you didn't know, not 28.

I wasn't expecting Ajax football, but a bit more Vim would've been nice.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Ahhhh sorry, it’ 3 wins from 11 or 4 from 12 in the league. My mistake, we are brilliant after all, and our form, tactics and style of play is of no concern.

Sorry everyone.

So you were wrong ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Either way it's a good idea to check your facts before posting bollox.

Love you anyway xx

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

What's the story then for you supporting Bristol City. I mean 15 years ago we were in league one - seems odd timing? Unless that was year we went up under GJ? 

It is a long story and I am on my phone hard to make a nice text as I did in a few posts during the years.

But in a faster way it is kinda like this. It was that year when we went up, the FA cup unexpected runs of lower league teams made me check every week results and despite my first sympathy for Nottingham ( I knew their story from 70-80's) I chose Bristol probably during the halfway of that season cause they had a good run and I started a career in Fifa with the and I placed some bets ( through my dad, cause I was too young to bet ) and every time Bristol was the team to get me some money. I placed safe bets and Bristol which had bigger odds that is normal in Lower Leagues.

After the promotion we had that good start, I had a lot of info already about Npower Champ at that time it I remember, had different sponsor.  The feeling of this League was special. Every time I prefer to support teams that have not the odds beside them. City went direct to my soul and even if it was a disappointing season most of the time clearly that is making me a supporter if I am still here.

During the time a lot of people supports smaller teams for a short period of time. They can not be named supporters, probably another word is more appropriate. But judging about what I feel in my stomach when we get close to score or we survive a dangerous attack from the opponents I am considering myself a City supporter, in the same way as I was with Steaua Bucharest which now is in strange situation 

Yes; I think the season is over.

We are meandering along to mid table obscurity. The football's dreadfully dull. The tactics are mind boggling at times. His motivational skills are non existent. He's consistently outwitted by all of the other Championship coaches/managers. I am not having injuries as an excuse for shambolic niave tactics and formations. Witness tonight by taking a forward off when we're  1:0 down and sticking a right footed midfielder on to play wide left yet again.

Holden's losses are starting to mount up and hopefully it's only a matter of time before he gets the Spanish Archer because he's way out of his depth.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So you were wrong ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Either way it's a good idea to check your facts before posting bollox.

Love you anyway xx

Yes I was wrong with my original “2 from 12”.

Pointing it out helpfully would have been appreciated rather than taking an odd elongated way of going about it, but whatever floats your boat.

I stand by my views though with my posts. Our form is alarming.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yes I was wrong with my original “2 from 12”.

Pointing it out helpfully would have been appreciated rather than taking an odd elongated way of going about it, but whatever floats your boat.

I stand by my views though with my posts. Our form is alarming.

You were making the point, not me.  Don't go pushing it back in my face to make me look the arse. If making rash and inaccurate statements floats your boat then that is your problem not mine.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

You were making the point, not me.  Don't go pushing it back in my face to make me look the arse. If making rash and inaccurate statements floats your boat then that is your problem not mine.

It was not rash but was inaccurate which I have now admitted and acknowledged. Just not sure I would have gone about it as you did.

Lets relax, draw a line and look forward to Watford (a) in a few days time.

Xx

16 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Ahhhh sorry, it’s 3 wins from 11 or 4 from 13 in the league. My mistake, we are brilliant after all, and our form, tactics and style of play is of no concern.

Sorry everyone.

Is it not 5 wins in 11 if you include cup?

2-1 v Wycombe - WIN

1-2 v Luton - LOSS

2-1 v Portsmouth - WIN

2-0 v Preston - WIN

0-2 v Norwich - LOSS

3-0 v Millwall - WIN

2-1 v Huddersfield - WIN

0-1 v Derby - LOSS

2-3 v Brentford - LOSS

0-2 v Cardiff - LOSS

0-1 v Sheff Utd - LOSS

1 minute ago, grifty said:

2-1 v Wycombe - WIN

1-2 v Luton - LOSS

2-1 v Portsmouth - WIN

2-0 v Preston - WIN

0-2 v Norwich - LOSS

3-0 v Millwall - WIN

2-1 v Huddersfield - WIN

0-1 v Derby - LOSS

2-3 v Brentford - LOSS

0-2 v Cardiff - LOSS

0-1 v Sheff Utd - LOSS

Yes, And 4 from 13 in the league. I was incorrect in my haste to post and my disappointment at a cup defeat.

Sincerest apologies.

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

2-1 v Wycombe - WIN

1-2 v Luton - LOSS

2-1 v Portsmouth - WIN

2-0 v Preston - WIN

0-2 v Norwich - LOSS

3-0 v Millwall - WIN

2-1 v Huddersfield - WIN

0-1 v Derby - LOSS

2-3 v Brentford - LOSS

0-2 v Cardiff - LOSS

0-1 v Sheff Utd - LOSS

1 win in last 5 although 2 were against the top 2 that we probably wouldn't expect anything from anyway. 

The Derby and Cardiff losses were very poor though. And the Huddersfield win was very poor after 30 minutes. So definitely concern there - we will survive but I do think Holden could at least be more positive. What has he got to lose as if he doesn't he will be gone by end of season.

16 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

It was not rash but was inaccurate which I have now admitted and acknowledged. Just not sure I would have gone about it as you did.

Lets relax, draw a line and look forward to Watford (a) in a few days time.

Xx

Fine by me. Take care and stay safe.

2 hours ago, Mihai said:

It is a long story and I am on my phone hard to make a nice text as I did in a few posts during the years.

But in a faster way it is kinda like this. It was that year when we went up, the FA cup unexpected runs of lower league teams made me check every week results and despite my first sympathy for Nottingham ( I knew their story from 70-80's) I chose Bristol probably during the halfway of that season cause they had a good run and I started a career in Fifa with the and I placed some bets ( through my dad, cause I was too young to bet ) and every time Bristol was the team to get me some money. I placed safe bets and Bristol which had bigger odds that is normal in Lower Leagues.

After the promotion we had that good start, I had a lot of info already about Npower Champ at that time it I remember, had different sponsor.  The feeling of this League was special. Every time I prefer to support teams that have not the odds beside them. City went direct to my soul and even if it was a disappointing season most of the time clearly that is making me a supporter if I am still here.

During the time a lot of people supports smaller teams for a short period of time. They can not be named supporters, probably another word is more appropriate. But judging about what I feel in my stomach when we get close to score or we survive a dangerous attack from the opponents I am considering myself a City supporter, in the same way as I was with Steaua Bucharest which now is in strange situation 

A lovely story.

Thanks for posting and, as several have said on this thread, your English is excellent.

For your information, there is a slight difference between a supporter (suporter) and a fan (fan or amator), as the first one (supporter) actually goes to games and pays money for tickets to 'support' their team, whereas the second one (fan) follows the fortunes of their team, but doesn't actually contribute financially.

I used to be a supporter for many years (decades), going to matches every week, both home and away, but I no longer live in England and only watch live matches once or twice a year when I return home, so I presume I would now be classed as a fan.  

Incidentally, back in the 1980s, the Romanian team you also support, the Ros-Albastrii of Steaua Bucharest, played in one of the most boring European Cup Finals I have ever seen - 0-0 vs Barcelona.

8 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

What will it take for you to begin to accept that we are not working right now?

I started a thread highlighting our lack of attacking threat and am amazed that our coaching staff have not found a successful way , two thirds of the season gone to rectify this situation.

We can all see that Diedhiou, Wells, Martin and Semenyo are good players but they are not scoring enough or even having enough shots at goal.

If you don’t score you don’t win. 

This needs to be addressed because we are on the slide.

7 hours ago, Mihai said:

Then all hope is lost.

8 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Worth mentioning that Sheff U have won 2 of their last 4 PL games and the other 2 were lost by one gol against Chelsea and Man City. They are clearly improving although obviously too late to save them from going down.

Maths

Ali G speaking to Sir Rhode(as he said)Boyson

8 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

1 win in last 5 although 2 were against the top 2 that we probably wouldn't expect anything from anyway. 

Looking at the next 5 I don't expect us to win any of those either. 

I think that while DH may be liked by the players he can't motivate or inspire them. His football is dull and unadventurous.

If we fail to win again this month then it will become clear that our chances of Top 6 will be gone. If they don't make a change then it will be obvious they aren't serious about aiming for promotion. 

10 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

In a covid season, not bothered. Roll on a real season in August when it will all be real again and I suspect Holden will have been let go.

Have to agree here. I don't even know who we have at the weekend anymore, Bored with it now.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

First things first: I wanted us to win tonight. I always want us to win.

But to lose like that helps nobody.

Deano will come out and say we went toe to toe with a premier league side and were only undone by a VAR penalty. Same as every week where we only lose by one or two because Bents saves us so we can say it’s been fine margins. The xG stats say otherwise.

So, tonight. In the first half Sheff Utd hit the bar when it’s easier to score. A header at close range somehow goes into Max’s hands. We should be 2-0 down. 

We have our one good moment ballsed by Wells.

Coming up to the pen, it was coming. They stepped up, we stepped back.

Another escape straight after the pen.

Burke squares to Fleck at the last and it should be another.

So, it ends up 1-0. Dean gets his narrative which doesn’t touch reality when you look at the balance of clear chances. And “we go again”.

I want us to win against Watford, whoever’s in charge. But a huge part of me says if we were to lose it would have been better for the chances to go as above, lose 5-1 and give Holden his P45 than the 1-0 which allows the Holden “close” narrative to continue and bleed into future games.

Agreed. I felt exactly the same in the Millen era.

18 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Looking at the next 5 I don't expect us to win any of those either. 

I think that while DH may be liked by the players he can't motivate or inspire them. His football is dull and unadventurous.

If we fail to win again this month then it will become clear that our chances of Top 6 will be gone. If they don't make a change then it will be obvious they aren't serious about aiming for promotion. 

Whether they say they are aiming for it or not, we simply aren't good enough for top 6. Not even close and never were at any point imo. We are jam packed with very mediocre footballers and younger players learning their trade. Of our squad only Bentley, Kalas and Mawson would get ANYWHERE NEAR the squads of all teams who occupy the top 6. We are so far away from being top 6 material that it's laughable so many people seem to think we are a great squad hamstrung by a poor manager. No, we are a bang average squad with an inexperienced Manager who is so obviously showing his inexperience right now.

Listen to Chris Wilder's comment before the game "good, solid, respected team at Championship level" is pretty much what he said and he's no fool. We are a bang average side who pick up results in very unspectacular fashion and have done for YEARS now and yet people seem to be in denial about it thinking we have some sort of special group of players being mismanaged.

I can't stand the whole "there are x games left, the season isn't over" comments... do you genuinely believe that we're suddenly going to go on a long unbeaten streak after playing some of the worst football we've seen in 5 years? We're currently in relegation form over the past 10 games with a much harder month of opposition coming up, our top goal scorer looks likely to be going on a free, we're flat bottom of the away form table, we still have no tactical identity, players are constantly being injured and we're somehow going to close a gap of 6 points to sneak into 6th in the last part of the season when we can't even win a game away?! We're only 11 points away from the relegation spot and there are only 2 teams with worse form over the last 10 games. 

The fact is that we'd be very lucky to remain in the top half this season and at that point we'll lose Fammy, still be playing players out of position, still lacking any tactical identity and then what players are going to look at us and think "yeah, that's the move for me, go to that club that have no attack and their once strong defence is falling apart under the new management"... 

The biggest kick in the teeth is that I can genuinely see Forest climbing above us before the season is out, over the last 10 games they're 3rd in form, only behind Brentford and Swansea. Hughton has turned them around in less than a season, meanwhile Holden has continued on the mess that he inherited and is partly responsible for and is making it worse! How on earth we're playing worse football than we were at the tail end of LJ's position here is beyond me. Holden may be a "nice guy" but he's a yes man with no tactical depth, Ashton is running this club right now and whilst his signings may have shown some positives as well as his ability to barter good sale deals his ability in picking a manger is fueled purely by him wanting to keep control, even at the clubs expense. Holden and Ashton need to go unless Ashton can bring in a solid manager and allow him to dictate the direction we go in, Holden is done for me, he doesn't have any of the qualities that we require. 

11 hours ago, grifty said:

Isn't this the most amount of FA cup games we've won and furthest we've gone in like 17 years? Hardly a whimper.

We lost to a team who played their strongest possible team against our 2nd choice goalie 6th choice left back, 4th choice centre back, 2 players just back from injury and 2 strikers who don't want to be here. If you were expecting some kind of prime Total Ajax football, then I suggest you stop making the same topics every day and just add your comments onto the other 560 topics which they can be lost in.

Season isn't over. There are 18 games left in the championship. There are 46 games in a season if you didn't know, not 28.

Utter crap. It’s not about the personnel but the message that runs through the club from top to bottom . We’re passive in everything we do. Wycombe are going down no doubt but give no one a easy game , they just lack quality. Rotherham have massive fight in their camp , it comes from the top. We’re starting on that slippery slope again , the millen, mciines era . It’s unfolding before our eyes . We might have enough to stay up this season but if this shambles carries on we are certainties for relegation next season. 

12 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

We lost to a team with 3 league wins all season whilst mustering 37% possession and 2 shots on target with a QF place up for grabs, whilst extending our current form to 2 wins in 12.

What will it take for you to begin to accept that we are not working right now?

Was that honestly a satisfying blood and thunder, throw the kitchen sink at it cup tie performance for you?

Grow up. On what basis do you make that statement?

Whilst I'm not arguing your point, we lost to a team whose results have overshadowed decent performances on occasion. They only tend to lose by the odd goal in a lot of games, and recently beat United.

I'm not saying they were good, but they aren't absolute cannon fodder that their league position may suggest. And they only beat us by a penalty.

In isolation, that result last night wasn't awful, but given the previous offerings it was more of the same shit.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Whilst I'm not arguing your point, we lost to a team whose results have overshadowed decent performances on occasion. They only tend to lose by the odd goal in a lot of games, and recently beat United.

I'm not saying they were good, but they aren't absolute cannon fodder that their league position may suggest. And they only beat us by a penalty.

In isolation, that result last night wasn't awful, but given the previous offerings it was more of the same shit.

Therein lies the problem at the moment. In isolation from a purely footballing perspective you would say that there is an obvious and massive over-reaction to last night. The problem is when you combine it with months of football that is less than pleasing on the eye and a current run of form that only exacerbates that situation then you can see why people are getting very restless. It's bad enough having to sit through poor winning football let alone poor losing football.

When you then hear from a tv commentator that our inexperienced Manager is apparently finding it challenging to cope with politics at the club it defies belief and only highlights how poorly run we seem to be as a club. How can a club as relatively small as ours in the overall scheme of things be so beset by internal politics? Who is answerable for that? Does anyone in ownership care enough to find out?

Archived