IGNORED

Nahki Wells

Bristolisredd

Sam Bell must be grating his teeth on the bench, was the top scorer in the U23's league at point of call up brimming on confidence and has had about 15 mins of 1st team football having not played in a couple of months watching Wells put in performances like that.

Nicest thing you can say is that he doesn’t fit, and to be honest, not many players do when we’re playing so tactically inept.

Hes a natural finisher that isn’t being given any chances to finish.

However, I also don’t think he’s good enough to build a team around and have ten others doing his work. On that basis, irrespective of the above, it’s been a shocking purchase with no resale value. Exactly the sort of signing I hoped we’d left behind.

And then the summer came.

Wells clearly not interested. Clearly not enjoying himself. Clearly either blind or just plain stupid to not play Pato in. Im going with just stupid. 
Ashton not able to commit figures to retaining players yet we are paying what we have for Wells in fee and wages.

Disaster signing. 

You lead from the front. It sets the tempo for the whole team. It helps the rest of the team get up the pitch. It’s such an important and yet under valued part of the game.

Wells and Diedhiou were an absolute waste of space and never looked like doing this. 

If things aren’t going your way, you work your f****** nuts off. Neither of them are interested.

One of our worst signings in recent years.

Sure, he's scored a few. But he's one of our most expensive signings ever, is one of our highest earners, turns 31 this year, is a anti-vax conspiracy theorist, isn't going to be sold for a profit and is well past his peak. If we're going to spend £5m on an average Championship striker it needs to be on someone who's got the best years of their career well ahead of them. 

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Quickly losing patience with Nakhi. Can’t work out whether it’s the set up, the service (obviously) and / or he’s not as good as I initially believed / hoped. 

Desperate for him to do well. Doesn’t seem to fit. We are sh*te though as a team, so may be it’s that. 

Think it’s a bit of both, I don’t think he gets the service. 
The lack of shots over the past 10 Games or so proves that.

Doesn’t help he has played on the wing the majority of the time

unfortunately I don’t think he’s interested in being here. 

When Pato was free and he went on his own summed Wells up .......me first/ team 2nd.  Score then and it’s a different game & agree, he doesn’t seem happy here & whilst I feel for him when played wide, him and Fam were dreadful as a pairing but who else have we got

1 minute ago, J D said:

One of our worst signings in recent years.

Sure, he's scored a few. But he's one of our most expensive signings ever, is one of our highest earners, turns 31 this year, is a anti-vax conspiracy theorist, isn't going to be sold for a profit and is well past his peak. If we're going to spend £5m on an average Championship striker it needs to be on someone who's got the best years of their career well ahead of them. 

....And not on someone who is not interested in being here, from day one.

Archived