IGNORED

Nahki Wells

Bristolisredd

Play him through the middle.

Play Pato as a 10 

Get Seymenyo and Edwards out wide and running at defenders.

Then we will see what he can do.

Sit Williams and Lansbury in midfield 2 and play with Manson and Kalas at centre halves.

Vyner RB and ?? LB and ask them to press higher up (both need pace to get back)

Bentley in goal

Or just play your best players in their best positions.

Bench would be ok as well with players who play as replacements in the same formation - Palmer, Nagy, Bakinson, HNM, Hunt.

The front 3 will be have to play every week. Maybe COD out wide when fit.

3 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Here we go again.why is it on this forum when we lose a player always gets slag off.and tonight's winner is wells.get a life and start supporting the players not slagging them off when a player has a bad game.

Wells didn’t pass to pato 46 seconds into the second half so I’m sorry if some people are peeved off . If he passed it Paterson wouldn’t 95% scored. 

A key to effective teams is the creation of partnerships.

Bents-Kalas-Mawson is the nearest we have.

The rest appear they have just met each other at the Downs Water Tower.

There is no semblance of shape, pattern of play, consistency of selection that provides the remotest chance of player partnerships developing.

It’s an omni-shambles with the most expensively assembled collection of players in our history.

Rip it up and start again time. Sigh.

You have to partially blame coaching and tactics......not that i particularly rate Wells.  He needs to play with wide players, he does not fit in here.  We SHOULD have signed a forward with pace, LJ phecked us over.....or was it Ashton? ..........whatever,  he should never have been signed 

5 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Here we go again.why is it on this forum when we lose a player always gets slag off.and tonight's winner is wells.get a life and start supporting the players not slagging them off when a player has a bad game.

If he’s the regular winner in the who are we going to slag off after we lose competition, then sometimes you have to question why that is. Maybe there is a reason for it.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

He doesn’t want to be here and without really knowing I don’t think he ever wanted the move to begin with!

Shame really but he offers naff all up front

Always had that feeling, Burnley shafted him by selling to us

11 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

When Pato was free and he went on his own summed Wells up .......me first/ team 2nd.  Score then and it’s a different game & agree, he doesn’t seem happy here & whilst I feel for him when played wide, him and Fam were dreadful as a pairing but who else have we got

Bell - who Holden is not giving a chance - and Semenyo would have been a much better pairing than Wells & Fammy.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Bell - who Holden is not giving a chance - and Semenyo would have been a much better pairing than Wells & Fammy.

Well it certainly cannot be any worse. Both have pace and movement and after Towler tonight, Bell must be due a start or more than 5 mins. Fam was clearly playing for a Jan move and effort levels dropped significantly in last couple of games.  Louis Britton is another I’d like to see

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Always had that feeling, Burnley shafted him by selling to us

Effectively we got £3 million cash with them gifting us Wells for Brownhill. A player who has made the most interceptions in the Premier League and is a key performer in a Premier League outfit. 

What with Fam - seemingly already gone in his head - losing £5 mill sales potential for nowt, we ain’t having the best of times on the transfer front at the mo. 

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Effectively we got £3 million cash with them gifting us Wells for Brownhill. A player who has made the most interceptions in the Premier League and is a key performer in a Premier League outfit. 

What with Fam - seemingly already gone in his head - losing £5 mill sales potential for nowt, we ain’t having the best of times on the transfer front at the mo. 

Indeed. Wonder how many clubs will be calling up MA asking him how he managed to pull off this particular transfer master stroke?

In fairness most games Wells is spending more & more time in our half trying recover balls or defend then try to build up the attack. I thought when we signed him he was more of a close range finisher, an out & out striker.

Holden seems to be intent on trying to convert him into some kind of all purpose midfielder & it does my head in.

If we sign a player like this we have to play to his strengths, he’s too old to be converted into the next Bobby Reid.

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Considering high fee, high wages and his age, the worst ever signing? ?

Up there with Tomlin but we did get our money back for him.

I do think Wells can be a success here and Holden uses him in the wrong way. But I still want better than what we are seeing.

Really not sure why he's up there with Tomlin, he scored some memorable and important goals and we did get our money back, nearly £10 million spent on Wells and Palmer and we'll be lucky to get a million back, someone should be answerable for that

The way QPR played suited him to the ground. Bombing wingbacks, midfielders who ran beyond him like Chair and Ball. He has never been one to link up play like we need. He's there to pick up pieces and end attacking phases of play, very very similar to Weimann in that case.

Not great on the ball unless its a first timed finish or within a couple touches.

We don't have the players or style to suit him whatsoever. Been like since hes signed here.

30 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

But how did he score so many at QPRs?

Because he had something called service from his midfield and wide players. Under Johnson's last two years and now Holden there has been something rotten about our tactical and creative play, meaning any striker playing here, even a Kane would struggle to make chances in this team. Is it any wonder that Fam wants out no matter what you offer him.

We are literally turning into a graveyard for strikers at the mo, which is very worrying when it comes to attracting new talent for next season.

Uninterested. Lazy . Waste of money . Rather play someone who’s willing to put in  a shift , Bell must be gutted watching Wells stroll it . 
Unfortunately we’ve not played to his strengths and have even played him left wing, maybe he doesn’t believe in Dean 

Time to face the facts.  Wells’ best years are now receding into history.

Cut our losses and sell when we can still say he didn’t fit our style (ok I know we don’t have one).

Play the youngsters and if one comes off great.  Conway, Bell ?  Then invest properly in summer.  At end of season let Fammy go.  Not good enough at this level.  We need a consistent goal scorer if, big if, we are serious in aiming for promotion.  

Archived