IGNORED

Best commentary all season

the frampton balti

I thought they were both good too.

A reminder if anyone hasn’t listened to it yet, a very good and rare interview on OSIB with JP. In the hour and a half he mentions just about every City player from the 70s as well as great stories about Pele and Bobby Moore amongst others.

Well worth a listen 

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's like what Peter Allis was to golf.

It's comforting to listen to. Informative. I don't need commentators to tell me what's going on the pitch...I can see for myself. With radio it's different.

Can't stand over excited about commentators. Would much rather listen to Pearce.

Spot on. He might come across as old school to some but he knows his stuff and he loves the game. It's a bonus that City are very close to his heart. Enjoyed that tonight.

Great on Robot Wars as well!

8 minutes ago, hollydog said:

I assume this is not a serious comment. 

I swear some people hear a woman’s voice and make their mind up they don’t like them before they’ve finished their first sentence.

She could have a script written by Sir Alex Ferguson and Arséne Wenger and some would be shouting she doesn’t know what she’s talking about

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Highly recommend Stanley's "Cider With..." OSIB podcast with Mr Pearce. 

It's bloody excellent. 

Certainly 2nd that. He has a very intimate relationship with the club a unique insight that i never realised before. It's essential OSIB.

I like his knowledge about the current teams, but needs to stop with the constant 1970s throwbacks of name dropping. Might have been interesting to the over 80s.

Also, this happens on every single channel we are on, BBC, SKY, Robins TV, why do we have to miss half the game with looking at close ups of managers, players who have just had a shot and are invariably spitting on the floor and then 4 replays of shots that go nowhere near the ball?

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I thought they were both good too.

A reminder if anyone hasn’t listened to it yet, a very good and rare interview on OSIB with JP. In the hour and a half he mentions just about every City player from the 70s as well as great stories about Pele and Bobby Moore amongst others.

Well worth a listen 

Would he have gone publicly ballistic if we had scored?

Just like Eric Morecombe did many years ago when, as a director of Luton Town, he was in the BBC commentary team for Luton v City.

Great to listen to even for City fans. Absolutely hilarious!

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Just picked up on the highlights JP’s comments about DH moving from coach to head coach and the challenges of “the politics of the club”. How true!

Thought that was an “interesting” comment.  So he basically thinks MA is a cockwomble too is what I’m reading into it. ???

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I swear some people hear a woman’s voice and make their mind up they don’t like them before they’ve finished their first sentence.

She could have a script written by Sir Alex Ferguson and Arséne Wenger and some would be shouting she doesn’t know what she’s talking about

So she couldn't even write her own stuff, Beeb had to pay Fergie and Wenger! What a waste of hardworking British peoples taxes, it's PC gone mad.

Archived