IGNORED

Best commentary all season

the frampton balti

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

JP started his broadcasting career at RB and that’s why he’s a City fan. His first commentary was Rovers v Exeter so that must why he opted to support City......................:rofl2br:

It started way before his media career RR.

Have a listen to the aforementioned Cider with... from OSIB. He was in and around the club since he was a kid in a way most of us never could be.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

JP started his broadcasting career at RB and that’s why he’s a City fan. His first commentary was Rovers v Exeter so that must why he opted to support City......................:rofl2br:

He's a City fan because he spent his youth in the gantry where his Dad filmed all the City games.

May have been a fan before that. Promising young player too before a badly broken leg ended his career at 15/16.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Must be hard to commentate on such a boring game though!

I was in two minds, it was a little over the top and cringey, but I did admire his deep knowledge of the game and the club.

Like others said, if the game had been more exciting it might have been better

to be honest the game was really boring, I suddenly noticed it was on 89 minutes and we were faffing about passing sideways…I'd lost interest, poor JP was probably at his wits end, as every other BCFC fan!

14 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

he sold the club well tonight,even said club needs more investment into the squad to reach the top 6. everything he said was very factual,

in fairness to him,had he had to stick to the match,there would have been a lot of gaps

I perked up at that point. Didn’t he say something like we’re “waiting for investment”.... didn’t he? 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's a City fan because he spent his youth in the gantry where his Dad filmed all the City games.

May have been a fan before that. Promising young player too before a badly broken leg ended his career at 15/16.

He was at the same primary school as me and was in my younger sister's class- Elmlea in Westbury-on-Trym / Stoke Bishop border.  Kevin Mabbutt was also there  (a year or so older than him).    

Can't remember any gasheads  at all growing up there so would be most likely to support City from those days.

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

He was at the same primary school as me and was in my younger sister's class- Elmlea in Westbury-on-Trym / Stoke Bishop border.  Kevin Mabbutt was also there  (a year or so older than him).    

Can't remember any gasheads  at all growing up there so would be most likely to support City from those days.

Interesting.

I was at Elmlea too; don't remember a Jonathan Pearce, although from wiki he seems to be about 18 months younger than me, so would probably have been 2 years below. 

Kevin Mabbutt joined the school late on, aged 9 or 10, the year below me, but didn't trouble the school football team while I was there!

Don't remember too many football fans there at that age tbh - our lot were more interested in playing football down at Canford Park or Stoke Lodge every hour God gave!

22 hours ago, grifty said:

I like his knowledge about the current teams, but needs to stop with the constant 1970s throwbacks of name dropping. Might have been interesting to the over 80s.

Also, this happens on every single channel we are on, BBC, SKY, Robins TV, why do we have to miss half the game with looking at close ups of managers, players who have just had a shot and are invariably spitting on the floor and then 4 replays of shots that go nowhere near the ball?

Don't decry the 70's Grifty, there was life at the club in those days and a lot of passion. Shame you missed it...397255438_HoldingSlide_fadedversion5.JPG.cc4dd3e08e88e0dd0480de56fcf54063.JPG 

22 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Don't decry the 70's Grifty, there was life at the club in those days and a lot of passion. Shame you missed it...397255438_HoldingSlide_fadedversion5.JPG.cc4dd3e08e88e0dd0480de56fcf54063.JPG 

I may be wrong, but the person standing behind the Spirit of '76 flag looks remarkably like somebody we were discussing on another thread some weeks ago.

Do you (or anybody) know whether that is Neil Winstone?

On 10/02/2021 at 22:31, ralphindevon said:

I swear some people hear a woman’s voice and make their mind up they don’t like them before they’ve finished their first sentence.

She could have a script written by Sir Alex Ferguson and Arséne Wenger and some would be shouting she doesn’t know what she’s talking about

She was awful, coming from a leftie. Was even talking about sizes of doors in the changing room at one point?! Total waffle, because it was total waffle, not because she is a she.

Skipped through most of the comments. Only watched the game till half time then decided to watch something entertaining instead. Even me Mrs said how banal the commentators sounded. Chatting about linesman's gloves and other nonsensical stuff. Probably mainly due to having to just fill in as naff all was happening on the pitch. Sums it up really.

Archived