IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

I think he has a point with the VAR; not sure it should apply in the cup given that some ties will have it and some won't.

I don't think it was a terrible performance all things considered, but the set up of the team was clearly wrong; you could see that by the way Palmer and especially Semenyo changed the way we played when they came on. But Holden seems a little out of his depth at the mo, even if injuries tend to be working against him

I posted this on the “Season Over” thread without seeing this interview (BCFC posted it as I posted)...

Deano will come out and say we went toe to toe with a premier league side and were only undone by a VAR penalty. Same as every week where we only lose by one or two because Bents saves us so we can say it’s been fine margins. The xG stats say otherwise.

So, tonight. In the first half Sheff Utd hit the bar when it’s easier to score. A header at close range somehow goes into Max’s hands. We should be 2-0 down. 

We have our one good moment ballsed by Wells.

Coming up to the pen, it was coming. They stepped up, we stepped back.

Another escape straight after the pen.

Burke squares to Fleck at the last and it should be another.

So, it ends up 1-0. Dean gets his narrative which doesn’t touch reality when you look at the balance of clear chances. And “we go again”.

Listening to the interview

” we got in good areas” - when? We had two shots on target. None post 46 minutes

”This football club gives opportunities” - only in an injury crisis

People slated LJ for doublespeak. Holdens worse. He gives the impression of not even having watched the same game.

Just now, Top Robin said:

Sounds like he's gonna stick with 5 at the back on Saturday.....if he's still around! 

No, I definitely heard him say it was 3-5-2, so 3 at the back!!! ?

He must have watched a different game to me. 

Tonight , I do not think we could have done much more. Whilst the VAR decision was correct, it seems unbalanced when VAR is not used in all games. We did OK. End of. 

We have massive issues, and I find it hard to see Dean suffer in the spotlight. He is not a bad guy, but should never ever ever have been put in the job.  

3 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Tonight , I do not think we could have done much more. Whilst the VAR decision was correct, it seems unbalanced when VAR is not used in all games. We did OK. End of. 

We have massive issues, and I find it hard to see Dean suffer in the spotlight. He is not a bad guy, but should never ever ever have been put in the job.  

Another way of looking at it could be to say he is lucky to have the opportunity - it was no lose for him. Either he did well or he failed as everyone expected.

I don't like what is happening, how the club is run, but that was a reasonable interview from DH. He is out of his comfort zone, should not bei n the job, he is a coach not a boss, we are told a good coach. But in the interview he was fine, honest , reasonable, I agree about  his VAR comments  (even if decision was correct) and we were better than at the weekend. But he is a fish out of water , so to see him suffer is hard. He is a good human being , as we say. (apparently) 

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

I think he has a point with the VAR; not sure it should apply in the cup given that some ties will have it and some won't.

I don't think it was a terrible performance all things considered, but the set up of the team was clearly wrong; you could see that by the way Palmer and especially Semenyo changed the way we played when they came on. But Holden seems a little out of his depth at the mo, even if injuries tend to be working against him

What I don’t like about VAR in the FA Cup is that one team is used to it, the other isn’t....that’s not fair imho.

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Thought Jonathan Pearce made a strange comment during the match, can't remember exactly, but something like he had spoken to DH earlier and he was finding some challenges of being the head coach due to the politics.

Yes on another thread too.

When DH speaks post match..........it always appears that he is trying to convince himself that what he is saying is true, if he says it enough times.,  when it patently is not.   "We'll take it on the chin and move on"  That chin is sure taking some punishment?    I am starting to feel a bit sorry for him.....but by the same token, I really don't; like where the team i support is at the moment.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What I don’t like about VAR in the FA Cup is that one team is used to it, the other isn’t....that’s not fair imho.

It’s ridiculous- if that game is played at AG they don’t get a penalty and we don’t have a player banned, that can’t be right 

Extracts from DH's post-match interview. Hard to argue with any of it.

'I know the penalty was correctly awarded after the ref checked the screen. But I would prefer to get away it, to have the wrong decision made because it would have benefited us - until we get one like that and then I would like the decision to go in our favour.'

'I thought we were real solid tonight and we created two chances. Well, one chance but it would have been a great chance if Nakhi had been good enough to spot the pass. Tomas has had that shot on target as well, which was unlucky. I know the goalkeeper is there to save the ball but it was a shot on target, which is a real massive positive. We would have created other great chances as well if we'd only been able to spot the four or five passes that would get us up the field and near their goal. That was unlucky. It's the way it's going at the moment. Game after game we can't quite find the pass from the full-back to the defensive midfield player that I'm sure would eventually lead to a certain goal. But I'm not making any excuses.'

'We have some great games coming up against the sides just above us. It's exciting. I know we haven't looked like beating a top-six side all season but that's not how we look at it, even if all our fans are worried. We look at it as a real opportunity to get in and around the play-offs. I don't look down the table, I look up. That's me. A real positive person. I don't look at our recent form, or the injuries, or how we've been outplayed in nearly every league match for the last two months and worry. That's for other people.'

5 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Extracts from DH's post-match interview. Hard to argue with any of it.

'I know the penalty was correctly awarded after the ref checked the screen. But I would prefer to get away it, to have the wrong decision made because it would have benefited us - until we get one like that and then I would like the decision to go in our favour.'

'I thought we were real solid tonight and we created two chances. Well, one chance but it would have been a great chance if Nakhi had been good enough to spot the pass. Tomas has had that shot on target as well, which was unlucky. I know the goalkeeper is there to save the ball but it was a shot on target, which is a real massive positive. We would have created other great chances as well if we'd only been able to spot the four or five passes that would get us up the field and near their goal. That was unlucky. It's the way it's going at the moment. Game after game we can't quite find the pass from the full-back to the defensive midfield player that I'm sure would eventually lead to a certain goal. But I'm not making any excuses.'

'We have some great games coming up against the sides just above us. It's exciting. I know we haven't looked like beating a top-six side all season but that's not how we look at it, even if all our fans are worried. We look at it as a real opportunity to get in and around the play-offs. I don't look down the table, I look up. That's me. A real positive person. I don't look at our recent form, or the injuries, or how we've been outplayed in nearly every league match for the last two months and worry. That's for other people.'

Morning Dean. Grab yourself a coffee. COYR 

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

It’s ridiculous- if that game is played at AG they don’t get a penalty and we don’t have a player banned, that can’t be right 

Only banned from his next FA cup match so won’t affect us. Punishments this season are not across competitions but remain within that competition.

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I posted this on the “Season Over” thread without seeing this interview (BCFC posted it as I posted)...

Deano will come out and say we went toe to toe with a premier league side and were only undone by a VAR penalty. Same as every week where we only lose by one or two because Bents saves us so we can say it’s been fine margins. The xG stats say otherwise.

So, tonight. In the first half Sheff Utd hit the bar when it’s easier to score. A header at close range somehow goes into Max’s hands. We should be 2-0 down. 

We have our one good moment ballsed by Wells.

Coming up to the pen, it was coming. They stepped up, we stepped back.

Another escape straight after the pen.

Burke squares to Fleck at the last and it should be another.

So, it ends up 1-0. Dean gets his narrative which doesn’t touch reality when you look at the balance of clear chances. And “we go again”.

Listening to the interview

” we got in good areas” - when? We had two shots on target. None post 46 minutes

”This football club gives opportunities” - only in an injury crisis

People slated LJ for doublespeak. Holdens worse. He gives the impression of not even having watched the same game.

I’ve thought this for the last few months. He actually mentioned exciting football in his pre game interview ! 

21 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Half to agree, you cant have a different rule for half a competition and not the other?

Wasn't it similar in the Carabao Cup when we played Man City - it must have been goal line tech though rather than VAR? We didnt have it but Man C did, so it wasn't used in either leg.

I think it was the right decision but it seems completely unjust that different games in the same competition have different rules just because of where they are played

8 hours ago, 2015 said:

I don't listen to them as it still amazes me this guy manages a Championship football club. Way out of his depth and tells porky pies. LJ was irked because it was mainly corporate speak which fans don't resonate with

Lansdown and Ashton love the likes of you and the other people (not you) who moan like slags at Holden after each defeat. Can’t see the wood from the trees and constantly bagging the fall guy that the upstairs Circus put in place. Like I say it’s all unravelling now with Holden confirming to a tv commentator that the “politics” is making the job difficult.

Surely a good Owner and CEO ensure that a new inexperienced managerial appointment is free of that type of obstacle as they make their way through genuine challenges that we know they will face before you even consider politics UNLESS they have some different motive on their agenda and want him to be the fall guy?

Until people realise that our Owner and CEO are not running this football club properly (or if they are it’s for private reasons unknown) we will continue on our current path. Perhaps the next time these two complete and utter bullshitters spout “Top 6” you’ll see the pair of them for what they are and think for yourself not what they tell you.

Archived