IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

That wasn’t great was it Dean?

No, it wasn’t great. And you know me, I’m not going to hide and I’m not going to make excuses but that isn’t good enough for a football club of this stature. We were undone by a couple of bits of bad luck, the first and third are deflections, and up until the first, for that minute, I thought we more than matched them.

Were there words in the dressing room?

Well, I’ll never be anything but honest, and I’ll honestly tell you we spoke in the dressing room. We spoke at half time, and we made a small change and looked better in the 4-1-4-1 formation - if you look at that second half, they have a lucky shot from 20 yards and then we’re going toe to toe until the end of the game with the second only coming in the last minute when we’re attacking

So, things to build on?

Yeah, definite things to build on. We matched a premier league side for 45 minutes, and only failed from trying to win the half. We’ll go again Tuesday.

You’re nuts aren’t you Dean?

I’m nuts about football! I’m a football man, and that’s why I play the way the fans want to see on a front foot attacking basis. There’s more to come from this group and we’re on the right track

<Man in straitjacket enters left>

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That wasn’t great was it Dean?

No, it wasn’t great. And you know me, I’m not going to hide and I’m not going to make excuses but that isn’t good enough for a football club of this stature. We were undone by a couple of bits of bad luck, the first and third are deflections, and up until the first, for that minute, I thought we more than matched them.

Were there words in the dressing room?

Well, I’ll never be anything but honest, and I’ll honestly tell you we spoke in the dressing room. We spoke at half time, and we made a small change and looked better in the 4-1-4-1 formation - if you look at that second half, they have a lucky shot from 20 yards and then we’re going toe to toe until the end of the game with the second only coming in the last minute when we’re attacking

So, things to build on?

Yeah, definite things to build on. We matched a premier league side for 45 minutes, and only failed from trying to win the half. We’ll go again Tuesday.

You’re nuts aren’t you Dean?

I’m nuts about football! I’m a football man, and that’s why I play the way the fans want to see on a front foot attacking basis. There’s more to come from this group and we’re on the right track

The sad thing is....that's probably what he will say!

Until the first goal we more than matched them.. brilliant ?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Pay credit to the quality of Watford. Premier team. 

We improved second half. 

not good enough. 

we go again. Reading is massive. 

"We have to take it on the chin..........and move on."   That chin will soon be in Intensive care.     We told them when he was appointed, what would happen?  Did they listen?  Did they Pheck?   We would be better off getting the supporters to choose our next manager...........as the buffoons in charge, have No Pheckin Idea!   It truly is a travesty & a disgrace to the long suffering supporters of this club.  ?

Just watched. My overriding reaction was feeling sorry for him. He was emotional, didn’t really have any answers, just talked in platitudes.

He seems a very decent man, but my first emotion shouldn’t be ‘I feel sorry for you’ because it shows deep down I’m sure he doesn’t have the ability to be manager. I should feel angry at the performance, but no. Definitely time to go.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Just watched. My overriding reaction was feeling sorry for him. He was emotional, didn’t really have any answers, just talked on platitudes.

He seems a very decent man, but my first emotion shouldn’t be ‘I feel sorry for you’ because it shows deep down I’m sure he doesn’t have the ability to be manager. I should feel angry at the performance, but no. Definitely time to go.

Yep. Man offered fantastic job and takes it. Not his fault. 

Someone please put him out of his misery. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just watched. My overriding reaction was feeling sorry for him. He was emotional, didn’t really have any answers, just talked in platitudes.

Yes, feel sorry for the guy. Knows he is out if his depth and just going through the text book of post match patter. What can he say?

fair play to him, he won’t hide......not like the spineless Ashton and lansdowns. What’s your plan guys! Going to let this clear failure of a project drag us into the bottom echelons of the championship or even in this form, relegation fight or are you going to do something about it

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Saying something but then saying I am not using that as an excuse!

To be fair the injuries are ridiculous. Towler being 6th choice left wing back for example.

But even with the terrible amount of injuries I expect a team to have some kind of cohesion. On and off the ball clueless.

We have injuries no doubting that , but we could have acted for LB or LWB cover, and defensively we’re short. However , we had Nagy , Palmer, Bakinson & Marippa on the bench today, we have options but seem unable to find a work around (I haven’t included Wells as clearly doesn’t want to be here)

Archived