IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, dREDful said:

He's gone. If not tonight, it won't be long. That is the face of a man who knows it's all over. 

Dead man walking. 

It was, no answers at all. 

Not good enough ? No shit.

Hard work, look in the mirror, we go again.

But no actual insight into how to improve, what we need to do and how to implement it. Everyone who read the team sheet at 2pm could see that the midfield was wrong, Lansbury holding was wrong, and Moore at LCB with Towler at LWB was going to be exposed. Surely one of the 3 coaches could see that?

Just now, daored said:

We have injuries no doubting that , but we could have acted for LB or LWB cover, and defensively we’re short. However , we had Nagy , Palmer, Bakinson & Marippa on the bench today, we have options but seem unable to find a work around (I haven’t included Wells as clearly doesn’t want to be here)

I think we are well past which players should be playing here and which should be playing there....it doesn't matter and makes no difference. 

Nothing will improve until we get a quality manager in to sort out this embarrassing mess of a team.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Saying something but then saying I am not using that as an excuse!

To be fair the injuries are ridiculous. Towler being 6th choice left wing back for example.

But even with the terrible amount of injuries I expect a team to have some kind of cohesion. On and off the ball clueless.

Genuine question - can we expect the team to have any sort of cohesion when the coaching staff have had so little time on the training ground in between games to work with the squad, players returning from injury and of course the academy players integrating into the first team part way through a season? 

I just really feel for him. The ridiculous injury count plus the uniqueness of the season in terms of frequency of games has made his position next to impossible imo

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I think we are well past which players should be playing here and which should be playing there....it doesn't matter and makes no difference. 

Nothing will improve until we get a quality manager in to sort out this embarrassing mess of a team.

I agree , but we can’t keep hearing injuries as an argument. The only position we’re genuinely short at is LB / LWB. 

We currently have no structure , style or identity but people use injuries as an excuse.

3 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Genuine question - can we expect the team to have any sort of cohesion when the coaching staff have had so little time on the training ground in between games to work with the squad, players returning from injury and of course the academy players integrating into the first team part way through a season? 

I just really feel for him. The ridiculous injury count plus the uniqueness of the season in terms of frequency of games has made his position next to impossible imo

Why is it that many other teams have cohesion?

Dean Holden was a more or less unknown member of LJs coaching team. No track record with City fans at all...compared to Jamie Mac. 

Personally, having been given the boot myself in the past, I'm sympathetic to anyone in this position. But I barely know Holden.

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

It was, no answers at all. 

Not good enough ? No shit.

Hard work, look in the mirror, we go again.

But no actual insight into how to improve, what we need to do and how to implement it. Everyone who read the team sheet at 2pm could see that the midfield was wrong, Lansbury holding was wrong, and Moore at LCB with Towler at LWB was going to be exposed. Surely one of the 3 coaches could see that?

Absolutely, his interviews are entirely free of any insight at all. Personally I find his cliche ridden platitudes as irksome as LJ's jargon.

An uninspiring character. I find it hard to imagine him communicating tactical insight to the players or motivating them at all.

Way out of his depth and needs to be cut loose as soon as possible.

14 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

He could always jack it in 

I don’t believe he will. He’s had to suffer huge tragedy in his personal life which would’ve given him enormous resolve and resilience.

I don’t believe him resigning is realistic at all. He will do everything he can to improve our position, I just don’t think it’ll be enough.

Holden took the job he knew the risks that went with the job sadly for him the football has been bloody awful all season,gradually got worse than Lee johnsons we've been lucky in more games than I can list time to go Dean good luck wherever you go but Steve Lansdown and car crashton  you reap what you sow and if Jon Lansdowns dad wasn't running the club he would probably be working in a shop or asda no disrespect meant to people who work at asda

15 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Genuine question - can we expect the team to have any sort of cohesion when the coaching staff have had so little time on the training ground in between games to work with the squad. 

So does every other team!! 

They have little time, they have injuries, maybe not trying play as many inadequate youngsters as us - but whose fault is that??

All the other teams have little time to coach between games, just like us.

Difference is, what little coaching other teams do is done by people who know what they're doing

Archived