IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He needs to choose his pre match words more wisely;

”somethings wrong if the players aren’t up for a game against your local rivals.” Pre Cardiff  

“Watford is the turning point in our season.” Pre Watford.

Stop talking Dean, for the love of god, stop!

Hopefully he'll start the Reading presser with "Well, I expect us to get battered" which will spark an amazing upswing in form.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

A simple open question -

Does anyone for one moment believe that under a manager such as Neil Warnock , covid or no covid , injuries or not , that you’d see a ‘performance’ like that 

Not a chance 

1-0 down within 2 minutes Dean stood with his hands in his pockets, Simpson and Downing sat down with hands in pockets,3 down after half an hour, Dean stood with his hands in his pockets, the two coaches sat down the same, no passion shown no urgency no pointing or hand signals, nothing. Warnock would be apoplectic, the players would certainly know they were in for an uncomfortable time. Our players look like they couldn’t give a toss and the manager looks like he’s merely watching a match with a slight passing interest. 

5 hours ago, Taz said:

Dont be sad. When he gets sacked he'll be paid more than what most of us on here earn in a few years.

Taz  I'm not doubting that for one minute & I'm not having a go at you but its not always about money. 

There's been a lot of talk on here about mental illnesses & situations like this can contribute to that immensely. I realise that Dean isn't up to this task at the minute but I do fear for him, he looked devastated in his post match interview & I just hope he gets through all this safely.

He comes across as good guy & when the inevitable happens I hope he's ok.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Holden’s post match interviews are like something straight out of the Russel Osman “we can win this lads” playbook. 

There doesn’t appear to be any idea of how to tactically correct and effect a change. He’s from the school which says “if I tell the players to look in the mirror and show more passion” that should fire them up. 

He gives no thought to how his actual tactical actions affect players. Poor old Massengo was used in 4 different midfield roles today. He played Lansbury at DM inspite of him saying he hates playing there. Even when he brought Nagy & Baks on (2 players more naturally aligned to the DM role) he still played Lansbury behind them. 
He played a rookie who was until recently a CM, now a CB, at left wing back and offered him zero support - playing a 19 year old infront for protection and a league 1 (at best) defender inside him. That was Towler completely hung out to dry on debut. He’s our 7th choice left back. You simply can’t expose him like that. 

Dean would be better focussing on how he should manage his players better rather than telling them to “look in the mirror”. 

He is showing is exactly who he is - someone who is completely out of his depth. 

Quite right...but he'll not be out of it for much longer in my opinion...

Lose the next two and he's toast.

14 hours ago, CodeRed said:

It was, no answers at all. 

Not good enough ? No shit.

Hard work, look in the mirror, we go again.

But no actual insight into how to improve, what we need to do and how to implement it. Everyone who read the team sheet at 2pm could see that the midfield was wrong, Lansbury holding was wrong, and Moore at LCB with Towler at LWB was going to be exposed. Surely one of the 3 coaches could see that?

I think Mick McCarthy told us as much recently. Something like l noticed they were weak down the left so we attacked that side.

Yes we have been hit with injuries, many of which happened pre window, but it seems we have a sticking plaster/fingers crossed approach which even we as fans can see won’t work, never mind managers whose job it is to find and exploit such weaknesses.

Also when I hear the look in the mirror/ will be back in tomorrow (Sunday) type comments it smacks of desperation and no confidence.

Remember when people used to mock LJ for his long winless streaks . . . Well here you have another one. Only this head coach hasn't got any idea how to get out of tge spiral he's in.

The rot has set in.

Even if he was sacked tonight it will take MA six weeks to find a replacement by which time we will be staring at relegation.

With the rot, we don't need another good talking soft touch, we need a hard nosed disciplinarian to turn this around.

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Remember when people used to mock LJ for his long winless streaks . . . Well here you have another one. Only this head coach hasn't got any idea how to get out of tge spiral he's in.

The rot has set in.

Even if he was sacked tonight it will take MA six weeks to find a replacement by which time we will be staring at relegation.

With the rot, we don't need another good talking soft touch, we need a hard nosed disciplinarian to turn this around.

A hard nosed disciplinarian who is prepared to grovel to Ashton however.

12 minutes ago, Swede said:

The rot has set in.

Well maybe Jon Lansdown can approach a manager that we need like he did with cotts rather than wait for weeks.

Archived