IGNORED

Dean Holden Post Match

Red Army 75

11 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Some of the cliches and phrases that come out of his mouth wouldn’t sound out of place in a changing room at Eastville park or on the Downs.. Hw seems like a nice enough honest bloke but he really is so out of his depth as the head coach of a championship club its embarrassing. 

22 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Genuine question - can we expect the team to have any sort of cohesion when the coaching staff have had so little time on the training ground in between games to work with the squad, players returning from injury and of course the academy players integrating into the first team part way through a season? 

I just really feel for him. The ridiculous injury count plus the uniqueness of the season in terms of frequency of games has made his position next to impossible imo

Genuine question - how do other teams have cohesion then?

There was one really touching bit where he says about how he has responded to challenges in his life. And we all know what he refers to.

There are two ways you can go. You can go under or you can find a way.

I really feel for the guy. Should never have been put in this position in the first place.

30 minutes ago, daored said:

We have injuries no doubting that , but we could have acted for LB or LWB cover, and defensively we’re short. However , we had Nagy , Palmer, Bakinson & Marippa on the bench today, we have options but seem unable to find a work around (I haven’t included Wells as clearly doesn’t want to be here)

To be fair to Holden, for his faults it’s not him who brings in players. Yes he has a veto on players he doesn’t want, but does anyone really believe he didn’t want a left-back in the window? The people who were meant to get it for him are the ones who have ****** up the most on that.

Holden’s post match interviews are like something straight out of the Russel Osman “we can win this lads” playbook. 

There doesn’t appear to be any idea of how to tactically correct and effect a change. He’s from the school which says “if I tell the players to look in the mirror and show more passion” that should fire them up. 

He gives no thought to how his actual tactical actions affect players. Poor old Massengo was used in 4 different midfield roles today. He played Lansbury at DM inspite of him saying he hates playing there. Even when he brought Nagy & Baks on (2 players more naturally aligned to the DM role) he still played Lansbury behind them. 
He played a rookie who was until recently a CM, now a CB, at left wing back and offered him zero support - playing a 19 year old infront for protection and a league 1 (at best) defender inside him. That was Towler completely hung out to dry on debut. He’s our 7th choice left back. You simply can’t expose him like that. 

Dean would be better focussing on how he should manage his players better rather than telling them to “look in the mirror”. 

He is showing is exactly who he is - someone who is completely out of his depth. 

21 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Genuine question - can we expect the team to have any sort of cohesion when the coaching staff have had so little time on the training ground in between games to work with the squad, players returning from injury and of course the academy players integrating into the first team part way through a season? 

I just really feel for him. The ridiculous injury count plus the uniqueness of the season in terms of frequency of games has made his position next to impossible imo

Sensible comment of course but the same applies to every other Championship club in terms of fixture pressure but what is very different is the injury curse that we’ve been hit by. Players returning are essentially like new signings and it takes time and games to get up to speed and familiarity with coaching and gave strategies.

That said getting absolutely stuffed by 6 is unacceptable n anyone’s book regardless of the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Holden’s post match interviews are like something straight out of the Russel Osman “we can win this lads” playbook. 

There doesn’t appear to be any idea of how to tactically correct and effect a change. He’s from the school which says “if I tell the players to look mirror and show more passion” that should fire them up. 

He gives no thought to how his actual tactical actions effect players. Poor old Massengo was used in 4 different midfield roles today. He played Lansbury at DM inspite of him saying he hates playing there. Even when he brought Nagy & Baks on (2 players more naturally aligned to the DM role) he still played Lansbury behind them. 
He played a rookie who was until recently a CM, now a CB, at left wing back and offered him zero support - playing a 19 year old infront for protection and a league 1 (at best) defender inside him. That was Towler completely hung out to dry on debut. He’s our 7th choice left back. You simply can’t expose him like that. 

Dean would be better focussing on how he should manage his players better rather than telling them to “look in the mirror”. 

He is showing is exactly who he is - someone who is completely out of his depth. 

Unfortunately I agree....been like this for 3 months.  Gives me no pleasure in saying this.

If Dean goes, I hope it creates a chain reaction.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

On the "honest Dean" point, he claimed we would play aggressive, front football and get in the opposition's faces. That appears to have been, shall we say, a less than honest claim.

He’s probably trying, but doesn’t know how. As Harry says above, he’s essentially me when I play 2020 football manager, I realise as soon as I turn it on that it’s changed a lot since 2000, so i just try to try to bluff my way through it. 

Sad thing is though, Deano can’t save after a win. 

Just now, glen humphries said:

The general consensus is he’s a genuine top bloke, if he’s got any thing about him he’d walk, it was obvious today the players have downed tools ,he’d of seen this.

Got himself a dream job

Will be working his bollocks off to get it right

and you think he should walk!!!

Get in the real world

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Unfortunately I agree....been like this for 3 months.  Gives me no pleasure in saying this.

If Dean goes, I hope it creates a chain reaction.

It had to create a chain reaction, otherwise we’ll continue to go round in circles. The problem isn’t dean taking the job, it’s dean being appointed in the first place after an ‘intensive recruitment process’ which took six weeks, and the reason Dean got the role he’s a good human. 

Seeing the latest post match interview its clear he doesn't know what to do next.

He is saying what you expect him to say. "feeling hurt" etc etc but he just know how to turn this around.

And its sad. Some people have their limitations.

For his own piece of mind he has to go because this bad bad run will continue.

No real fighters on the pitch to help him. the bloke is doomed

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s probably trying, but doesn’t know how. As Harry says above, he’s essentially me when I play 2020 football manager, I realise as soon as I turn it on that it’s changed a lot since 2000, so i just try to try to bluff my way through it. 

Sad thing is though, Deano can’t save after a win. 

Hang on though...Football Manager and I'm a genius...retired in FM2006 (or thereabouts) having won the World Club Championship and had a statue of me built outside the ground...signing young Zlatan Ibrahimovic helped mind...

But even in FM2020 we don't have any difficulty getting promoted. I know it's a game...but City don't have a terrible squad. Always sack Holden though. Jamie Mac is a much better assistant.

19 minutes ago, GILLI said:

The fact he said he isn’t a quitter a few times, says he deffo isn’t gonna walk !! And as upset as he was with the performance I don’t think he acted like he was someone worried for his job either ... 

I'm not a quitter is football speak for I want my pay off. Can't say I blame him, not his fault Ashton appointed him over candidates who were actually qualified for the job.

Just now, chinapig said:

I'm not a quitter is football speak for I want my pay off. Can't say I blame him, not his fault Ashton appointed him over candidates who were actually qualified for the job.

...correction...'infinitely better qualified for the job' !!!!

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

There doesn’t appear to be any idea of how to tactically correct and effect a change. He’s from the school which says “if I tell the players to look in the mirror and show more passion” that should fire them up. 

He gives no thought to how his actual tactical actions affect players. Poor old Massengo was used in 4 different midfield roles today. He played Lansbury at DM inspite of him saying he hates playing there. Even when he brought Nagy & Baks on (2 players more naturally aligned to the DM role) he still played Lansbury behind them. 

Four rookies down the left hand side (Moore, Towler, Massengo, Semenyo) and two attacking midfielders in defensive midfield roles. Totally clueless and got the result the selection deserved....and I have haven't even mentioned Fam who is now on his 4th poor game on the spin.

Archived