IGNORED

Taylor made...

glastonred

3 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I thought our best player tonight was Taylor Moore. He showed grit and determination and a willingness to put his body on the line. Let's hope he keeps up that spirit in future matches. Well done, Tayls!

He's not good enough.Can't pass,no pace and continualy gives the ball away.

Can be frustratingly inconsistent in a match but bearing in mind he was still up against some pacy Premiership players tonight I thought he did well. 

As for giving the ball away, by no means the worst in that respect tonight, surprised how often Vyner lost possession tonight, kinda expect it now from the usual culprits shall we say. 

18 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I thought our best player tonight was Taylor Moore. He showed grit and determination and a willingness to put his body on the line. Let's hope he keeps up that spirit in future matches. Well done, Tayls!

I agree, I like Moore he reads the game well, has pace and not afraid to stand up a cover other positions when asked. 

Yes has made mistakes, but so has Kallas in the last couple of games before today, but that does not get mentioned.

But a few on here have a downer on him and will never accept he might be OK

23 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I thought he had a decent game.  Bar one loose touch on corner of our box first half, I thought he had a good game.  I thought he used the ball well too.

Has he played like this very often this season?  Nope.  But we are judging tonight, and he positioned himself well.  Was happy when dragged into wide areas, to allow Hunt to squeeze onto Max Lowe.

Thats the level he needs to play at.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he had a decent game.  Bar one loose touch on corner of our box first half, I thought he had a good game.  I thought he used the ball well too.

Has he played like this very often this season?  Nope.  But we are judging tonight, and he positioned himself well.  Was happy when dragged into wide areas, to allow Hunt to squeeze onto Max Lowe.

For a centre half, he either lost far too many winnable headers (against the likes of McGoldrick and Sharp!!) or - unbelievably at this level - he was simply stood in the wrong place to win it as it sailed over his head. And I stopped counting in the first half. The game might well be more technical these days but centre halves still need to dominate their opponent. I doubt Moore could dominate a wet paperbag. Nice lad, decent technical ability, not good enough for where this football club is supposed to be heading. (Although that looks like L1 at the moment, so maybe keep hold of him)

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

For a centre half, he either lost far too many winnable headers (against the likes of McGoldrick and Sharp!!) or - unbelievably at this level - he was simply stood in the wrong place to win it as it sailed over his head. And I stopped counting in the first half. The game might well be more technical these days but centre halves still need to dominate their opponent. I doubt Moore could dominate a wet paperbag. Nice lad, decent technical ability, not good enough for where this football club is supposed to be heading. (Although that looks like L1 at the moment, so maybe keep hold of him)

Yes, an area but him and Vyner need to improve at.  Need to learn to use their bodies better....same could be said for several of our players.  It really is basic stuff.

I'd agree with many of the positives and negatives written about Taylor. What I would say is that he is still years from his peak as a central defender. If he can cut out the silly errors he could be a very good championship defender in my opinion. He is particularly suited to a back three.

It's frustrating because he's the same as a number of players like Vyner, Nagy. Potentially good players but crying out for a decent coach to train them to pass and move properly. He's only hoofing it forwards towards a striker because he's got no other options. We don't seem to be able to coach our players to build constructively out of defence and that's why we lose the ball cheaply 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately his “ every match daft moment” often costs us a goal 

So very, very true....

and that so very nearly happened again last night, I am assuming the OP and a few others have forgotten the moment in the 1st half when he over played it, and nearly had the ball nicked off him with nobody behind him and S Utd had a two man overload. He just got away with it last night, but often its caused a goal against, He unfortunately has a big rick in him every game.

Love the lad though and as many others, I hope he proves me wrong and eradicates the silly unforced errors

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately his “ every match daft moment” often costs us a goal 

Not defending this mad 5 seconds flaw every game they are costly and have cost us goals ... just think there’s a decent player there if he can rid himself of this characteristic.

It is a massive ‘if’ though. 

It seems almost ingrained. ...and it’s not related to any particular circumstance. Most odd.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How often has he played on the right of a back three, though? Not very often. There or in the middle of a back three are his best positions, IMO, and he either plays one of those roles or not at all. 

Taylor Moore is a more than capable backup at this level, and that is exactly where he is.

Do OTIB really expect our 4th/5th choice centre back to be a leading Championship player? 

He is still young for a centre half, so he can develop from where he is now and impress when he gets the chance or go the other way. Either way, he seems settled at the club despite not being a starter and can do a job if we have injuries, so I think we should keep hold of him.

Archived